PDA

View Full Version : 2500 Lizards Horde

kaintxu
05-03-2011, 19:53
So playing with my daemon and my BL horde, or with VC and a guard horda I just came to think, how could a TG horde work, so I tailored the following list.

- Slann, life or light whole lore, cupper hands, extra dice, and discard enemy 6's
- Skink with scroll.

- 30 Saurus full comand.
- 24 saurus full comand.

- 36 TG, full coomand, fire attack standar, champion with dragon helm.
- 8 chameleon with champion
- 8 chameleon with champion
- Stegadon

- 2 Salamanders.
- 1 Salamander.

So do you guys think this would work and be tough?

thesheriff
05-03-2011, 21:31
If I was you I would be thinking 'why do I always do horde armies'. Which usually translates into, 'why am I such a spawny c*nt' :p

Just kidding. I have horde addiction too.

But with the list, I would use lore of light for Ws, I10 spells that aregood on saurus hordes.

Thesheriff

kaintxu
05-03-2011, 21:43
I just started to use hordes, 1 game with 40 letters and 2 with 40 GG.

My lizard list use to have 20 TG, 20 saurus, and 24 saurus, not that many, and I just found that tough horde unitss wich it well seem good

WarmbloodedLizard
05-03-2011, 21:47
1. make sure that the slann is somewhere on the edge of the unit so you don't lose attacks because of it.

2. if somehow possible (i.e. dropping 2x2 chams + stalkers + TG champ) get a second salamander for the 2nd unit)

3. you might wanna up the number of one of the saurus units to make a second horde. and drop the other one. with the remaing points, I'd get 2-3 units of skirmishers.

4. slann is BSB i assume? give him std of discipline

5. a single stegadon is really just a waste of points. get 2 or take something else.

6. I think shadow or heavens might be a better choice than light, as they offer things you lack. (life is of course always the best choice, but oh so boring^^)

kaintxu
06-03-2011, 01:35
Well life i know it great but with a horde or two light takes off ur deficiencies giving u WS10 I10 ASF or -1 to be hit plus movement 10 being the slan such a great caster you can try them on AoE which will Work out great

Vsurma
06-03-2011, 17:13
I highly suggest anyone who hasn't given shadow a go to do so.

Especially if you play in such a competetive invironment that would allow you to take 6 salamanders,

I have played games where my skinks and salamanders alone killed the entire enemy army.

WarmbloodedLizard
06-03-2011, 19:12
yes, shadow is easily the best lore after life, against certain armies it's even better.

kaintxu
07-03-2011, 02:08
Yep I can run 6 salamanders with no problem.

Could you explain why shadow is so good with salamanders and skinks running around?

Thanks

xNytmare
09-03-2011, 13:22
Shadow has a spell, 'withering' i think, to reduce an enemy unit's toughness by D3. This makes the salamanders S3 flame all the more deadly. Doesn't do so much for skinks as far as i can tell. They pretty much still always hit on 6's for poison damage anyways. But I guess they fit nicely with a close range shooting oriented list.

tmarichards
09-03-2011, 14:05
Chameleons aren't that much better than the same number of points of ordinary skinks.

I'd also drop one of the blocks for a Scar-Vet with the burning blade to go in the saurus block, and then a load more skink skirmishers.

thesheriff
09-03-2011, 14:53
Chameleons aren't that much better than the same number of points of ordinary skinks.

Are you kidding?

For 4 pts more than a skink with Javelin+shield, i can have an aditional -1 to hit, and an extra bs. Now, once, youve moved, long range, multi shot, your on 7's on bs3. But its still 6's on bs 4. Which means you can still poisen.

And i know you can still single shot. But then there pretty ineffective. with that modifer, combined with the -1 to shoot rule, and the scout for warmachine hunting, means that they are DEFINATLY better than normal skinks. I would always take 2 units of 8-10 in a 2k army.

tmarichards
09-03-2011, 15:17
Their main problem is that they die so easily. They're very very easy to deal with, and in a lot of match-ups they're just easy points.

I perhaps didn't make it clear, I meant skink skirmishers with blowpipes. They'll do the same job just as well most of the time and you'll have more of them.

thesheriff
09-03-2011, 15:39
But for an extra point, you get quick to fire and parry. And your single shooting most of the time because then you get poison.

tmarichards
09-03-2011, 18:29
Agree to disagree then, that'll stop the sidetracking :)

thesheriff
09-03-2011, 18:49
Good call :p. everybody likes a good debate/argument slightly too much....

tmarichards
10-03-2011, 11:48
No they don't!