PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Queens host (2200 pts TK)

Dante blackfur
27-02-2011, 21:41
Ok, so I decided to try a TK list, It focuses on High Queen Khalidaneferher. I got a whole army on line, and the book is printed in Spanish, so I translated what I could but I couldn't figure out the heros/BSB So I left it blank, as for the core if its not added correctly please let me know, What I've seen from other players is that it's +1 pt/model for bows.and +2 pts/model for blessing of the Asp.

LORDS:

Khalida 420 pts

HEROES:

uknown yet, BSB ???pts.

CORE:

x20 Skelaton archers w/ blessing of the asp 220 pts

SPECIAL:

x6 Ushabti 390 pts

Total (So Far) 1910 pts (Leaving me 290 pts for BSB +Other stuff)

Let me know what you think? or if you think this list is too Cheesy. :)

thesheriff
27-02-2011, 22:59
I'd suggest some screaming skull catapults instead of one of the archer units.

But that's about it.

Thesheriff

Gooner
28-02-2011, 05:26
Everyone who will play you will end up hating you. I would recommend this as only a hardcore turni list or something.

On a serious note though you need at least 1 catapult and some priests, also a casket of souls is really good as it rapes warmachines etc.

I have a friend who runs a pretty balenced TK list and his shooting still rapes any T3 army. He has major issues with Chaos warriors, my ogrres, and knights like Brets.

Dante blackfur
28-02-2011, 06:05
LORDS:

Khalida 420 pts

HEROES:

uknown yet, BSB ???pts.

CORE:

SPECIAL:

x6 Ushabti 390 pts

RARE:

Screaming Skull Catapult 90 pts
Screaming Skull Catapult 90 pts

Total (So Far) 1870pts (Leaving me 330 pts for BSB +Other stuff)

Oh and yeah I was going to try running it a tourney, so I don't mind if its "Cheesy" When I play at my local store, I run the Skaven Mishaps build. and like I said earlier I'll add Priests/Casket when I get my English version of the book. (Prob Wens) :p

spiderman5z
28-02-2011, 07:57
needs a casket with a golden ankrha and maybe another priest for extra incantations. It doesnt seem like you'll have a whole lot of incantations/boundspells to throw around though so expect to get dispelled alot...

theJ
28-02-2011, 08:01
Remember that you play an undead army. As such, you don't really 'need' a battle standard...

Points better spent on a good priest or two.

Riocard
28-02-2011, 13:33
Skeletons come with bows and Blessing of the Asp is the only thing you need to buy so each skeleton unit is at 200 p only. You need at least a small priest in your army as the priests keep the skeletons together, not the kings/queens.
I recommend Musicians on your archers to be able to do swift reforms. I also recommend more then the one mandatory Priest to be able to do something in the magic phase. One or two bound items like the ruby ring of rhuin help to dominate the magic phase a bit more.

Gooner
01-03-2011, 05:03
Yes add a casket and another priest for sure.

If you can, take some bound items to sink out a few dispel dice.

I dont have the book in front of me, but I cant remember what type of char the Queen is. If she is a combat char then think about swapping out the Ushabati for Tomb guard with the banner of bringing back guys and put her in there. With what points you have left over grab some Ushabati or more archers or use it for another priest if u ran short after the casket.

lord opium
02-03-2011, 00:26
Why don't you try this;

Khalida
Liche priest, cloak of the dunes, ruby ring of ruin; 160
Liche priest, golden ankhra, casket of souls; 325

20 skeletons, blessing of the asp, musician; 205

20 tomb guard, full command, banner of the undying legion; 295

Catapult
Catapult

Demandrer
05-03-2011, 23:08
I dont get what would make this army so dangerous? (in response to saying he would be hated etc?)

Dante blackfur
11-03-2011, 18:08
I dont get what would make this army so dangerous? (in response to saying he would be hated etc?)

that would be 80-100 (depending how I build it) poisoned attacks every turn with a casket of souls for more damage. kinda considered Cheez

thesheriff
11-03-2011, 20:50
plus some will be firing in the magic phase, and will always hit on 5's. Just gonna scrape teh cheese off my computer moniter

Grim Tuesday
11-03-2011, 22:56
If the tournament will be using the standard scenarios, you should probably add some banners into your skeleton archer units to increase your fortitude beyond the 2/3 you will have at the moment.

An Icon bearer is pretty unnecessary compared to a second priest, especially since you will be hoping to kill everything at range anyway. I would also agree that TG are more dependable than Ushabti, and it is easier to regain wound on them - particularly with the additional bound spell banner.

On another note - it might be worthwhile combining two of the archer units to one massive black which Khalida can make shoot twice every turn - with the priests trying to get the smaller units/ catapults to fire in the magic phase.