PDA

View Full Version : Skaven questions?

Pointy Headed Elven Paladin
23-02-2011, 05:46
I have a few questions about the Skaven army:

The Plague Furnance & Screaming Bell: can they make march move by the Skaven units that push them?

Doomwheels can only take a stand and hold charge reaction against charge declarations due to ITP, correct?

If a Doomwheel touches the edge of a forest template does it take a dangerous terrain check like chariots?

If a Doomwheel flees off the table because of losing close combat can it return in the following Skaven movement phase?

Strength in Numbers and Disruptions: Can a flanking unit of 10 models or more that charge a unit of Skaven with the Strength in Numbers rule in the flank or rear of the regiment still claim the LD bonus?

The Dread Thirteenth Spell & Characters in units: If the Skaven players roll more then the number figures in the unit for the spell effect does this extend to characters that joined the unit? For example the army general & BSB is in a unit of 14 models (for 16 models total) and the 13th spell is successfully cast on them for 16 models on 4d6 is the entire unit destroyed including characters or just the unit?

shelfunit.
23-02-2011, 07:39
1) Yes

2) Yes

3) Take D3 Str 4 hits - according to the Skaven book.

4) Name one other unit that flees off the table and returns... (no)

5) Not 10 models - just needs to have 2 ranks (so 6 models for ogres and Brets - as long as they are in 2 ranks)

6) Yes - but only if all models are basic infantry, if a character in the unit is (for some reason) on a horse the entire unit is immune to the spell).

Munin
23-02-2011, 07:46
3) Take D3 Str 4 hits - according to the Skaven book.

Are you sure about this? Now I dont have the Skaven book but the FAQ says:

Page 67 – Rolling Doom
Replace this special rule with the following:
“The Doomwheel has the Random Movement special rule,
with the following exceptions.
• The Doomwheel treats terrain in the same manner as a
Chariot.”
Note that the ‘Loss of Control’ rule remains unchanged.

shelfunit.
23-02-2011, 07:48
I bow to your superior reading of the FAQ - the damn thing is so long and convoluted I missed that one :D

Pointy Headed Elven Paladin
23-02-2011, 09:11
6) Yes - but only if all models are basic infantry, if a character in the unit is (for some reason) on a horse the entire unit is immune to the spell).

You got to be kidding me???

That all it takes to stop that spell without having to throw dispel dice or use a dispel scroll? I guess I'm mounting some mages on Elven barded steeds then. :D

I assume this applies to Monsterous infantry as well?

morglumnecksnapper
23-02-2011, 09:42
[QUOTE=I assume this applies to Monsterous infantry as well?[/QUOTE]

It sure do!

shelfunit.
23-02-2011, 10:17
You got to be kidding me???

That all it takes to stop that spell without having to throw dispel dice or use a dispel scroll? I guess I'm mounting some mages on Elven barded steeds then. :D

I assume this applies to Monsterous infantry as well?

Indeed - but remember, once mounted on the steed you lose the "look out sir!" roll and can be targeted seperately by those pesky Jezzails.

FestHest
23-02-2011, 10:18
Q: How are casualties from The Curse of the Horned Rat
distributed? What if there are characters in the unit, of troop type
infantry or otherwise? (p79)
A: Compare the result of the 4D6 roll to the number of infantry
models in the unit. If the result is equal to or larger than the
number of infantry models (including any characters that are
infantry) then remove all of the infantry models and replace the
unit with an equal number of Clanrats. Any non-infantry
models left must be placed by the controlling player 1” away
from the newly formed unit, facing in any direction. If the result
is less than the number of infantry models in the result then the
casualties will be distributed as hits from shooting.

So no, the unit is not immune to The Curse of the Horned Rat just because it includes a character on something like a horse. If the unit is of trooptype infantry the spell works.

shelfunit.
23-02-2011, 13:01
So no, the unit is not immune to The Curse of the Horned Rat just because it includes a character on something like a horse. If the unit is of trooptype infantry the spell works.

Ahh, you are correct - I miss-read the next FAQ section...

Q: Can I target a unit with The Curse of the Horned Rat
comprised of infantry and non-infantry models? (p79)
A: No, unless all of the non-infantry models are characters.
Such units are unique units and as such cannot be targeted by
The Curse of the Horned Rat. Note that adding a character to a
unit of a different troop type will not make that unit unique, it’s
troop type will be unchanged.

.. incorrectly, so if the non-infantry are characters the spell works as normal, if they are not - ie krogxigor/skink units or similar the spell won't work.

FestHest
23-02-2011, 13:38
Yes, an example is monsters with handlers, even though there are infantry in the unit you can't legaly target that unit because theres a monster in it too, or rat ogres and handlers, etc.

The only execption is characters.

Lex
23-02-2011, 14:23
Indeed - but remember, once mounted on the steed you lose the "look out sir!" roll and can be targeted seperately by those pesky Jezzails.

Incorrect. The character still can't be targeted separately since he's still part of the unit. Lo,S! is only available for template weapons/spells while in a unit. Character outside a unit is a different story. The hit distribution rules are very specific when dealing with characters/champions in units.

shelfunit.
23-02-2011, 14:29
Incorrect. The character still can't be targeted separately since he's still part of the unit. Lo,S! is only available for template weapons/spells while in a unit. Character outside a unit is a different story. The hit distribution rules are very specific when dealing with characters/champions in units.

See how brilliant I am ( :shifty: ) including all these mistakes to test everyone...

FestHest
23-02-2011, 14:39
See how brilliant I am ( :shifty: ) including all these mistakes to test everyone...

You got 4 out of 6 :)
Life is for learning.

shelfunit.
23-02-2011, 15:53
You got 4 out of 6 :)
Life is for learning.

66% - not hideously bad. Wish there wasn't so many pages of FAQs to filter through.