PDA

View Full Version : Assasins with no Scout/infiltration? ORLY?

Luisjoey
24-02-2011, 18:06
New Grey Knights Codex!

You are kiddin me, assasins without infiltration?

Thoughts about this?

I donīt like to complain about an army and the codex, i know that Grey knights are so powerfull with lots of abilities;

but the assasins, that i admire a lot, thou having LOTS of universal rules lack of one important.... scout/infiltrate; well i know this is about OUTFLANKING (something logical for an assasin) but infilitrate is a rule that is for placing them in advance and beneficial position, lacking it and something alike is very odd.

donīt you think the same?

Eldoriath
24-02-2011, 18:24
I do agree, but the 'dex ain't out yet and we can still hope that they all get infiltrate at least.

Mannimarco
24-02-2011, 18:34
Remember the leaked codex which may or may not even be real to begin with is subject to change before it even reaches the shelves anyway.

Luisjoey
24-02-2011, 18:41
Hope so mannimarco, hope so...

Gobskrag 'Eadbasha
24-02-2011, 18:51
That is rather silly, I suppose.

Damien 1427
24-02-2011, 19:30
Remember the leaked codex which may or may not even be real to begin with is subject to change before it even reaches the shelves anyway.

If it is real, it's unlikely a huge amount will change. The leaked version doing the rounds seems reasonably complete, and given the timescales involved with printing, if it's a Spring release it'll already be at the printers.

To be honest, if, for example, that Vindicare is real, you won't need it. He'll be far too busy blowing up Land Raiders.

Luisjoey
01-03-2011, 13:20
ROLF! vindicare is like a new devastator

MajorWesJanson
01-03-2011, 14:20
Vindicare has Infiltrate.
Callidus deploys like Marbo.
The other two don't, but honestly, neither Culexus or Eversor temples are much for stealth. Culexus hunts down psykers, Eversor is a terror weapon.

Lord Damocles
01-03-2011, 14:25
And it's not like Death Cult Assassins got a 66% reduction in points cost or anything (and can come in units [with other Henchmen])

Memnos
01-03-2011, 14:27

http://files.myopera.com/drlaunch/albums/37656/no-wai001.jpg

So no Infiltrating Eversors? Are they still 0-1, or can I throw 3 Eversor's on the field and watch as joy spreads through my body and settles in my nether regions?

Private_SeeD
01-03-2011, 14:34
I've been told that the leaked GK codex is legit just at an early stage of being put together, so some of the rules might be changed but very unlikely. and I just checked and there seems to be no rule stating they're 0-1 or that you'll need an =][= in your army to use one

Zurken
01-03-2011, 14:42
I've been told that the leaked GK codex is legit just at an early stage of being put together, so some of the rules might be changed but very unlikely. and I just checked and there seems to be no rule stating they're 0-1 or that you'll need an =][= in your army to use one

In the army list of the leaked codex all Assasins are listed as "uniqe" though nothing hinders you from having different Assasins in the same army.

Luisjoey
01-03-2011, 14:59
Vindicare is the one that least need the infiltration, is a ranged guy...

the others that rely on close range or CC, without infiltration is what bothers me! isnīt supposed that new codex have cheesey stuff? :P

shadowhawk2008
01-03-2011, 15:07
I believe the Grey Knights part of the codex covers that instead of both grey knights and the inquisition grunts.

Mannimarco
01-03-2011, 15:14
Vindicare is the one that least need the infiltration, is a ranged guy...

the others that rely on close range or CC, without infiltration is what bothers me! isnīt supposed that new codex have cheesey stuff? :P

Vindicares are expected to infiltrate as seen in the short story where one plants a bunch of explosives around an Ork gargant facility to the failed execution of Cardinal Xaphan (which would have succeeded if he had bothered to use his fancy special ammo)

shadowhawk2008
01-03-2011, 15:19
Vindicares are expected to infiltrate as seen in the short story where one plants a bunch of explosives around an Ork gargant facility to the failed execution of Cardinal Xaphan (which would have succeeded if he had bothered to use his fancy special ammo)

There seem to be a few cases where the FW narrative sometimes break down because of how some of the armies/characters underutilize their resources. The failed execution of Xaphan is one such exception. The other I found to be really odd was how the Raptors on Taros were so under-used and mainly did fleet protection for the majority of the campaign.

Zeroth
01-03-2011, 18:45
So the rules don't match the fluff? That's a shocker! Never thought Games Workshop would do that, oh wait..

Col. Tartleton
01-03-2011, 20:46
As my sig says: There is no Inquisition. Grey Knights Codex is fake until release. Any divergence from this will be received with fixed chain bayonets. All speculation does is play into their insidious hands...

Grey Knights will be underpowered-balance, fluffy fluff, and not written by Matt Ward... Even though his books are great.

New Cult King
02-03-2011, 05:23
As my sig says: There is no Inquisition. Grey Knights Codex is fake until release. Any divergence from this will be received with fixed chain bayonets. All speculation does is play into their insidious hands...

Grey Knights will be underpowered-balance, fluffy fluff, and not written by Matt Ward... Even though his books are great.

Now I feel all woozy :p

Seriously though, the range on the Vindicare's weapon should be such that he can pick off anything from his own deployment zone.

Hellebore
02-03-2011, 05:27
Now I feel all woozy :p

Seriously though, the range on the Vindicare's weapon should be such that he can pick off anything from his own deployment zone.

It'd be more accurate to just have him as an off table asset that can shoot one model every turn regardless of LoS...:p

Hellebore

New Cult King
02-03-2011, 05:36
It'd be more accurate to just have him as an off table asset that can shoot one model every turn regardless of LoS...:p

Hellebore

I would be down with that.

"My Vindicare is deployed down the street. On the roof of the 7-11. Six blocks away. Your general is now dead."

TheLaughingGod
02-03-2011, 06:35
I would be down with that.

"My Vindicare is deployed down the street. On the roof of the 7-11. Six blocks away. Your general is now dead."

"My Farseer is fine. You lost contact with your Vindicare an hour ago. In related news, my Striking Scorpions are Outflanking..."