PDA

View Full Version : New Orc list after 1 game

BaSe
28-02-2011, 15:39
After getting destroyed with the new Orc book list using the spider ive altered my list to concentrate on units rather than chracters (and spiders). 3 strong orc units driving up the front with goblins near by. Squigs and pump wagons clearing the enemy down early with savage orcs flanking. What do you think? I think winning will also rely on getting hand of gork, which works so so well.

Lords

Orc Great Shaman
Level 4, Talisman of endurance, Dispel scroll

Heroes

Black Orc Big Boss
BSB, armour of destiny

Orc Big Boss
Enchanted shield

Night goblin shamen

Core

Orc Boyz 30
S/B, Musician, extra weapon

Orc Boyz 30
S/B, Musician, shield

Night goblins 40
Full command, 3 fanatics, spears

Special

Black Orcs 18
Full command, flaming banner

Spear Chukka x2

Savage Orc Boar Boyz
Big uns, extra hand weapon, S/B, musician

Rare

Rock Lobber
Orc Bully

Pump Wagon x2
Spiky roller, Out-rigga

Mangler Squig x2

sssk
28-02-2011, 18:54
First off, I don't think 1 game is enough to warrent an army list change. You just need to get the hang of what your units can and cannot do, also the dice might just not have been your way, or you might have been playing a particularly good opponent.

If you do feel the urge to change your army list, I think I would try and fit in more infantry if you can. Keep those units, but maybe increase the size of the orcs and black orcs up to 40/30 respectively.

I'd probably end up getting the points to do that by dropping a mangler or pump wagon, and the big boss with the enchanted shield (unless you have a cool model, or reason for keeping him there), and personally I would drop the dispel scroll, just because I'm not too keen on them, however most people seem to like them, so if it's to your taste, keep it. I have an inkling that this wouldn't garner enough points, so maybe keep the black orcs as they are, but try not to get them charged.