PDA

View Full Version : IG names

Lord Gabranth
09-03-2011, 16:09
I have been working on my IG for some time now and Im having trouble coming up with a name for my force. Im running with blood red and boltgun and Im thinking about running them off of the planet Moltova. Any ideas are welcome because I have always had trouble coming up with names

Joeyoc
09-03-2011, 16:18
Moltova Devils
The Emperors Spear
Moltova XXVI STRAW (Special Tactics and Recon, Armoured Warfare)

ColShaw
09-03-2011, 16:34
Moltova First Blood
Sons of Moltova
Moltovan XVI (or whatever number) "Red Death"

Lord Gabranth
09-03-2011, 16:54
Hey thanks!!!! I really appreciate the Ideas

shadowhawk2008
09-03-2011, 17:13
What about Moltovan Praetorians? Moltovan Marauders?

Moltovan Marauders?

I like that!:cool:

Dead7
09-03-2011, 18:56
Moltovan Lava Dogs

shadowhawk2008
09-03-2011, 19:04
Just take a moment and try to come up with some background for your force. What world they come from. What type of world. Atmospheric conditions. Geological conditions. Location - sector/segmentum. Location - how far from the nearest busy space lanes. Location - neighbours. What kind of civilian structure. All sorts of stuff.

Lord Gabranth
09-03-2011, 19:12
I have alot of trouble trying to come up with that kind of stuff, I always think that what I will use as fluff for my armies will be lame, thus making it harder to come up with names, so this time Im just gonna start with a name and go from there making the fluff

shadowhawk2008
09-03-2011, 19:18
A good trick - don't think, just write it. It's YOUR fluff so whatever you write will be good. It's not like you have to defend it like a doctorate thesis :)

One thing I do to come up with names. I take down names of random things like Excalibur, Secret Sword, Mecha, Eurasian, Severus, Moldavia, Acheron. Then I twist the spellings around or add descriptors or whatever. Suddenly Severus Snape is now Captain Severius Saenap of the Doom Eagles. Or how about the Eurasur Crusade of Lord Commander Eacilix Eurasur.

Lord Gabranth
09-03-2011, 19:26
Wow I never thought of doing it like that, and just by your examples it seems to work pretty darn well. And I do defend my armies (no matter how many times I lose with them) like they are a doctorate thesis. I would hate to make my armies fluff only to go to a tournament and see it already being done or to later pick up a BL book or a copy of WD and see cannon fluff on an area of the Imperium that I decided to do as non cannon fluff. I cant paint guardsmen pink and still call them Cadians, you know what I mean?

EDIT: I also want to thank eveyone here too for all the help and advice and Im glad that I can post here without being persecuted

chromedog
09-03-2011, 21:48
Mine are named for the city I live in.
And are simply referred to as the "Colonial Militia".

'Course, they are 'praetorians', so it's fitting this way.

Nova Castria 99th Colonial Militia.
Nova Castria is a mining world (Newcastle, OZ used to be a Steel town, now it's just a mining hub). They mine the rare Unobtainium and Handwavium and ship it to the Emperor's forge worlds where they turn them into Adamantium and Plot armour.

No, I don't take it seriously.

Lord Gabranth
09-03-2011, 22:51
Mine are named for the city I live in.
And are simply referred to as the "Colonial Militia".

'Course, they are 'praetorians', so it's fitting this way.

Nova Castria 99th Colonial Militia.
Nova Castria is a mining world (Newcastle, OZ used to be a Steel town, now it's just a mining hub). They mine the rare Unobtainium and Handwavium and ship it to the Emperor's forge worlds where they turn them into Adamantium and Plot armour.

No, I don't take it seriously.

And to me it sounds awesome, I just lack the ability to create fluff like that