PDA

View Full Version : Counts as Core?

Dante blackfur
28-02-2011, 17:31
Ok, So My first question is mainly directed at Witch elves and the watchtower scenario, If I take the queen of hags she makes all Witch elves "Count as Core" choices. so following this rule would I be able to deploy a unit of witch Elves in the watchtower according to the rules of the watchtower scenario at the start of the game? (Assuming I go first) also does the same apply to Throt the Unclean, from skaven making Rat Ogres a core choice? same with Plague Monks and any other lord taht makes "SPecial choices" "Core".

My second question is if the answer to the first question is yes, then how many Rat Ogres could I initially deploy in the watchtower? and how many would attack in a "assault party"?

Thx for the help. :)

Scalebug
28-02-2011, 18:55
They become for all purposes a core unit (same with things like one Flagellant unit if you have a Priest in an Empire army) and so can start in the Tower if they are 20 models or less. Them being bigger does not matter, the "20 models" limit aply equally to 20 gnoblars or 20 Ogres.

But when it comes to fighting, Monstrous infantry counts as 3 models for being in a building assault, so 3 Rat-Ogres and one handler, I guess (unless there is something special on when the handlers are allowed to involve themselves, don't have a skaven book in front of me).

Dante blackfur
28-02-2011, 19:18
kk thx for the response I thought It was ruled lke that but wanted to double check, Also, 20 "Models" :shifty: may be a little bending rules but heheheh I like it :evilgrin: 20 Rat Ogres in a watchtower, good luck getting that out. :evilgrin:

shelfunit.
28-02-2011, 21:59
kk thx for the response I thought It was ruled lke that but wanted to double check, Also, 20 "Models" :shifty: may be a little bending rules but heheheh I like it :evilgrin: 20 Rat Ogres in a watchtower, good luck getting that out. :evilgrin:

Core "infantry" models - sadly core or not, rat ogres are monstrous infantry and thus can't be in the watchtower to begon with - sorry.

Dante blackfur
28-02-2011, 22:14
Core "infantry" models - sadly core or not, rat ogres are monstrous infantry and thus can't be in the watchtower to begon with - sorry.

Ehhh it was fun planning while it lasted. :) :angel:

BlackPawl
01-03-2011, 09:42
The rules said 20 models from core. They don't say that it has to be infantry - it can't be cavalry because they are not allowed to go into buildings, but there is no restriction that it has to be normal infantry. OK can put 20 Ogres into the watchtower.

I have to play a watchtower szenario with my skaven agaisnt empire in the near future and even if I take Skrotz I would not put Rat Ogres into the watchtower. They have 13 S5 attacks, but if they get attacked by flaggelants the flaggies would have 21 attacks S3 attacks (with rerolls). Even Ini 4 would not help.
Nightrunners are better (and cheaper) and to assault a building I would take Plague monks or plague censer bearer.

shelfunit.
01-03-2011, 12:15
The rules said 20 models from core. They don't say that it has to be infantry

Hmmm. My rule book says...

"Roll off to see who controls the watchtower at the start of the battle. The player that controls the tower may deploy a single Core infantry unit of no more than 20 models in the tower if they wish to do so."

So, yes, they do have to be infantry. Note - in later turns you can have rat ogres garrison, just not intitially.

I have to play a watchtower szenario with my skaven agaisnt empire in the near future and even if I take Skrotz I would not put Rat Ogres into the watchtower. They have 13 S5 attacks, but if they get attacked by flaggelants the flaggies would have 21 attacks S3 attacks (with rerolls). Even Ini 4 would not help.

What are you taking about? Only 10 models can attack a building at any one time - flagellents would ony be able to direct a maximum of 11 attacks at you. When you strike from the building, only 3 rat ogres would be able to attack (with 1 pack master) so you would have a maximum of 15 attacks back 13 from the rat ogres (including a masterbred ogre) and up to 2 attacks from the pack master (if a master moulder).

the_slosh
01-03-2011, 12:27
Yep, watchtower sucks for Ogres for example (Yay 20 Gnoblars GO!)