PDA

View Full Version : Daemons miscast

slayer8045
24-02-2011, 06:43
I just played a game against Daemons with a crazy amount of horrors and some killer spell casters. He kept getting double 6's but he claimed that he only rolls on his own miscast table not the one everyone else uses in the main book. It did not seem right but it was a friendly game and I did not want to argue. I only won due to the fact we were playing watchtower and my only remaining pieces a wounded Runesmith along with 5 longbeards managed to hold out on the 7th turn.

Is this right that Daemons use the miscast chart in their own army book? Or is the miscast table suppose to be only for the spell casting units like horrors?

Thanks in advance.

dragonet111
24-02-2011, 07:37
The horrors suffer 1d6 wounds without any kind of saves when they roll a miscast. It is the only unit in the army book using that rule, every other daemon spell casters are treated as classic spell casters.

Kalandros
24-02-2011, 09:10
He does not have a miscast table in his book.
Horrors who can cast will lose D6 Wounds and not roll on the table.

But any other daemon caster must use the miscast table in the main rulebook

Munin
24-02-2011, 10:39
If thats the daemon mistcast "table" why would he wanna use it on his other casters? D6 wounds w/o any saves on a herald? That could instakill any of his casters.

Garviel
24-02-2011, 14:32
If thats the daemon mistcast "table" why would he wanna use it on his other casters? D6 wounds w/o any saves on a herald? That could instakill any of his casters.

It isnt a mis-cast table.

Horrors of Tzeench loose D6 wounds when they mis-cast, this is one of their special rules.

All other Damon wizards follow the normal rules for mis-casts as per BRB

slayer8045
25-02-2011, 07:10
Cool, thanks for clearing this up.

Munin
25-02-2011, 07:50
It isnt a mis-cast table.

Horrors of Tzeench loose D6 wounds when they mis-cast, this is one of their special rules.

All other Damon wizards follow the normal rules for mis-casts as per BRB

Yeah I read that in the two previous post. But I was wondering about the reasoning of the daemon player. If he insisted that all daemon wizards use the "miscast table" from the book and the only special rule about miscasts is the D6 wounds w/o saves. Why would he wanna do that? That would kill the heralds right away most of the times on a miscast. Oh well...

dragonet111
25-02-2011, 08:16
Yeah I read that in the two previous post. But I was wondering about the reasoning of the daemon player. If he insisted that all daemon wizards use the "miscast table" from the book and the only special rule about miscasts is the D6 wounds w/o saves. Why would he wanna do that? That would kill the heralds right away most of the times on a miscast. Oh well...

I feel like the dude was a cheating cheater :)

@slayer8045. How worked his own miscast table?