PDA

View Full Version : Imperial Guard army Ideas

Lord Gabranth
28-02-2011, 16:59
Hi, Im building an Imperial Guard/Iquisition army and Im wanting to do penial legion as two of my troops choices but i cant find any models to do them up in, does anyone have any suggestion on what to use?

Erwos
28-02-2011, 17:21
Necromunda models?

Marus
28-02-2011, 17:23
Pieces of Catachans might be good, too. Especially their heads and arms.

Lord Gabranth
28-02-2011, 17:28
I thought about necromunda but the models are so damn expensive and i would have to get 3 boxes of them to make 2 ten man squads, and i forgot about catachans, they should work. Just got to make them look like they have been up state awhile lol

Inquisitor Kallus
28-02-2011, 17:33
Good call Marus. I also recommend using heads and other pieces from either of the Plastic command boxes (Cadians and Catachan) as they have some cool components to give your squad a bit more personality. I would then look at the Warhammer Fantasy Chaos Marauder box set for other bits. It depends what kind of look you're going for, and your budget. There is a wealth of options out there

Lord Gabranth
28-02-2011, 17:44
Wow, that is a good idea. I had actually thought of using a regular guardsman in the squad as a sgt just to kinda show that they are still being held under restraint. And i have a buddy with leftover maruder bitz so i can have bearded prisoners. And i really want to thank everyone for their input, i really appreciate it

Inquisitor Kallus
28-02-2011, 17:56
No problem. I used to work at GW and have a fairly extensive knowledge of sprues, bits etc. Another idea would be to have a look at the GW website and look at certain 'core/troop' boxes as they usually have sprue pictures too.

_dwarf_
28-02-2011, 18:08
Empire flagellants also work really well along with normal cadian or catachan bitz :)

Hope that helps!

Inquisitor Kallus
28-02-2011, 18:21
Empire flagellants also work really well along with normal cadian or catachan bitz :)

Hope that helps!

Youre right there. Theyll give them a very unkempt look which should look pretty awesome