PDA

View Full Version : New 2250 O&G army

Tedurur
03-03-2011, 19:00
After some tweaking I have come up with this list and now Im looking for some experienced players to poke holes or approve of this list :)

Cheers!

Lord: 255
Savage Orc Great Shaman (Shrunken Head, Fencers Blades)

Hero: 439
Savage Orc Big Boss (BSB, Armour of Silvered Steel, Luckstone, Two handed Weapon)

Orc Big Boss (Enchanted Shield, Biting Blade, IronCurse Icon)

NG Shaman (Lvl 2, Dispel Scroll)

NG Shaman (Sivijers Hex Scroll)

Core: 798
39xNG (2xFanatics, S&M, Netters)

28xSavage Orc Big Uns (Full Command, Extra Choppa)

28xBoyz (Shields,S&M)

Special: 395
Boar Chariot

2xGoblin Chariot

6xTrolls

Rare: 370
Archnorok

Doom Diver

Jind_Singh
03-03-2011, 19:15
Fairly decent - not bad, not much to tweak either - the units are a good size, there are of course 2 point sinks in the Big Uns and big spider but they are both cool units (surprised you haven't got the big spear upgrade on the savage orcs - that's amazing!).

Fairly straight forward list with 3 main blocks, good support from chariots & Trolls, but hard to make constructive comments - this list is actually ready for a field test.

My only concern is lack of a level 4 shaman - I find that the extra bonus to cast/dispel really helps out, but then again that was before the era of 8th Ed 'Magic Mushrooms' so I can't say right now without playing games myself with the new book

Do find some points for the spear team upgrade for the savages though!

sssk
03-03-2011, 21:10
I think I agree with jind on the whole. it seems ready for the field of battle. I think it's worth trying out multiple mini shamen in the world of the magic mushroom. could be a whole new dynamic.

Personally I would suggest trying to make your orc units slightly bigger. I'm a fan of 40-50 man units of anything at the moment.

On a side note to Jind, I just bought myself a giant so I can give it a proper test to see if you were right all along....

castlesmadeofsand
03-03-2011, 21:28
umm, presumably both savage orc characters are going in the one unit? that makes it one hell of a target, its going to get shreded by magic and/or shooting.

don't think the orc BB does much, would drop for the lv4 upgrade on savage shamen, then split the sav orc characters between your two orc units. personally i'd also drop the goblin chariots for a rock lobba and bump in the size of both orc units. the lobba pretty much only has to hit once to do more damage than those chariots are likely to do (realistically they'll just die/run away once in combat).

Tedurur
04-03-2011, 16:46
Thanks for the comments!
I realise that the squads might be a little to close to small but I really wanna try the big spider so I dont know what I would drop to find the 180pts needed to take 40 man units. But I guess Ill have to play test and see. I could always drop the spider or the NG shaman with the Hex scroll and the boar chariot, tough choice :)

@castlemadeofsand I really dont see how dropping the BSB could be a good idea?! With Ld8 I really need the rerolls. 2d6 str5 impact hits that counts towards combat resolution is alot better than a lobba imo, a lobba will have good targets for maybe 2 turns.

castlesmadeofsand
04-03-2011, 17:57
not the Savage orc BsB, the regular orc BB.

Tedurur
04-03-2011, 18:19
oh, I see :)