PDA

View Full Version : 2500pts beastmen

AngelofSorrow
25-02-2011, 16:01
So here is the list I came up with for my game this saturday.
please C&C very welcome.*

Beastlord Graktar Chosengor ( keeping the bestigors in combat as long as possible
*and inflicting damage)
-Blackened Plate
-Shield
-Gnarled Hide
-Talisman of Endurance
-Crown of Command
248pts
Great Bray-Shaman Hekara Totemcaller ( using wildform to buff units and various spells to shave off ranks or targeting monsters if I get the boltthrower spell)
-Level 4
-Lore of Beasts
-Talisman of Preservation
-Hagtree Fetish
300pts
Wargor Korga Bloodgor ( holding the army together)
-Armor of Destiny
-Shield
-Battle Standard
162pts
Bray Shaman Tarak Beastmaster ( casting Wildform)
-Lore of Beasts
-Level 2
110pts
39 Bestigors ( for KILLING!! and general bunker)
-full Command
-Standard of Discipline
513pts
36 Gors ( genral combat unit. has the staying power needed for protracted battles and killing power to cause a few casualties while Razorgors get into position)
-Full Command
-Two Hand Weapons
308pts
36 Gors
-Full Command
-Two Hand Weapons
308pts
35 Ungors ( Flank protection Wizard bunker, to bog down scary units, can cause damage as well)
-Spears
-full command
225pts
6 Harpies ( warmachine and wizard hunting. Redirecting and march blocking)
-Scouts
84pts
5 Ungor Raiders ( for Harrasing 2 units in ambush, and redirecting)
30pts
5 Ungor Raiders
30pts
5 Ungor Raiders
30pts
5 Ungor Raiders
30pts
Razorgor ( for flank protection redirecting and flank charges)
55pts
Razorgor
55pts

*the bestis are in horde formation. The Gors are 6x6. Ungors are 5x7
My opponent is running with this.*

Chaos lord- with breath weapon gift, always strike first sword, and steed of slaanesh

Sorcerer lord- charmed shield, level 3 lore of fire all else unknown

BSB unknown equipment

29 marauders flails, mark of slaanesh, full command

29 warriors- halberds and shields full command, frenzy banner

29 marauder horsemen- light armor, flails and throwing spears, full command

Hellcannon

Chariot

"Ready for eternal war!"

ftayl5
25-02-2011, 22:12
First off, could you put some spaces in between each unit and character, makes it much much easier to read.

Good list though, I'd consider putting the Gnarled Hide on the BSB, dropping the armour of destiny and getting the Beast Banner, put him with the gors they become very nasty. Also the Unogrs don't need spears - I would advise removing them, spend the 35pts on your characters or something.

Slayerthane
26-02-2011, 18:03
If the beastlord is going in with the bestigors, and he has the crown of command, then isn't the Standard of Discipline redundant? You can't use the generals leadership when adding 1 to the unit's leadership based on my understanding of the wording. Plus you will already be a unit that is stubborn on Ld 9.

ftayl5
26-02-2011, 22:14
If the beastlord is going in with the bestigors, and he has the crown of command, then isn't the Standard of Discipline redundant? You can't use the generals leadership when adding 1 to the unit's leadership based on my understanding of the wording. Plus you will already be a unit that is stubborn on Ld 9.

A unit with the Standard of Discipline and all characters in it get +1 LD but cannot use the Inspiring Presence (12" LD bonus) of the general. But they can still use his LD if he is leading them, hence: LD 10 general and unit. Add Crown of Command and you can guarantee that those Bestigors will not flee unless the character dies, or you roll really really badly, but even that can be solved by having the BSB hanging around.

It's not redundant, it's just perhaps a bit over the top, but very very reliable.

Slayerthane
27-02-2011, 17:06
A unit with the Standard of Discipline and all characters in it get +1 LD but cannot use the Inspiring Presence (12" LD bonus) of the general. But they can still use his LD if he is leading them, hence: LD 10 general and unit. Add Crown of Command and you can guarantee that those Bestigors will not flee unless the character dies, or you roll really really badly, but even that can be solved by having the BSB hanging around.

It's not redundant, it's just perhaps a bit over the top, but very very reliable.

Hmmm, ok. Looks like I'll be putting together some Ld 9 night goblin lists then.:D