Lvl 2 Wizard
Lvl 2 Wizard
20 Greatswords w/ 10 Swordsmen, Full Command
35 Spearmen w/ 15 Free Company, Full Command
21 Halberds, Full Command
12 Handgunners with Hochland Rifle, Musician
Cannon
Mortar

--The Priest goes, generally, with the Greatswords. This build he isn`t killing a ton but is definitely staying alive
--The BSB is the build I ALWAYS do. My pet baby I guess
--Not sure on more lores 100% yet. We get set in per point level/month. I tried this list last night against the new Gobbos and used Metal and Shadows. It shockingly worked really well. Buffed my guys, hexed his. Plus I assume lots of dwarves and chaos warriors will be in the league. Metal can also generally deal with hydras and aboms, no? My one trickie idea is to put the Shadow guy in the Halberds and if they end up in combat and the GS are safe enough, switch the priest into them.
--I am using Spearmen as a holding block. I find the Free Company in this edition to be a great flanker. They got lots of attacks with few back on them.
--I should have enough banners for that mission I think
--Artillery is self explanatory
--Handgunners are what I have built. I guess I don't actually NEED the hochland and could just paint up another model to replace him. If I dropped him I could raise the Halberds up to 26 guys.

So, without going toooooo wildly off the list, any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

ftayl5
13-03-2011, 00:14
--I am using Spearmen as a holding block. I find the Free Company in this edition to be a great flanker. They got lots of attacks with few back on them.

I wouldn't advise this. Spearmen die in droves and then hit back with lots of attacks that miss and fail to wound. Halberds are much better unless you're fighting something with Toughness 1 and no armour. I would swap this unit for 35 Halberds with the Free Company, I guarantee that this unit will do better than a spearmen one.

--Handgunners are what I have built. I guess I don't actually NEED the hochland and could just paint up another model to replace him. If I dropped him I could raise the Halberds up to 26 guys.

This is up to you I guess. But I think most of the time, an extra rank of Halberdiers will help more than the Rifle, especially as you only have 1.

My 2c.

Walls
13-03-2011, 21:53
I played a 2500pt game, incorporating some, most, of this 1500 and realized some glaring needs.

My Arch lector got Dweller'd first turn before I even got a turn. Killed him and about 25 swordsmen he was with. So, for him... the Crimson Amulet. Also, I added a Dispel Scroll since Dwellers wasn't even IC'd.

I also noticed I couldn't weaken guys enough before they got to me. Added a bit more shooting in the form of a second unit of gunners, as a detachment (won't panic guys that way)

So with that said, a slightly altered list
Arch Lector w/ Great Weapon, Armor of Meteoric Iron, Potion of Speed (had 5 pts left, so why not)
BSB with Sword of Striking, Full Plate, Enchanted Shield, Ironcurse Icon
Lvl 2 Metal w/ Dispel Scroll
Lvl 2 Beast w/ Rod of Power
36 Swordsmen, full comman to hold the line. Work better then either spearmen or halberds as an anvil
--10 Handgunner detachment (or maybe 2 5 man's to shoot at things like Fanatics (probably 3 O&G armies in this esco league)
24 Halberds w/ Musician, Standard
10 Handgunners w/ Musician
20 Greatswords (Arch Lector or BSB here) with full command
Cannon
Mortar

Wazdak
14-03-2011, 10:29
I'm not an Empire player so can't really comment, but is the potion of speed a bonus to initiative? If so it's a bit pointless on your Arch lector as he has a great weapon and so has ASL. You'd be better spending the 5 points elsewhere...

Walls
14-03-2011, 17:49
Oh... duh. LOL. My bad. Easy enough to switch. I'll just buy another statetrooper.