PDA

View Full Version : 2250 Tournament Dwarf list

LordZombie
20-02-2011, 12:47
Ok, so in my area there is a local tournament every year. I enter every year I can, but normally do not place in anything. This year I decided to just cheese out and see what happens. It is a dwarf list I came up just because.

Runelord (master rune of balance, master rune of spite, master rune of gromril)

Thunderers (10 strong) x 4 units
Miners (8 strong, blasting charges) x 3 units
Cannon (engineer) x 3 units
Bolt thrower (engineer, rune of burning, penetrating, skewering)
Bolt Thrower (engineer, rune of burning, seeking)
Grudge Thrower (engineer, rune of burning, accuarcy, penetrating)
Grudge Thrower (engineer, rune of burning, accuarcy, fortune)
Ogran Gun (engineer)
Ogran Gun (engineer)

Total cost- 2243

Outside of being total cheese, what do you think?

Stunty
20-02-2011, 14:30
Get rid of the bolt throwers and Thunderers and get Quarrelers with GW's! that way you have the option to shoot and fight a little rather than just shoot....... big units of 20 work best for me.

LoadsaOrcs
20-02-2011, 17:09
As above. You'll kill a lot with shooting, but as soon as they get to you you'll be slaughtered. You need at least one 'hold the line' unit. My preference is Hammerers - they're more durable than Quarellers and have Stubborn. (But granted they don't get to shoot). Stick a thane with MRO Challenge in there for the biggest thing that looks like getting through, and your Thunderers get another turn to shoot up the stuff that hasn't arrived yet.

ProphetofProfit
22-02-2011, 14:35
I think you should find some points for a few Master Engineers to assist targetting and provide some entrenchment. Bolt Throwers would be a good choice to axe.