PDA

View Full Version : (Yet another) 2000pts OnG

NinjaSmurf
10-03-2011, 06:50
Hi all,

This will be my first Fantasy army so im hoping for loads of constructive criticism. Ive gone for a mix of different units, some new models and some old ones. Here goes..

Lords
Night Goblin Great Shaman Level 4 Wizard, Talisman of Preservation, Trickster's Shard - 245

Heroes
Savage Orc Shaman, Level 2 Wizard, Lucky Shrunken Head - 155
Night Goblin Big Boss Battle Standard Bearer with The Bad Moon Banner, Light Armour, Shield - 109
Night Goblin Big Boss Sword of Striking, Light Armour, Enchanted Shield, Potion of Strength, Great Cave Squig - 122

Core
24x Savage Orcs Full Command, Additional Hand Weapons, Big Stabbas, Big Un's - 319
48x Night Goblins Full Command, Spears, Netters, 3 Fanatics - 294
10x Forest Goblin Spider Riders Musician, Short Bows - 150

Special
10x Night Goblin Squig Hoppers - 120
Night Goblin Squig Herd (8 herders, 12 squigs) - 120

Rare
Doom Diver Catapult - 80
6 River Trolls - 270

Total - 1984pts

Planning to run the General and BSB in the NG block, SO Shaman in the SO's, and the Squig Big Boss goes with the other hoppers. The big block go down the middle with squig herd and trolls flanking either side to add some hitting power. Hoppers and spiders to harass whatever they need to.

Hoping for some overall improvements or better ways to spend points, also have a few points left over so suggestions would be fantastic.

Thanks in advance!

Dark Aly
10-03-2011, 10:47
A Ld of 6 on your general will be problematic, the Savage orc shaman has a higher Ld (I can't remember if you have to choose to character with the highest Ld as your general in 8th).

I'd also loose most of the magic items from the squig hpper big boss and unless you have a plan then the bad moon banner is probably worthless- a 4+ ward would be much better.

Use the points from dropping the big bosses magic items to get more savage orcs.

The biggest problem you will have is leadership. if the great shaman is your general then even with a re-roll from the BSB your trolls will do little due to stupidity. I think you've fallen into the common trap of 'toys before boys' (I do it myself fairly often) and could do with reducing the amount spent on characters to make your big uns more survivable.

Some people will also say squig hoppers aren't worth it, but I like the crazy fellas and they are very good at destroying fleeing units so you get the full VP's.

patchy
10-03-2011, 12:50
i think 2 infantry blocks that get ranks etc is a bit low for 2k, think needs a bit of buffing up. you have too few units that can absorb attacks but quite a lot that can deal. need to balanace this out with a average int of 2