PDA

View Full Version : How many Stormvermin should I build?

Nate668
02-03-2011, 18:25
Alright, so I bought two boxes of stormvermin with the original plan of putting 36 together and using the rest to convert a warlord on warlitter. However, I think Queek is really cool and in larger games I'd like to field him with a horde of his upgraded stormvermin. I can't have both options available without buying another box, and that isn't gonna happen.

SO.

What are your opinions on what I should build? Should I go with 36 stormvermin and a warlord on warlitter, or go with 39 stormvermin and Queek? I figure for games in which special characters aren't allowed I could replace Queek with either a cheiftain with a halberd to save points or a warlord with that crazy 100pt sword that makes him attack at S10 and cause D6 wounds.

tarkin1980
02-03-2011, 20:23
I made 36 and a war-litter. Haven't used the war-litter yet, though. I never play vs an army where look out sir is that important so I usually take a bonebreaker instead but it's nice vs empire etc. I'm probably going to buy another box of stormvermin because I often field a horde of 50 and don't like to proxy. It all depends on the opposition. Stormvermin are a great way to field the all important flaming banner.

tarrym
02-03-2011, 20:34
Personally I'd go for 36 stormvermin and the warlitter - as I think you'd use that more often.

An alternative suggestion though....make up a unit that is 39 strong, but only using 36 models. You can achieve this with unit fillers and mini-diaoramas. That way you can field your unit with either character.

Bazzal
02-03-2011, 20:40
depending how you build your war litter you could use the 4 stormvermin as a unit filler. my litter has 3 parts the 4 stormvermin on 40mm base, chaos chariot base then magnetised warlord so i can still use him on foot if in smaller games

Emissary
03-03-2011, 20:06
I'd go with 39 myself. As for the warlitter, I'll echo that the bonebreaker is better. If you're worrying about a cannonshot or something, just give the guy a charmed shield and it will negate the first hit most of the time. Otherwise, risk is just another part of the skaven playstyle. For the points the bonebreaker is just a beast. It can't be killed separately, has better stats and the stomp attack. I just love that thing.

Bob the Butcher
04-03-2011, 01:47
Try the Storm Vermin 6 or 7 wide for the extra attacks, I would go 40 plus characters.

I am thinking Skaven Brew or casting Death Frenzy on the Storm Vermin and maybe the Razor Banner.