PDA

View Full Version : Strigoi list help

Gop
24-03-2006, 03:01
Hi all, I usually play BoC or OK but decided to investigate VC's.The strigoi with Necs looks mean.Anyone care to help tune this list?I don't care TOO much about comp :angel:

Vampire Count
General; Strigoi; Level 2; Curse of the Revenant; Infinite Hatred

Necromancer
Level 2; Power Familiar

Necromancer
Level 2; Book of Arkhan; Gem of Blood

Necromancer
Level 2; Dispel Scroll; Power Stone

8 Ghouls

8 Ghouls

6 Ghouls

25 Zombies
Musician; Standard Bearer

25 Skeletons
Full command; shields

2 x 5 Dire Wolves

24 Grave Guard
Full Command; Banner of the Barrows

5 Black Knights
Full Command; Barding; Banner of the Dead Legion

5 Black Knights
Musician; Standard Bearer; Barding

1 Banshee

Frankly
24-03-2006, 04:01
A really nice armylist IMO.

Staff of damnation is well worth its points, if you have lots of G.Guard annd black knight unit in your armylist, then its WELL worth adding it into your armylist.

Black Periapt is vastly better than the power familar for its points cost, remember that you can save ANYONES unused power dice not just your own.

Iron sinews is a top bloodline power, I rarely use or see people using curse of the Revenant, imo, its to costly and there are better B.powers to spend points on.

Personally I wouldn't go for standards in those small B.knight units, thats alot of easy V.P.s just sitting around. Also I'd imagine ghouls or more D.wolves would be a better opion to the armylist than a single banshee and the cummands on your B.knights.

fubukii
24-03-2006, 06:46
Give the vampire Summon ghouls Iron sinews and the regeneration. Drop gem of blood. And get some fell bats for war machine hunting.

tha sha0lin s0n
25-03-2006, 16:18
yeah fer sure give him summon ghouls. such a good bloodline power. i'd say drop the grave guard and get some more black knights, fell bats, or another banshee but the 2nd banshee might be considered cheap by other people.

Wickerman71
26-03-2006, 23:54
Overall a nice list with allot of speed just a few minor tweaks is all

Vampire Count
General; Strigoi; Level 2; Curse of the Revenant; Infinite Hatred

I agree with what fubukii & tha sha0lin s0n drop Infinite Hatred in favor of Iron Sinews & Summon Ghouls

Necromancer
Level 2; Power Familiar

Necromancer
Level 2; Book of Arkhan; Gem of Blood

Necromancer
Level 2; Dispel Scroll; Power Stone

Frankly offered you some very sound advice to you I would drop the Power Fim, Gem of Blood & Power Stone. In Favor of saving points plus add in Staff of Damnation & Black Periapt. Your overall Dice is not effected to baddly plus you add in a bound spell (at lvl 4 no less). This would all run you 45pts less combine that with the extrat 15 pts spent on the lord & you have your self 30 points to spare.

8 Ghouls

8 Ghouls

6 Ghouls

Unit size is a bit small they will panic very easy with Summon Ghouls I would drop your unit count down to two with no less than 9 Ghouls in each unit. This increases you to taking 3 wounds from missle fire before you check for panic.

25 Zombies
Musician; Standard Bearer

25 Skeletons
Full command; shields

You only have one fighting hero to offset these two units, the down side off taking 3 Necromancers. Both the Units are to big when you consider that you could cast Invocation 4 times a turn drop Skeletons down to 19 strong. Also you should drop every command piece other than the standard on the skeletons. I would strongly suggest dropping the Zombies all together. Though if you do insist on keeping them, go with the min size & use them as Necromancer guards & starting units to make bigger in game.

5 Black Knights
Full Command; Barding; Banner of the Dead Legion

5 Black Knights
Musician; Standard Bearer; Barding

I would drop the Hell Knight on the first unit & find the points to add the War Banner onto the second.

As for what to add to your army it's a shame you only have 1 Special slot left because both Fell Bats & Spirit Hosts would work well in your army. Your list has four fast units in it already if your in a war machine light environment & face Big beasties like dragons & such I would go for a block of Spirits.

Tormentor of Slaanesh
27-03-2006, 19:33
Definatly need spirits, how does anyone survive without them? Have a thrall in the skeletons, you will still have 6 levels of magic. With 5 knights is any command worth it? Are they there as flankers?

Gop
28-03-2006, 21:15
Cheers for the help lads. Any more sage advice?

ToS yes the Knights were mainly intended to be fast flankers, hold them back until the zombies etc. engage then hit them while summoning more troops. Is this a crap idea? As mentioned, I am just starting with VC so any advice AT ALL is much appreciated.