PDA

View Full Version : Fleeing through a charging enemy?

Kalandros
12-03-2011, 06:02
Unit A
---\/---

---/\---
Unit B

---/\---
Unit C

A charges B. B stands and shoot.
Unit C charges B. B flees through A

Is B destroyed since it fled through unit A that declared a charge against it or is it that, since the charge movement is only coming up AFTER the reaction, that Unit B will take Dangerous Terrain test for fleeing through A and then both A and C will fail their charge?

Pointy Headed Elven Paladin
12-03-2011, 06:36
I think the scenario aboves falls under "charging a fleeing enemy" on pg. 23 of the BRB so so unit B would be destroyed since it's still the charge sub-phase. Unit C will however fail it's charge.

H33D
12-03-2011, 07:04
I'm not so sure about this one. I think what would happen is the fleeing unit would take dangerous terrain test for fleeing through unit A and they would both fail their charges as they would now be impossible.

T10
12-03-2011, 09:09
Unit A
---\/---

---/\---
Unit B

---/\---
Unit C

A charges B. B stands and shoot.
Unit C charges B. B flees through A

Is B destroyed since it fled through unit A that declared a charge against it or is it that, since the charge movement is only coming up AFTER the reaction, that Unit B will take Dangerous Terrain test for fleeing through A and then both A and C will fail their charge?

Unit B takes its Dangerous Terrain tests for fleeing through an enemy unit.

Unit A may now have the opportunity to redirect. If it does not then it will most likely make a failed charge move as the target unit is behind him.

Unit C may now have the opportunity to redirect. If it does not then it must attempt to complete the charge. If it can successfully manoeuvre past unit A then it catches the fleeing unit as normal. Otherwise it must make a failed charge move.

Unit A does not automatically destroy the fleeing unit because this is part of how you resolve the Move Chargers sub-phase.

-T10