PDA

View Full Version : First a joke, but now a serious consideration

Justus
24-02-2011, 02:31
For the past week or so I've been joking about playing Eldar after learning about the Nightspinner rules here, saying things like, "So this weekend I'm picking up my two Fireprisms and Nightspinner, but my Fire Dragons are still in the mail." I looked at the Codex and some of the things possible just seem unreal PLUS I can put people into a state of rage. My best friend plays Eldar and thought I was being serious at first, thinking it was a great idea.

The more research I've been doing, the more I like them. I love the models, and have an Elf obsession. I love the fluff as well. I love the sheer mobility, which is a far cry from my Chaos Space Marines. I love all of the ways to get around bad things. Doom? Guide? Fortune? It seems like a totally different playstyle than my trusty Thousand Sons. My only beef is that I got 'Nids for Christmas and only have 1500 points worth. I just wasn't happy with the fact that my opponent could walk into cover and laugh at my assaults, among other things. But that's beside the point. I like the whole Eldar bit a lot. My birthday is next week plus I'm a senior in high school, so people still give me money. Should I pull the trigger here?

Shnerg
24-02-2011, 02:57
Yes, though eBay some models, or proxy. You need to make sure they actually suit you on the tabletop. Rules are fine, but until you have experience with them, you're not going to be able to play well.

nightgant98c
24-02-2011, 02:58
If you like the army, and will enjoy the playstyle, and have money, then yes you should.

Justus
24-02-2011, 03:03
I've played as them and played AGAINST them often, which has let me see what they are like from both sides. And I did proxy his Eldar, I've done so many a times while playing games where we switch armies. In fact, Sunday we are doing a 2v2 game in which he is using his BA and I am using his Eldar.

New Cult King
24-02-2011, 03:55
Sounds like Eldar really tickle your nerd nerve. Do it :D

jt.glass
24-02-2011, 10:37
"So this weekend I'm picking up my two Fireprisms and Nightspinner, but my Fire Dragons are still in the mail."Aren't they the same kit? :D

Anyway, I've been saying for a long time that my next army would be either Eldar or their darker kin, but I am also thinking now I should probably just get on with it! Especally with ith IA11 coming and stuff, it just seems like the time is nigh!

OTOH, I've still got an awful lot of marines to paint so I probably shouldn't go buying to much stuff!

jt.

kane40k
24-02-2011, 11:01
If you like the idea and you have the resorces to do it then hell yeah :) Just remember the Dark Gods may come knocking one day . . . :) (Jokes incase you thought this was serious :) )

Yeah man id say do it.

kasrkinsquad
24-02-2011, 12:58
Sounds like Eldar really tickle your nerd nerve. Do it :D

If you are enjoying your games with the Eldar I say do it if you have the money.

I purchase a pretty large army from a friend for 350 dollars and I am addicted. I love the fluff, I love the codex, and I want to buy just about every unit in the dex except for guardians and guardian jetbikes.

I just wish I could paint them but I rather finish my Imperial Guard first then do one more army before I start them.

Horus38
24-02-2011, 18:35
Sounds like someone's about to fall over the edge! :D

Welcome aboard, there's a really good tight knit group of us that play Eldar here on Warseer and boatloads of written advice on the army style/lists.

It's not happening anytime soon, but the Eldar are also due for a new book (I predict in the next year or two), so something else to look forward to.

Xarian
24-02-2011, 20:04
Eldar have some incredibly beautiful models. I don't think you'd regret collecting an army, even if you will never play with all of it (e.g. my own masses of wraithguard)

Son_Of_A_Horus
24-02-2011, 21:54
If you like the idea and you have the resorces to do it then hell yeah :) Just remember the Dark Gods may come knocking one day . . . :) (Jokes incase you thought this was serious :) )

Yeah man id say do it.

No jokes man. I sold my Emperors Children and Slaanesh has been emailing me every day since. He's a nightmare man...

Eldar are amazing. Great fun to play with and the variation is incredible

Thud
24-02-2011, 23:08
According to my opponents, playing against my Mechdar is extremely frustrating. :D

Do it!

sigur
25-02-2011, 00:06
Sure, go for it. Eldar are a great army and have beautiful models. I'd maybe play them if I wasn't that traumatized from playing against them time after time in 3rd edition.

Chapters Unwritten
25-02-2011, 00:40
The Eldar are a very good army even in the current climate.