PDA

View Full Version : Competative Skaven 2k

Xenthick
13-03-2011, 01:16
I am trying to make a competitive Skaven list at 2000 pts, and heres what i have so far.

Lords And Heroes

Grey Seer
Screaming Bell
Skalm
Dispell Scroll
Warlock Engineer
Doom Rocket
Chieftain
Shield
BSB
Storm Banner

Core

Clanrats x 35 (bell goes here. Deployed 6 wide including width of bell)
Shields/spears
Banner/musician
Warpfire Thrower
Clanrats x 30 (deployed 6*5)
Shields/spears
Banner/musician
Warpfire Thrower
Skavenslaves x 30 (5*6)
Skavenslaves x 30 (5*6)
Stormvermin x 28 (6*5 BSB and WE goes here)
Musician, standar
Shields

Rare

Doomwheel
Hell Pit Abomination
Warp lightning cannon

Total 1986
Pretty basic strategy here. Try and tar pit any monsters with the slaves, use Doomwheel and HPA as required. Other then that use everything else to try and be as killy as possible, keeping the bell at the center of the field for maximum magical potential. C&C please and thank you.

Bazzal
13-03-2011, 16:29
looks like a solid skaven list. i wouldnt bother with the shields on the stormvermin as they cant use them in combat and id assume ud want to keep the bsb out of combat most the time just near it.

Xenthick
13-03-2011, 21:12
I was looking at the list a bit last night and came to the same conclusion about the shields. So I've removed the shields on the stormvermin and the dispell scroll from the grey seer and replaced the two warpfire throwers with poisoned wind mortars. the leftover points from all of this allowed me to add a third mortar with the storm vermin group.

Also i can see what you are saying about the BSB, however i cannot think of another unit which i could keep it in from a tactical standpoint. Where would you suggest?

fubukii
13-03-2011, 21:16
i would probably do the following

Remove the bell (makes your grey seer a huge target and easily killed in cc) also the bell doesnt have many good results for its rings.

I would make all of your units bigger, 30 clanrats wont cut it, nor will 30 slaves.

Would suggest raising them to at least 40-50 for the slaves and 40 clanrats.

Bazzal
13-03-2011, 21:37
well for my list i went more 25-30 man units of clan rats each with mortars. but thts more 2500pts which is the standard.

but you could go sumthin like;

Grey Seer : Screaming Bell, Skalm

Warlock Engineer : Doom Rocket

Chieftain : Shield, BSB, Stormbanner

Core

34 Clanrats - F.cmd, Warp Fire Thrower, Shields, Spears (BsB & Seer)

25 Clanrats - F.cmd, Plague Mortar, Shields (WE)

25 Clanrats - F.cmd, Plague Mortar, Shields

Skavenslaves x 30
Skavenslaves x 30

Rare

Doomwheel
Hell Pit Abomination
Warp lightning cannon

Total 1907

id keep at least one thrower incase sumthing flammable comes your way. but youve still got 93pts to play with wether that be increasing clan rat units, more slave units etc theirs quite a few options but also adding unit champions into units means your characters would b safe for a turn assumin they can handle normal attacks. but you could add to naked cheiftens into units just with halberds for 47pts 3 S5 atks not to bad with half decent ws and I