PDA

View Full Version : My house is being invaded!!

nevermore
30-05-2005, 14:30
I **** you not people, i was just going through my cupboard trying to find some food when i discovered not tasty quavers or chocolate but the nutricious and tasty sounding.........HEDGEHOG. :eek:

Yes you read that right, i opened the door and this big ass hedgehog strolled out, looked at me as if to say "who in hell are you?" and bailed out the back door!!!
Now this would not be strange if i lived in the country or on a farm, but i live in a big house next to a motorway!!!

How the hell did it get there? And is this the start of mass spiky invasion?? :mad:

The boyz
30-05-2005, 14:34
My house tends to get invaded during the winter by mice, and then during the summer by ants.

Lord Setra
30-05-2005, 14:36
Yeah my house has the usual invasion of mice during the winter, but I must say I have never came across a hedgehog in my house.

You should maybe consider yourself privelaged that it entered your house :p

nevermore
30-05-2005, 14:36
My house tends to get invaded during the winter by mice, and then during the summer by ants.

I will swap your ants for a hedgehog that looked as if it wanted to punch me!! :p

alterion
30-05-2005, 14:43
we often get ants when we are awya on holiday.. one time when we returned there was a massive colony around one of our windows that took sevral weeks worth of poisoning and overeing to kill.. flying ants are evil

Adlan
30-05-2005, 14:45
When i was small i used to eat pikled hedgehogs,
i washed them down with apple hedgehog juice
I bought them from a shop which had stuffed crocodiles and aligators hanging from the celing.

(True)

But back to your hedgehog, anyidea how it got in, it might have been hibernatin somehere in your house i suppose, but it is a bit late for it to come out now.
was it eating your tasty quavers?

nevermore
30-05-2005, 14:48
When i was small i used to eat pikled hedgehogs,
i washed them down with apple hedgehog juice
I bought them from a shop which had stuffed crocodiles and aligators hanging from the celing.

(True)

But back to your hedgehog, anyidea how it got in, it might have been hibernatin somehere in your house i suppose, but it is a bit late for it to come out now.
was it eating your tasty quavers?

No idea, it would have had to cross a very busy motorway, walk over 500 yards up the driveway get in the back door and into the cupboard (which was closed). I have just checked, it had eat :eek: some of an apple!

Lord Setra
30-05-2005, 14:51
damn that hedgehog.

Lol put some milk out if he returns, milk + hedgehog is not a good mix.

Necrontyr
30-05-2005, 14:52
We have Raccoons, Opossums, Mice and Rats that we find sometimes, and even found a Deer in the front yard once! I also live in a fairly large city near a very busy road. You can just never tell where animals are going to go.

nevermore
30-05-2005, 14:56
I have always wanted a pet raccoon :p

Lord Setra
30-05-2005, 14:59
Lol racoons rule. Even if they do enjoy looking through your rubbish.

nevermore
30-05-2005, 15:06
They can look all they want, but they better not steal my credit card recipts! :p

Lord Setra
30-05-2005, 15:09
Lol you can just see the racoons using your receits to steal your identity and lice the good life.

Damn the racoons.

Kelroth
30-05-2005, 15:12
We've had a couple of hedgehogs out in the garage before, but... in a kitchen cupboard? Damn.

nevermore
30-05-2005, 15:15
They dont have an identity, thats why they wear robbers masks!!

im going to see if i can find it in the back garden and take its picture!!

Lord Setra
30-05-2005, 15:18
Lol if you do that, I can see a few sig pictures being created.

Chuffy
30-05-2005, 15:22
I **** you not people, i was just going through my cupboard trying to find some food when i discovered not tasty quavers or chocolate but the nutricious and tasty sounding.........HEDGEHOG. :eek:

Yes you read that right, i opened the door and this big ass hedgehog strolled out, looked at me as if to say "who in hell are you?" and bailed out the back door!!!
Now this would not be strange if i lived in the country or on a farm, but i live in a big house next to a motorway!!!

How the hell did it get there? And is this the start of mass spiky invasion?? :mad:

Was it blue?

nevermore
30-05-2005, 15:27
cannot find the damm thing :(

i did find a half empty bottle of absinthe though! wonder how that got there, and was it full before the apple eating hedgehog found it!! :eyebrows:

Lord Setra
30-05-2005, 15:29
Damn it.

Lol so we have an angry, apple eating, absinthe drinking hedgehog.

What kind of world do we live in:p

nevermore
30-05-2005, 15:31
Damn it.

Lol so we have an angry, apple eating, absinthe drinking hedgehog.

What kind of world do we live in:p

LMAO :p

Maybe thats why it was angry, it was pissed! :eek:

Lord Setra
30-05-2005, 15:32
Lol in future the absinthe should be locked away to prevent further hedgehog drunkeness.

I mean he could have assaulted you.

nevermore
30-05-2005, 15:34
its when he gets his mates round and starts making cocktails i will start worrying :eek:

Lord Setra
30-05-2005, 15:38
Lol a hedgehog house party.

One question though. Have you worked out how he got in the cupboard.

Maybe he got help and there are more in your house.

nevermore
30-05-2005, 15:40
dont say that!! :eek:

They could be creeping up on me as we speak, they will find be impaled on a thousand hedgehog spikes :eek:

Lord Setra
30-05-2005, 15:45
I can see a film in the making.

Revenge of the drunken Hedgehogs.

I think we need to get some sort of serious discussion going again or this is heading for the wastes.

nevermore
30-05-2005, 15:56
i have just been told that hedgehogs have fles and various diseases so im gonna have to clean the cupboard, damm animal!

Lord Setra
30-05-2005, 16:01
Yeah I suppose crawling around in the muck doesnt do to much for its personal hygiene

Adlan
30-05-2005, 16:31
Hedge hogs have fleas, but unless u are geneticly similar to a hedge hog, they won't like the taste of your blood.
I've never actually encounterd a livehedgehog in all my years of rural life. several dead ones (squashed don't count) but none alive. Badgers, thats what u need to get rid of hedgehogs. Badgers eat hedge hogs. in a very messy way.

nevermore
30-05-2005, 16:36
Hedge hogs have fleas, but unless u are geneticly similar to a hedge hog, they won't like the taste of your blood.
I've never actually encounterd a livehedgehog in all my years of rural life. several dead ones (squashed don't count) but none alive. Badgers, thats what u need to get rid of hedgehogs. Badgers eat hedge hogs. in a very messy way.

I will just pop down to the local badger shop and me an attack badger :p

The pestilent 1
30-05-2005, 16:41
never seen a badger mad i take it.
mean, viscous things are badgers.
seeing an entire... group (what is the name for a group of foxes?) of foxes have the bejebus scared out of them by a ...group (errr?) of badgers was kinda cool.
especially seeing as there were three times as many foxes.

Cheesejoff
30-05-2005, 16:44
I will just pop down to the local badger shop and me an attack badger :p

That would be a bad idea, you think that hedgehog gets drunk? Wait till you see badgers! Haven't you seen the "badgers badgers badgers mushrooms!" video? They were drunk in that too! They forgot the words cause they were so out of it!

The boyz
30-05-2005, 19:41
i have just been told that hedgehogs have fles and various diseases so im gonna have to clean the cupboard, damm animal!

Yeah, but Ticks are what you have to watch out for. Those things love blood.

The boyz
30-05-2005, 19:46
I will swap your ants for a hedgehog that looked as if it wanted to punch me!! :p

LOL yeah you have got your self a deal. My Ants for your Hedgehog. :D

Adlan
30-05-2005, 20:30
A group of Foxes is a skulk, (luckily i have only ever encounterd them one at a time, i'm only aloud to use a bolt action rifle)
A group of Badgers is a Cete. and badgers are very nasty things, I once found one of their setts and set up a camera, got some photos of a badger biting it.

Edit: Can't find the photos, and badgers in a cete are usually part of a clan.

Verergoca
30-05-2005, 21:44
Kind of cool...

At school we have these "slime-fish" (guessing here from literal dutch translation), in the aquarium I take care of, and these small (6-9 cm long) fish are vicious...

They look all nice and cute, but when we throw in a small crab or shrimp....

Pieces flying all over the tank:evilgrin:

PBGhost
30-05-2005, 21:49
Verergoca...do you mean an eel perhaps?

Makaan
30-05-2005, 22:46
we have lots of deer, squirrels and bunnys around the house. Occasionally we are invaded by small, black ants during the sommer, not to forget my neighbours damn curious cat.

Lordmonkey
06-06-2005, 22:58
I have an ant colony right beneath my bed. They love it, since i leave food out when i fall asleep drunk (almost always)