PDA

View Full Version : A few new OnG Questions

Nighthawke
04-03-2011, 20:54
ok so lookingat the new book me and my friends came up with some questions

1. Can a Savage orc Big/War Boss take magic armour, i belive he can but they say as he cant take any regular armour he cant take magic armour, when i say is dosnt say he cant they through the fact it also dosnt say you cant charge an enemy our of charge range in my face :/

2. The new spider flinger says that its effect ends at the end of "its" next turn, now does this refer to the spiders next turn or the unit that has been hit next turn seeing as half of the people at the store are reading it one way and the others the other way :P

3. And finally for now, the Armour of Gork says you roll for the toughness the first time you get hit that turn and ends at the end of the turn. Does this mean player or game turn?

thanks in advance :)

AMWOOD co
04-03-2011, 21:08
ok so lookingat the new book me and my friends came up with some questions

1. Can a Savage orc Big/War Boss take magic armour, i belive he can but they say as he cant take any regular armour he cant take magic armour, when i say is dosnt say he cant they through the fact it also dosnt say you cant charge an enemy our of charge range in my face :/

2. The new spider flinger says that its effect ends at the end of "its" next turn, now does this refer to the spiders next turn or the unit that has been hit next turn seeing as half of the people at the store are reading it one way and the others the other way :P

3. And finally for now, the Armour of Gork says you roll for the toughness the first time you get hit that turn and ends at the end of the turn. Does this mean player or game turn?

Okay, here we go.
1. The rule about needing armour to take magic armour only applies to wizards (ie. Shamans) now. Your Savage Orc Big Bosses and Warbosses may certainly take magic armour. Go metal plated barbarians!

2. Brushing up on my English skills, the subject of the sentence in question is unit. Therefore, it lasts until the end of the victims next turn. Be careful not to hit your own guys.

3. I would assume player turn. When something says 'until the end of the turn' it means 'when the current player finishes his turn'. This applies to the armour in question and the many potions in the rulebook.

TMATK
04-03-2011, 22:24

p12 of the BRB - 'turn' means 'player turn'.

Mr_Rose
04-03-2011, 22:31
Concur with AMWOOD, for what it's worth.

Particularly #1; savage orc warbosses can get pretty scary when they do D6 S6 impact hits before unloading a further 5 regular S6 attacks...