PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Queek List v DE

shadow hunter
03-03-2011, 09:33
Right, my opponent has finally got enough models to be able to create a Dark Elf army. He wants a game to see what he should be buying (i.e. whats good and whats not).

I thought I'd get my Skaven out again, as I've been trying to paint the IoB models. I love the storm vermin models, and love the idea of Squeek and an elite guard. So out goes my new furnace (which I've only used once) to make way for the stormvermin.

Here is my prelimanry list for you to dissect (attached pdf) I think it needs tweaking. At the moment I cant decide on the ratogres. I included them as I've almost finished painting them.

As for what I'm facing. I dont really know. I do know he's bought 2 bolt throwers, 5 cold one riders, and I think he already had some Corsairs. I also know he wanted some great weapon warriors, but dont know the name/rules.

Edited to add list into post

Queek Headtaker
Warlord Halberd; Rival Hide Talisman
Warlock Engineer Warpmusket; Opal Amulet; Level 2; condensor
Chieftain (B SB) Great Weapon; Storm Banner
Chieftain Extra Hand Weapon

Clanrats 40 FC shield, RG
Clanrats 40 FC shield, WFT
Stormvermin 30 FC Banner under empire, PWM
Slaves 20

Ratogres 2 + master moulder, shock prod
Gutter Runners 5 + poison

Doomweel

tmarichards
03-03-2011, 14:02
An attached PDF will be hard for a lot of people to access at work, and will also cut down the number of replies. Typing it out might be a pain, but you'll get more feedback on it.

Stormvermin with the flaming banner will make fairly short work of the inevitable hydra.

Be prepared for a strong magic phase, read over Lore of Shadow as there's a good chance you'll face that.

A Warp Lightning Cannon will knock chunks out of any elite infantry blocks.

shadow hunter
03-03-2011, 14:19
Thanks for the advice. I am pretty sure he hasn't bought a Hydra. In fact I just remembered, I think he bought a Dark Pegasus or something like that.

He doesn't visit the web forums, so has no idea what is good, over the top, rubbish etc. And he's not a powergamer. Both of us like a nice 'feel' or 'look' to the army.

I have no idea about dark elves though, but he has an idea about Skaven. In fact I emailed him my list this morning for him to look at. So he knows what he's up against.

I think he'll go for a scorcereress on mount, wyches and warriors with great weapons. Backed up by cold ones and bolt throwers.

I hope he doesn't take a Hydra !!!

shadow hunter
03-03-2011, 14:43
He's just emailed me his list;

LORD dreadlord 1 sheild, hev armour, great wep, sea dragon cloake

HERO shadow blade 1

WIZARD supreame sorceress morathi 1 level 4 dark pegasus mount

CORE assasin

CORE crossbow warriors 10 banner + champ + musicion crossbows hatred

CORE warriors 8 20 banner + champ + musicion shields hatred

CORE corsairs 20 banner + champ + musicion

SPECIAL executioners 15 banner + champ + musicion tullaris

SPECIAL cold one riders 5 banner + champ + musicion

RARE reaper bolt thrower 2

shadow hunter
03-03-2011, 15:11
After seeing his list I'm thinking the following.

Taking out the stormbanner. I've never used it anyway, and I'd prefer to spend 50pts on more stuff.

I questioned him on the amount of Lords, to make sure he's chosen correct (500pts for 25%)

Maybe add in some more Rat OGres, or maybe add a WLC.

tmarichards
03-03-2011, 15:12
That list won't give you any problems. The Stormvermin will take the Executioners off in 2 phases, especially if you give them the Razor Standard.

One thing to be aware of, he's not allowed to put any of the characters other than Shadowblade in the Executioners because of the Khainite special rule.

shadow hunter
03-03-2011, 15:20
That list won't give you any problems. The Stormvermin will take the Executioners off in 2 phases, especially if you give them the Razor Standard.

One thing to be aware of, he's not allowed to put any of the characters other than Shadowblade in the Executioners because of the Khainite special rule.

Thanks, I'll mention that to him as he may not know. He's only just bought the book and models.

Is my list ok? By that i mean not too nasty? I want it to be fun afterall (which is why i'm dropping the stormbanner.)

shadow hunter
03-03-2011, 15:22
He's just emailed to say shadowblade isn't in. It was a rough list he's doing while at work, and cant concentrate as he keeps getting interrupted by his boss, lol.

Talking of which....

tmarichards
03-03-2011, 15:29
Nah your list looks fine. His is illegal though, Morathi is 455 and a Dreadlord is 140 basic so he's going to need to fix that...