PDA

View Full Version : Dark Elf list

Archangel189
11-03-2011, 05:24
Here is a list I have been toying with, Nothing permanent just yet. Let me know what you think. This is a 2500 point list. I wanted a Khainite theme.

General
Crone Hellebron

Heroes
Sorceress, LVL 2, not sure on lore, possibly Shadow
Tome of Furion

Death Hag
Cauldron

Death Hag
BSB
Standard of Hag Graef
Gift: Touch of Khaine
Located in Executioner unit

Core
Crossbowmen x30 in 3 units of 10

Witch Elves x15
Full command
Banner of Murder
Gift: Witch Brew

Witch Elves x15
Full command
War Banner

Dark Riders x5
Reapeater crossbows

Special
Har Ganeth Executioners x14
Muscician
Tullaris

Cold one Knights x5
Fullcommand
Standard of Slaughter

Rare
RBTs x2

With Helebron, witch elves are core and I might be removing the RBTs and putting in the War Hydra.

tmarichards
11-03-2011, 09:03
Swapping the Reapers for a hydra is a good start.

Tullaris doesn't do enough to get his points back, a standard champion will be just as well.

I'd also like to see those blocks get a bit bigger... all of them. At the moment, any army that slightly favours shooting will pretty much remove a block a turn. 40 Witches is a good start for each unit. 30 Executioners will also do nicely.

You also don't really need the Dark Riders, they'll rapidly run out of stuff to shoot once you get into combat. A unit of harpies is also good for war machine hunting.

Crone Hellebron... if you want to go for a themed list you of course have to take her, but bear in mind none of the DE special characters are all that good.

The knights won't really add much given that you have Executioners with the ASF banner, I'd drop them to flesh out the infantry blocks.

A level 2 with Lore of Shadow is not something I'm very keen on, Shadow is a very selective lore (it's pretty easy, even with a level 4, to end up with spells that are rubbish), and the casting values are also very high. A scroll should definitely go on her, and posibly even drop her down to a level 1- she won't get very many spells off as a level 2 as it is.

Another anti-magic option is a Master on a Dark Peg with full mundane armour, the Cloak of Hag Graef and the Ring of Hotek. Landing him behind your opponents army will either stop him casting, make him miscast, or force him to mover out of the 12" bubble towards you army. Regardless of which option he chooses, it's good for you.

Archangel189
12-03-2011, 03:38
I have made some revisions.

Lord
Crone Hellebron

Heroes
Sorceress, LVL 1 (Dark Magic)
Seal of Ghrond
This heroes main focus will be to dispell enemy magic

Death Hag
Cauldron of Blood

Death Hag
BSB
Standard of Hag Greaf
Located in Executioner unit

Core

Crossbowmen x30 in 3 units of 10

Harpies x10

Witch elves x30
Full Command
Banner of Murder

Witch elves x30
Full command
War Banner

I plan on running the Witch elves in a horde formation. On the round they charge I'll bless them from the Cauldron with Strength of Khaine to give them Killing blow.

Special

Har Ganeth Executioners x19
Champion
Musician
BSB will be in this unit.

Rare

War Hydra

tmarichards
12-03-2011, 11:24
The Cauldron doesn't really need any equipment, it's unlikely she'll be seeing much combat and the stuff she does end up fighting will likely kill her regardless.