PDA

View Full Version : Another O&G army (New Book)

Tedurur
22-02-2011, 08:27
Savage Orcs are somewhat of a point sink but should be able to beat some face. Not sure about the Lord setup but most units should be hitting him on a +5 and quite possibly having to re roll 6s so he should be fairly safe with only a 5++ save. Not sure its worth loosing +1 str first round of combat tho, ideas?

Arrer boys help protect the rock lobbas while possibly killing something at range as well.

Spiders disrupt and try to go after war machines.

Lord:
Savage Orc WarBoss (Fencers Blades, Shimering Armour)

Goblin Great Shaman (Lvl 4, +4 Ward)

Hero:
Savage Orc Big Boss (BSB, Razor Standard)

Savage Orc Shaman (Lvl2, Shrunken Head)

NG Shaman (Lvl 2, Dispel)

NG Big Boss (Tormentor Blade)

Core:
38xNG (2xFanatics, Full Command, Netters)

38xNG (2xFanatics, Full Command, Netters)

6x Spider Riders (Bows)

6x Spider Riders (Bows)

27xSavage Orc Big Uns (Full Command, Extra Choppa, Big ass Thingy (D3 Impact hits)

20xArrer Boyz (Musican)

Special:
Goblin Chariot

Goblin Chariot

6xTrolls

Rare:
Rock Lobba

Rock Lobba

sssk
22-02-2011, 09:08
Looking good,

How many points is it?

I'm not totally convinced by the bows on the spiders, and indeed I might be inclined to switch a unit of spiders for a unit of wolves (or maybe even just drop one of the units of spiders).

I'd definitely swap one lobba for a doom diver.

Your BSB looks a little vulnerable to me, but I think we all know my opinions of BSBs, so I won't go on about it.

I would also be a little concerned about the amount of magic you have. baring in mind on average you'll get 7 power dice per turn (plus channeling, and goblin lore thingy) that's realistically going to be 3 spells being attempted per turn, at most. I would be inclined to either drop the great shaman (and get more core infantry), or drop both level 2 shamen (and get more core infantry), or drop the goblin level 2 shaman (and get more core infantry).

Personally I'll be playing around with either a level 4 or 2 level 2s, once I get the book, and I'll probably end up with 2 level 2s (having your whole magic phase vanish because one unit fails animosity can be painful), though the plus 4 to cast is handy...and mushrooms may well take their toll.

Tedurur
22-02-2011, 19:03
Thanks for the comments! The previous list was a 2500pts list. With your comments in mind I have reworked a 2250pts list.
As for the BSB, I do not know your opinion on them. Please enlighten me :)

Lord: 455
Savage Orc WarBoss (Fencers Blade, Shimering Armour)

Night Goblin Great Shaman (Lvl 4, +4 Ward, Dispel)

Hero: 340

Savage Orc Shaman (Shrunken Head)

Core: 1055
39xNG (2xFanatics, Full Command, Netters)

40xNG (2xFanatics, Full Command, Netters)

5x Spider Riders (Bows)

27xSavage Orc Big Uns (Full Command, Extra Choppa, Big ass Thingy (D3 Impact hits)

20xArrer Boyz (Musican)

Special: 310
Goblin Chariots

Goblin Chariots

6xTrolls

Rare: 165
Doom Diver

Rock Lobba

To make this a 2500pts list I would most likely add another 6 trolls and possibly upgrade the SO shaman to lvl 2

sssk
23-02-2011, 08:08
That's looking absolutely fine I think. Well worth taking it to the field and see how it works (then tweak as you find what works for you and what doesn't).

My BSB opinion is that their inherent ability (re-rolling leadership within 12") is absolutely fantastic, and therefore it's very very important to keep them alive. As such I much prefer my BSB to have defensive items, rather than a magic standard. With a magic standard, he can benefit the unit (or whatever), but once combat occurs, he'll be relatively easy to kill, and therefore you'll lose both the bonus from your (expensive) magic standard, and you'll lose the leadership re-rolls (which in orc and gobbos, can often be tremendously bad!).

Anyway, in summary, that list looks great, well done.

Tedurur
23-02-2011, 09:42
Thenks for the comments!
I see your point. I was thinking of deploying 5 wide and have him the second rank. He does have a 5++ save which is not good by any means but its not awful either. The problem with deploying him in the second rank would be that I would run a rather big risk of loosing my shaman and thus the Lucky Shrunken Head...

What I have considered is changing the Shamans around, trading the lvl 4 NG shaman and the lvl 1 SO shaman in my above list for a lvl 4 SO shaman with Shrunken Head and Fencer's Blades and a lvl 2 NG shaman with a dispel scroll.
By giving the SO Great Shaman the Fencer's Blades I increase his survivability by quite a bit and he can rather reliably be put in the fron rank. This would put the cost of the SOs close to 1k pts tho =/

Tedurur
24-02-2011, 17:51
No more comments? Im a noob so any info is most welcome :)

Tedurur
27-02-2011, 09:30
After some further tweaking I have come up with this instead:

Lord: 468
Savage Orc WarBoss (Glittering Scales,Potion of Speed, Additional Choppa)

Savage Orc Great Shaman (Lvl 4, Shrunken Head(+1 War Paint Save for unit), Fencers Blades)

Hero: 270

NG Shaman (Dispel Scroll)

NG Shaman

Core: 1032
39xNG (2xFanatics, S&M, Netters)

39xNG (2xFanatics, S&M, Netters)

5x Spider Riders (Bows)

20xArrer Boyz (Musican)

Special: 310
Goblin Chariots

Goblin Chariots

6xTrolls

Rare: 165
Doom Diver

Rock Lobba

This is with the new book but everything has pretty much the same stats as the old one.

The Savage Orc Great SHaman is quite survivable with T5 and WS 10 and 5++ save which is not only important because oof the magic but also so that the Lucky Shrunken head doesnt go poof as soon as I enter combat....With WS 10 Fists of Gork will turn the shaman into a pretty mean combat character as well. 6 str 8 WS 10 attacks seems pretty neat, at least to me :)
2 NG shamans gives me more flexibility than a single lvl 2.