PDA

View Full Version : Sanguinary guard stormraven?

birdbath
28-02-2011, 14:23
Hi all

Just wondering if anyone has seen or have tried to paint a Sanguinary guard stormraven?

Well basically a gold stormraven so it fits in a Sanguinary guard army.

Cheers,
BB

riotknight
01-03-2011, 02:23
No, but it's my experience than Gold doesn't make the greatest color for large scale models like the Stormraven. I run Dante and Sang Guard, and their Raven is standard Red, and the Death Company ride in one that's black with appropriate red X's and white skulls.

New Cult King
01-03-2011, 04:18
I would do red with gold paneling on the doors and wings etc. to bling it up a bit. Whole gold? Not so much. I'm sure it could be done, it would just be an uber pain :D

Warpcrafter
01-03-2011, 04:35
There are some really good gold spray paints that can be used to apply a smooth, consistent color with little effort. You would need to be really careful painting the details, but it seems like this would be a good way to go.

http://www.krylon.com/products/premium_metallic/

Thud
01-03-2011, 08:36
If you really hate yourself, you should go full tilt and get some NMM action going. :)

birdbath
01-03-2011, 08:59
thanks for the feedback. I think you guys are right, it might look a bit crazy.

thanks for the help.
BB

dragonet111
01-03-2011, 09:30
I'm waiting for Corbulo's personal flying ambulance:)

As the others said a fully golden Stormraven will be a bit too much (like the what they do in the TV show Trick my Truck :)) but a golden and red stormraven will look IMO very good.

Yak
01-03-2011, 09:48
If you really hate yourself, you should go full tilt and get some NMM action going. :)

NMM storm ravens look great, but I'm 30 hours in to mine (grey knights) and it's only about 1/3 done...

Gold actually looks better than silver (IMO) so Weapons engines and insignia are in gold on mine.

It is doable, but lengthy. Ultatelu worth it I feel.