PDA

View Full Version : Temple Guard posing as Saurus Warriors

Slaarg
02-03-2011, 01:13
I own a unit of 20 temple guard which may not be seeing the table top as such. I was curious what peoples opinions would be on using temple guard as saurus warriors with hand weapon and shield, all the other Saurus units in my army are using spears with shield so I figured the hw/shield unit would only stand out more as TG and would use some otherwise dust-gathering models.

Also for any tournament regulars, would this be allowed in many tournaments or are temple guard too far removed from regular saurus. Thanks in advance for any replies.

UberBeast
02-03-2011, 01:39
I'm always a little hesitant about people using one GW model to represent another GW model, especially when we're talking models in the same current range. I'd let you do this in a friendly game, but I think you'd find it a little confusing for players who were aiming at a more competitive environment. It would be kind of unfair for someone to forget that the unit wasn't elite and avoid it or send it more attention than it was worth.

Shimmergloom
02-03-2011, 02:20
If your memory is good enough to play warhammer and remember its rules, then your memory is good enough to remember that those temple guard are saurus warriors.

It's only if you say they are saurus warriors and then later claim they are temple guard that there is a problem.

As long as you don't do that you could put plastic army men down on the table and as long as the are the right base size or close enough to it, then who cares?

Gork or Possibly Mork
02-03-2011, 04:55
If your memory is good enough to play warhammer and remember its rules, then your memory is good enough to remember that those temple guard are saurus warriors.

It's only if you say they are saurus warriors and then later claim they are temple guard that there is a problem.

As long as you don't do that you could put plastic army men down on the table and as long as the are the right base size or close enough to it, then who cares?

Exactly. As long as your opponent knows what they represent i don't see a problem. As for tournaments depends on how uptight they are so ask first.

Gekiganger
02-03-2011, 05:05
If you point out what they are before the game starts, I'd have no objection.

giant stegadon
02-03-2011, 05:24
Also, if your'e worried about someone hurting their brain just use Saurus for the first rank in the TG unit or mix regular saurus into it. That should take care of any confusion.

Jetty Smurf
02-03-2011, 05:40
Also, if your'e worried about someone hurting their brain just use Saurus for the first rank in the TG unit or mix regular saurus into it. That should take care of any confusion.

This is what I would recommend (if you have the models for it).

Otherwise, just make it very obvious whenever you get a chance (but not to the point of being annoying) that the unit is what it is.

Leogun_91
02-03-2011, 06:05
If your memory is good enough to play warhammer and remember its rules, then your memory is good enough to remember that those temple guard are saurus warriors.You don't need a bad memory to forget that kind of thing though. I'm quite abscent-minded and could see myself doing such a mistake, my memory on the other hand I have no problem with.

That being said though I would allow it without hesitation and any such mistake would be my own fault.

Korraz
02-03-2011, 10:04
Mix them into the regular Saurus Warriors, somwhere in the middle ranks. The spare Saurus' make the extra unit.
Nobody is going to notice. Ever.

Col. Frost
02-03-2011, 12:50
I used the 10 TG that i got with the Battalion box as my saurus command groups and a Scar Vet on foot. This made my command groups that little more imposing and made it even easier to distinguish a champion from normal R&F.

If this would mean to much work, then slip them into the middle of units as others have suggested.

reese3697
02-03-2011, 23:00
Sometimes I use my Hammerer unit as Dwarf Warriors with great weapons... never had any issues (even in RTT's) and don't think you should have any problems

logan054
02-03-2011, 23:50
Remember the rules, madness! I just make it up as i go along!

drear
03-03-2011, 13:29
model up the temple guard banner bearer to say ' we're saurus' , problem solved!

N810
03-03-2011, 13:44
Or a small piece of paper saying [SAURUS WARIORS] placed in front of the forst rank would clear up any confusion.

Lord Crag
06-03-2011, 06:59
As long as you represent it clearly its ok on frenyl games, if you have different weapons, many other TGs lying around and add to the confusion, I will eat u alive.

Cragum
06-03-2011, 23:54
if your still having a situation with your temple guard I could advise selling them to me as i really could do with some right now :D