PDA

View Full Version : Incoming: Dark Eldar

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Sephiroth
14-03-2011, 10:12
Late arriving article from the Webway, or the hints of something new to come? New article up on Games-Workshop.com.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?aId=14300134a

Frgt/10
14-03-2011, 10:16
its not a late article, as otherwise it wouldnt have the products at the bottom

Lord Damocles
14-03-2011, 10:19
Flyers and/or characters presumably.

Stilton
14-03-2011, 10:26
Far bottom right:

"High on firepower and able to transport your Kabalite Warriors the Ravager is sure to please any Dark Eldar player."

:D

Orkman
14-03-2011, 10:31
Now we just have to peg down a release date and what's coming out

MajorWesJanson
14-03-2011, 10:38
Looks like June is a DE wave. Venom is confirmed, Fighter is I think confirmed. Scourges likely in plastic. Maybe one more plastic kit, or maybe a battleforce. Wracks in metal likely. Malys blister probable. Duke blister maybe? New Haemo blister like Succubus and Archon?

Ivellis
14-03-2011, 10:56
Yay! I'm glad I waited to start buying large amounts of DE, I'll have a lot more to choose from now. Plus there's hope for a battleforce.

NixonAsADaemonPrince
14-03-2011, 11:01
The confirmed by Hastings listing from the last thread:

Venom Plastic Kit.
Razorwing/Voidraven Plastic Kit.
Talos/Cronos Plastic Kit.
Scourges Plastic Kit.
Metal Wracks.

Mirbeau
14-03-2011, 11:20
The wracks suprise me - I was told the Haemonculus wave would include the wracks and be later, and we'd see the battleforce with this incoming wave. But there is no doubting Hastings - looking foward to it!

Symrivven
14-03-2011, 11:28
Well this is good news, wonder when we can expect the first pics. Maybe the next what's new today.

Indeed:
"High on firepower and able to transport your Kabalite Warriors the Ravager is sure to please any Dark Eldar player."
Someone at GW doesn't have his facts straight.

NixonAsADaemonPrince
14-03-2011, 11:28
Actually (My last post was very paraphrased) the Voice just confirmed that the Wracks are metal, no one said anything about when they would appear unfortunately.

MajorWesJanson
14-03-2011, 11:32
Forgot the Chronos/Talos :o

Didn't StickMonkey say that the Fighter was going to be Eldar/Dark Eldar fighter, but the Eldar part didn't work out? I didn't know that it was a Fighter Bomber box again.

NixonAsADaemonPrince
14-03-2011, 11:47
Wasn't that speculation from Stickmonkey saying that there was an Eldar/(Meaning Or)Dark Eldar box coming out? I might be wrong though.

Castigator
14-03-2011, 12:53
The confirmed by Hastings listing from the last thread:

Venom Plastic Kit.
Razorwing/Voidraven Plastic Kit.
Talos/Cronos Plastic Kit.
Scourges Plastic Kit.
Metal Wracks.

Weren't there rumors all over that the Razorwing/Voidraven ultimately did not end up being a single kit? Cannot find a link, but I somehow vaguely remembered that.

Poseidal
14-03-2011, 12:53
Maybe Ravager is a placeholder/type as the blurb suits the Venom quite a bit.

Lathrael
14-03-2011, 13:08
Well this is good news, wonder when we can expect the first pics. Maybe the next what's new today.

Indeed:
Someone at GW doesn't have his facts straight.

They said mandrakes were T4 at same articles :P

Edit: I wish they were :(

NetDiver
14-03-2011, 13:33
This is great! Just started a Dark Eldar paper airplane army. The Venom will be much appreciated.

madden
14-03-2011, 13:49
I'll have to keep an eye on this as raven and or venom kits would be most welcome.

npow34
14-03-2011, 14:34
Holy DE! I am all for general army love being given out and GW has certainly been dumping xenos on us with DE only!

UberBeast
14-03-2011, 15:23
No matter how this next release cuts, it sounds like GW will be filling in a lot of holes in the updated model range.

Prodigalson
14-03-2011, 15:29
Any of the special characters coming in that wave, or just what has been listed? Trying to decide if I need to scratch build a Duke model, or wait for June for the official release.

Hokiecow
14-03-2011, 15:41
Any of the special characters coming in that wave, or just what has been listed? Trying to decide if I need to scratch build a Duke model, or wait for June for the official release.

I was under the impression that everything but the special characters would be done by the 2nd wave.

Memnos
14-03-2011, 15:43
I'm excited about this. I plan on having 9 Venoms in my army.

Because only chavvy Dark Eldar ride Raiders. And my Trueborn army is not poor, have no orange tans and do not wear Burberry.

Castigator
14-03-2011, 16:30
I was under the impression that everything but the special characters would be done by the 2nd wave.

Yes, but there were also a bunch of recent rumors that the flyers (assuming Razorwing/Voidraven) were kinda not working properly, failed quality control, got spread to different kits, etc.., etc.. .

Ravenous
14-03-2011, 16:34
Sounds like Wracks, Grotesques and Haemonuculi are coming, maybe the venom too.

loveless
14-03-2011, 20:54
The worst part of all this is the mention of metal Wracks from the rumormongers.

I was hoping for a ton of quirky little options on them...

TheRatsInTheWalls
14-03-2011, 21:09
Weren't there rumors all over that the Razorwing/Voidraven ultimately did not end up being a single kit? Cannot find a link, but I somehow vaguely remembered that.

Stickmonkey told us in one of his General posts that the Razorwing will be released as it's own kit, and that the Voidraven will come later (and is significantly bigger).

Hokiecow
14-03-2011, 21:42
Yes, but there were also a bunch of recent rumors that the flyers (assuming Razorwing/Voidraven) were kinda not working properly, failed quality control, got spread to different kits, etc.., etc.. .

I believe that was Eldar, not a Dark Eldar kit. No one clarified if they are based off each other. Meaning if one was delayed the other would be too. As far as I've read, they are unique kits.

Coldblood666
14-03-2011, 22:31
I'm hoping for a Talos/Cronos kit and plastic Scourges atleast. The absence of those miniatures have been the only reason I havnt started DE yet.

Sildani
14-03-2011, 23:25
Plastic Scourges, at least, were confirmed. I'm waiting for them too!

NixonAsADaemonPrince
14-03-2011, 23:27
The Talos/Cronos was confirmed as well ;).

Ivellis
15-03-2011, 00:37
Bloody hell, just when I was getting tired of GW's prices and love of marines they release one of the best codexes yet for Dark Eldar, lavish all these amazing minis on them and are brining even MORE.

Now there's also rumours of new Tau with Demiurg.

Maybe GW actually does have some idea what they're doing, at least to grab my attention.

Haunter!
15-03-2011, 00:53
I only care about the Scourge models.

Ghazbad_Facestompa
15-03-2011, 01:16
Lessee, Voidravens: I need 1 or 2 for the final army. Scourges: I need shardcarbines for a unit of trueborn, so a box will be necessary.

Scorpion
15-03-2011, 01:53
Now there's also rumours of new Tau with Demiurg.

Sauce, plz?
(Sorry if it has been posted to death recently, work has been a bitch...)

ago syb
15-03-2011, 02:06
Sauce, plz?
(Sorry if it has been posted to death recently, work has been a bitch...)

It's that "return of the squats" thread in news and rumors. Between that, the jokaero, the clawed fiend, and the arguably zoat-like hive guard I'm liking this trend.

I was under the impression from the earlier threads that the eldar flyer kit was just kind of flimsy in general so they took it back to do some more work on it?

Aluinn
15-03-2011, 02:39
Jes also confirmed additional Haemonculi in the videos that were released around the time of the first wave, when speaking of how disgusting the Urien model was :). (Something like "we've got some Haemonculi coming that may give him a run for his money", to paraphrase.)

Of course I have no idea if those will be part of the proper second wave or not, but one would think that's probably the case, if they had already been sculpted by the time of the first.

Cigar
15-03-2011, 18:31
The worst part of all this is the mention of metal Wracks from the rumormongers.

I was hoping for a ton of quirky little options on them...

QFT

They screwed us on beastmasters, so why not continue the trend with Wracks :wtf:

RampagingRavener
15-03-2011, 18:40
so why not continue the trend with Wracks :wtf:

Because Wracks have relatively few options other than the Liquifiers and Acothyst. A box of five metal Wracks, one with a Liquifier, is all they really need to do for them. There's generally a limit on how many plastic kits GW can produce at once so some stuff needs to be done in metal, and units which have lots of options (Scourges) or are very large (Talos, vehicles) will get priority. It's a shame Wracks are metal, but it's the most sensible option.

qwertycg
15-03-2011, 19:27
They can't release a venom model. If they do I have to start the army.

Sami
15-03-2011, 19:48
They can't release a venom model. If they do I have to start the army.

Don't listen this man! WTB Venoms :(

MajorWesJanson
15-03-2011, 19:51
Venoms are confirmed. People have seen the sprues.

madden
15-03-2011, 20:17
Now I feel for the poster doing the venom conversions over in model/paint section he bought like 10 raiders and other bits oh the cost.

minionboy
15-03-2011, 20:33
la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la I can't hear you la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la...

I don't want them, but I really do.

jdp
15-03-2011, 20:35
Venoms are confirmed. People have seen the sprues.

I don't remember hearing that before. Venom is the small transport that is supposed to come with wyches hanging off it right? Cool news if it is indeed far enough to see plastic. That is a model I'll make just for fun, that and the razorwing/nightwing.

MajorWesJanson
15-03-2011, 22:00
I don't remember hearing that before. Venom is the small transport that is supposed to come with wyches hanging off it right? Cool news if it is indeed far enough to see plastic. That is a model I'll make just for fun, that and the razorwing/nightwing.

Yep. People who went to a manager training thing saw sprues for the GK Termies and the Venom. I'd link but I can't find the thread.

kabalite
15-03-2011, 22:59
So when can we expect this stuff

NixonAsADaemonPrince
15-03-2011, 23:12
I'd be betting on June.

MajorWesJanson
15-03-2011, 23:23
So when can we expect this stuff

June.
April is GKs
May is Tomb Kings
this is the next "Incoming" so logic puts it at June.

Foxtale
16-03-2011, 01:05
June.
April is GKs
May is Tomb Kings
this is the next "Incoming" so logic puts it at June.

And then we've got what? July Flyers, August Necrons? Tau? That next "Incoming" article is going to be a big one.

tame
16-03-2011, 01:16
I wonder if they ever intend to do a (new) model for Vect and his Dais... Not that I would ever use it in an army, but it might look cool.

Hokiecow
16-03-2011, 01:21
I don't get the impression that a Vect will not be any time soon... as in not for a few years.

MajorWesJanson
16-03-2011, 01:25
The Dais would not sell enough to be worth plastic, and they don't do metal or hybrid vehicles anymore.
A Vect on foot would work though, as you could use him and a Ravager kit and get the same basic result.

VanDoo
16-03-2011, 02:31
All good news, except the metal Wracks. I'm surprised that a unit which is really a Troops choice in disguise is getting metal. I guess I'll do some conversions for mine, unless the models look really good.

Azazyll
16-03-2011, 02:36
Nope, necrons have been pushed back by almost all accounts. Tau is the current theory. SOB are in the works as well, but seem to be further off, perhaps with sixth edition next summer.

MajorWesJanson
16-03-2011, 03:03
Nope, necrons have been pushed back by almost all accounts. Tau is the current theory. SOB are in the works as well, but seem to be further off, perhaps with sixth edition next summer.

Honestly, I hope Tau are not next. I was hoping Crons. I play GK and Tau, and have a small force of Dark Eldar. Necrons would have given me a nice breather to save some money up. :D

TheLaughingGod
16-03-2011, 03:40
Necrons need to be next followed by Eldar. Tau need to wait until 6th Edition along with SoB

MajorWesJanson
16-03-2011, 04:12
Necrons need to be next followed by Eldar. Tau need to wait until 6th Edition along with SoB

Tau need it far more than Eldar.

Azzy
16-03-2011, 05:13

Agreed, and Sisters have an older codex than Tau... Eldar, pft. Get in line. :D

loveless
16-03-2011, 05:15

Necrons need it worst.
Then Sisters.
Then probably Tau.
Then it's a toss-up for the rest.

Eldar and Chaos would be nice - especially if they manage to throw them into the next starter set /rambling.

VanDoo
16-03-2011, 05:38
I'd say Tau need it more than Sisters. The Witchunters codex held up surprisingly well over time. The Tau dex really has only 1 good build, so probably needs to go first, imo.

BrazenRogue
16-03-2011, 08:56
The Dais would not sell enough to be worth plastic, and they don't do metal or hybrid vehicles anymore.
A Vect on foot would work though, as you could use him and a Ravager kit and get the same basic result.

I could rather see an 'on foot' Vect on some form of hover throne, to distinguish him from all the other footslogging Archons. And if it fits into a Ravager...

And hey, seeing as I'm shamelessly wishlisting, possibly in a box featuring the Court. I'd really rather like to see them...

If June is the best bet (which I would agree it would be!), are we expecting this to be the last major release for awhile? I'm thinking of Jes' comments made on his cigarette break, how 90%* would be out by June/July. Obviously, a fag break confessional is neither sacred bond nor official press release, and things are subject to change anyhow. But I still rather hope that this release is either bigger than it seems, or just not the last one...

*I'm paraphrasing, I can't remember exactly what was said!

Darnok
16-03-2011, 09:05
Please stop the off-topic musings.

Darnok [=I=]

ursvamp
16-03-2011, 14:43
If I remember correctly,
the rumour about Jes Goodwin's cigarette-chat said that DE would get 6 new plastic kits this year (right?)
and that 90% of the codex would be released by june(or july, I can't really remember)

But even assuming that the Voidraven and Razorwing get seperate boxes, that only leaves us with Five plastic kits (Venom, Talos/Cronos, Flier#1, Flier#2, Scourges).

Wracks are supposed to be metal, and I'm guessing the Court of the Archon won't get released yet due to it being more "exotic" than the other units that are left.

So, to me, this leaves the Grotesques adn the Haemonculi. One to be done in plastic and one to be done in metal?
Which one would you say would go where?

Personally, I'd like to see plastic grotesques (kind of like plastic Tyranid warriors box), because of price.
But since they've got a Ton of options availible to them, many of which can also be used with the Wracks-upgrade-character or not found anywhere else, I can see Haemys coming as a plastic kit tht builds two bodies of Haemies that can be built into a multitude of options just like "Wizard kit" for the Empire in Warhammer Fantasy.

Reasoning around this?

synack
16-03-2011, 14:45
I remember from the previous DE thread someone saying that vects dias slots nicely into the Raider. Make of this what you will, but I'm assuming this means it's been ready for a while, or just needed some tweaking.

iamjack42
16-03-2011, 15:19
I remember from the previous DE thread someone saying that vects dias slots nicely into the Raider. Make of this what you will, but I'm assuming this means it's been ready for a while, or just needed some tweaking.

That was referring to Vect's throne from the previous version of the dais. You can take that old metal throne and with little work get it to fit on a new raider.

StraightSilver
16-03-2011, 15:38
As far as I know all of the arena stuff will be finished first, which means that the Venom with Wych hangers on will be one of the next releases.

This was meant to be some time in April, but I wasn't expecting Grey Knights when I heard about this so I am thinking more likely end of April. Guess we will know in next White Dwarf very soon.

Then once all the arena stuff is done it is Haemoculi etc. This is due around may.

Then June is things with wings, so Scourges and possibly the flyer.

So it should be as follows:

April - Venom
May - Wracks, Grotesques, plastic Talos
June - Scourges and possible flyer.

I don't doubt there will be some blisters in there too but don't have any info on that.

And just to say that this isn't stuff I heard from Jes, but from a reliable source nevertheless (although that doesn't mean much these days...)

Nurgling Chieftain
16-03-2011, 16:44
Venom with wyches? Kind of funny, really. Wyches, even bloodbrides, tend to be fielded in large squads - IMO they work best that way. Venoms tend to carry trueborn or incubi or even small warrior squads.

StraightSilver
16-03-2011, 16:57
The Wyches included in the Venom kit are just the hanging on passengers.

That way if you have a Venom or a Raider you will have the choice to have either Wyches or Kabbalite warriors hanging off either vehicle to represent the passengers.

The reason the Venom is coming with Wych passengers is because they couldn't fit both Kabbalites and Wyches on the Raider sprue, so this was the only other suitable plastic kit to put them in.

The original plan was to have plastic passengers for Wyches, Kabbalites and Haemonculi as they can all go in a raider and so needed to be represented.

When I last spoke to Jes he said they were desperately trying to find a way of doing haemonculi passengers in plastic but there were no other suitable plastic kits coming after the Venom.

I suppose the Talos is plastic so they could come on the sprues for that, but I think that's unlikely.

suprememidgetoverlord
16-03-2011, 17:44
They should make an upgrade sprue, most armies have one.

I guess the molds are too expensive, but they did do it with the battlewagon to complete all options, death roller and most gun upgrades. Wonder how many have sold.

Personally I love 5 man squads, and I need 5 vypers for my army. Harass and capture or contest, with 12 shots + passengers you can dish out the pain.

Sami
16-03-2011, 19:21
So in regards to new releases, after this wave it looks like DE will just be missing the following:

HQ: Vect, Malys, Drazhar (old model still available), Duke, Decrapitator, Baron
HQ: Generic Haemonculii (old models still available), Court of the Archon

Elites: Grotesques

Vehicle: Dias of Destruction (Ravager + Vect throne should suffice).

That's really not too bad going at all considering how long ago the codex came out, and that pretty much everything has had a brand new model released for it. I don't think the court would ever get a release (it's oddball enough to warrant a conversion job). Grotesques should appear and will probably be metal like the Wracks due to having so few upgrade options (and no doubt cost more than Beastmasters).

Considering the sheer amount of unique upgrades available to the Haemies and how versatile they are, I could honestly see a plastic kit being released for them simply as there's no other way of getting some of those weapons from other boxes (would also tie in to there being 1 plastic kit remaining). If they planned it well enough, it could also include a Haemie passenger for the transports :D

Kendo
16-03-2011, 19:32
I hope StraightSilver's prediction for DE releases is acurate. I was not looking forward to a massive release of all those kits in one month, as it would have been a very expensive month if it came all at once.

StraightSilver
16-03-2011, 20:46
Admittedly the info I have is more than a couple of months old now so these things are subject to change I guess, but everything has panned out so far so here's hoping.

theJ
16-03-2011, 21:09
Hm... I'm VERY interested in Scourges.
I've always wanted a Talon (not too sure about the Cronos knockoff, though...).
Since I'm doing a corsair/mercenary army, any sort of flyers would be greatly appreciated (cus a fleet without support fighters would feel weird).
If they bring out a battleforce, odds are low that I won't get it, since there's VERY few models I wouldn't have any interest in (for conversions, if naught else).
The only thing I'm not really thinking of is the Wracks, and since those are the metals, I guess I'm not missing out on much ^^

Oh, well, gonna have to wait and see what they all look like before I start making too many plans, I guess.

Qotl
16-03-2011, 22:46
long time lurker first time poster (last time i posted here this place was called portent :P)

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?categoryId=cat440233a&aId=14000008a

what appears to be a talos on the very last image... possibly a conversion

also found images from an article on converting wracks [url] http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?catId=&categoryId=cat440233a&section=&pIndex=1&aId=14300109a&start=2&multiPageMode=true [url]

these were both blank links off the kabalite warrors page

Messiah
16-03-2011, 22:58
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/co...&aId=14000008a what appears to be a talos on the very last image... no idea how long until they take this dow

That sword looks familiar.. ;)

MasterSlowPoke
16-03-2011, 23:02
long time lurker first time poster (last time i posted here this place was called portent :P)

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?categoryId=cat440233a&aId=14000008a

what appears to be a talos on the very last image... possibly a conversion

also found images from an article on converting wracks [url] http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?catId=&categoryId=cat440233a&section=&pIndex=1&aId=14300109a&start=2&multiPageMode=true [url]

these were both blank links off the kabalite warrors page

They're all conversions, but neat (and weird) find.

scarletsquig
16-03-2011, 23:03
Yeah, conversion using wraithlord, reaver jetbike and tyranid parts.

Looks really neat, the style reminds me a lot of the reavers from Firefly.

Qotl
16-03-2011, 23:06
They're all conversions, but neat (and weird) find.

cheers, its surprising just how much random stuff there is lying around on the site. anyway now to disappear back into the webway untill something else piques my interest...

blooddragon
16-03-2011, 23:39
How the hell do people find these wonderful things??????? :confused:

Qotl
17-03-2011, 01:04
i distort probability, its a hobby :P

Foxtale
17-03-2011, 03:03
Just think of all the pictures contained within those pages! Maybe those are just collections of pictures from what various people have sent the What's New section. Just waiting to be posted (or buried).

jdp
17-03-2011, 03:45
cheers, its surprising just how much random stuff there is lying around on the site. anyway now to disappear back into the webway untill something else piques my interest...

Nicely done! Thanks!

tame
17-03-2011, 05:02
Note that this is actually an old page, posted in November 2010. If you switch the site to french you can read some text saying that the pics are from various french GW shops, and were painted to showcase the new (well, new 6 months ago) Dark Eldar minis. It also says the Cronos is a conversion, as many guessed.

Edit: And it probably means there are tons country-specific pages with pics like this one. Nice... if only it wasn't so painful to search for them...

maraxis
17-03-2011, 17:50
the problem with metal wracks is 3 fold:

First, they can be a troop choice so you need to field bunches of them, say they keep 5 metal ones a the same price as the mandrakes/incubi, that is $24.95 (US) us per means lots of cash to flesh them out as troops.

Second, in metal, there will be a limited number of poses they will release. Again look at the mandrakes/incubi, there are 3 basic bodies for each, sure you can change the shoulder blades and heads on the incubi or the left arm on the mandrakes but, that is still only 3 uniquie models in an army of 60, BORING!!!

and Third; Ability to combine them with the other "troop" units, maybe a bit here and there but as I said above, only a few basic poses and parts.... And IMHO that is the genus of the Wyches, Kabalites and to a lesser degree Hellions and Reavers too, the ability to kit bash and give flavor to the army....

Plastic Ghouls here I come...

as to Silverlight's prediction of releases, I would highly doubt they will release over 3 months, they will release them as a splash to 1 capitalize on the new ness and a white dwarf article on the part 2 of the DE Release and secondly and more importantly, to not take away from the splash releases of the new armies both 40k and fantasy.

Voss
17-03-2011, 17:58
Yeah, the 'logic' behind metal wracks is fairly painful. It pretty much killed my interest in doing a DE army at all, especially given the way the mandrakes are packaged and priced, and the (imo) relatively poor quality of the metal DE models when compared to the plastics.

Coldblood666
17-03-2011, 20:13
Yea I won't be using any metal units either. I'm not risking buying a box of Incubi and having their blades all bent to hell. It really is a shame that the Grotesques are going to be in metal too.

loveless
17-03-2011, 20:27
Yeah, the 'logic' behind metal wracks is fairly painful. It pretty much killed my interest in doing a DE army at all, especially given the way the mandrakes are packaged and priced, and the (imo) relatively poor quality of the metal DE models when compared to the plastics.

The "bonus" to Mandrakes and Incubi as metals were/are:
1) No one wants to run Mandrakes anyway
2) Most people seem to be running Incubi x5 + Archon if at all.

Wracks don't share that same mentality - plenty of people want to use them, and in large quantities. Hopefully GW catches wind of that sooner rather than later...but I suppose we need something left to plastic-ize in 6th edition...

I haven't worked with a lot of the Dark Eldar metals, but I will say that the Mandrakes are pretty solid minis, save for their bendy weapons.

Urien was a nightmare of assembly as I didn't have any bits decent enough to pin his many appendages :shifty:

Azzy
17-03-2011, 21:46
the problem with metal wracks is 3 fold:

Yes, yes, we know... this has been said many times before. The thing is, though, that there is a limit to the number of molds for plastic models that can be produced in a given year (they're expensive). These have to be allocated between different army releases for each game system the GW produces. Ultimately, producing Wracks in metals is likely a stopgap to get minis out for the unit until such time as they can allot production for plastic molds. The same thing happened with Bloodcrushers and Possessed--minis first produced in metal and shortly replaced by plastic models. I'm predicting that there will be plastic Wrack either next year or the year thereafter.

Inquisitor Kallus
17-03-2011, 22:22
Yes, yes, we know... this has been said many times before. The thing is, though, that there is a limit to the number of molds for plastic models that can be produced in a given year (they're expensive). These have to be allocated between different army releases for each game system the GW produces. Ultimately, producing Wracks in metals is likely a stopgap to get minis out for the unit until such time as they can allot production for plastic molds. The same thing happened with Bloodcrushers and Possessed--minis first produced in metal and shortly replaced by plastic models. I'm predicting that there will be plastic Wrack either next year or the year thereafter.

I looked up as i was thinking about something to post and saw yours.... . You pretty much took the words right out of my mouth

DarkMark
17-03-2011, 22:30
I'm predicting that there will be plastic Wrack either next year or the year thereafter.

The problem with that logic is that a bunch of would be players are scared off in the mean time. Not as many metals shift, and GW declare there is no demand. :rolleyes:

I just don't get this only so many plastic moulds a year talk. GW really are in a spend ie build the mould, to accumulate business. Surely building a mould then thrashing it shortly after is utterly wasteful?

Lets hope a great release, DE, isn't turned into a farcical one:mad:

Nurgling Chieftain
17-03-2011, 22:57
Oh, for heaven's sake. Get some ghouls. If you really want to go out on a limb, do some converting on them; alternatively, just field them as-is. It's not the end of the world, nor even of the Dark Eldar line.

Inquisitor Kallus
17-03-2011, 23:04
Unfortunately some people just can't wait...

Sildani
18-03-2011, 00:25
The problem with that logic is that a bunch of would be players are scared off in the mean time. Not as many metals shift, and GW declare there is no demand. :rolleyes:

I just don't get this only so many plastic moulds a year talk. GW really are in a spend ie build the mould, to accumulate business. Surely building a mould then thrashing it shortly after is utterly wasteful?

The molds GW use for metal minis aren't the really expensive stainless steel ones, but made of something (plaster?) vastly cheaper. Trashing them after they've served their purpose isn't as wasteful as you think.

And when a set of steel molds cost from 50,000 - 100,000 pounds, I believe GW can only make a few a year.

Sarevok
18-03-2011, 00:43
no chance of a Klaivex model?

NixonAsADaemonPrince
18-03-2011, 00:53
GW make their molds for metal models out of vulcanised rubber. Still a hell of a lot cheaper than the stainless steel molds for the plastics.

MajorWesJanson
18-03-2011, 02:13
Plus, it is not just the molds that are a bottleneck. They don't have enough machines to run every sprue at the same time, so they run some to build up stocks then put the molds into storage until they need to print more of that sprue. New kits they have to print more copies to meet projected demand for a new kit, taking up time and machine space. Thus we get about 3-5 new sprues a month (made up of 2-3 frames per sprue). Bigger models take more sprues, so eat into the budget, and tend to be printed either over time, or alongside a release with less sprues.

jdp
18-03-2011, 03:33

I'm not sure I buy the we won't run plastic wracks if metals come out first argument. When Medusa 5 came out CSMs got some truly hideous possesed models. One year later they came out as plastics with the new codex and they sold quite well indeed.

W/regards to the molds, it was my understanding that the problem wasn't currently the expense of the mold but the time it actually takes to cut the molds. Thus they can only release a certain number of sprues a year because that's all they can cut.

Foxtale
18-03-2011, 05:15

Lets hope a great release, DE, isn't turned into a farcical one:mad:
The opposite is true also. Not as many metals shift, and GW sees all the conversions people are doing for plastic Wracks, and thus that there is a potential market for plastic ones (thus making everyone rebuy their Wracks).

We'd be silly to assume they don't check forums like Warseer to judge opinions on their models. They're lucky: they don't need to survey to get feedback. They just have to check the Internet.

And Dark Eldar have more than proven they are not a farcical release.

DarkMark
18-03-2011, 08:23
Thanks for the explanation on the moulds issue. I'm still inclined to think that GW will be quite happy to see players proxying from other existing ranges. Its good business sense, if enough people buy into it, but sucks if like me you wanted continuity. I'm still waiting for my dark elf chariot just to prove a point.:(

The release will become farcical if new units, like the beastpacks, are priced above what many can afford. Prudence says we should wait and see before throwing the toys out of the pram.:p

beanerboy
18-03-2011, 14:31
What sorta price do people think the venom will come in at? cause i'm very much hoping its around the price of the warriors.

i'd also expect the scrouges to come in at the same as the helions.

Just wondering what sorta prices people had in mind.

Beaner

eldargal
18-03-2011, 14:52
Well the venom is supposed to be analogous to the Vyper, so I'd say that would be a good baseline, add a bit for extras and whatnot. I'd say around 20. Give or take a few pounds.

beanerboy
18-03-2011, 15:10
So the same srt of price as the raider which to me is a little steep considering its smaller size but I guess I can't complian cause I need the modle so much lol
Beaner

Foxtale
18-03-2011, 16:03
Yeah, I'd say it would be priced the same as a Raider, since its points cost is about the same. GW seems to price based on points cost as well as material cost (with some exceptions coughbeastpackscough).

iamjack42
18-03-2011, 16:39
Jes Goodwin's design notes on the DE Succubus (In the What's new Today) mention plastic scourge arms that will interact with the Succubus metals.

I think we basically knew this already, but that confirms plastic scourges in June.

airmang
18-03-2011, 16:44
I think they have taken the part about the plastic Scourge arms out of the article.

edit: sorry, it's in the notes on the sketch!

Sami
18-03-2011, 18:37
Hopefully this also means they can be used on the Warrior bodies, as it would would allow you to use the Blasters from the box for Trueborn (at the moment I'm proxying shredders).

N3p3nth3
19-03-2011, 12:59
Hopefully this also means they can be used on the Warrior bodies, as it would would allow you to use the Blasters from the box for Trueborn (at the moment I'm proxying shredders).

I'd say that would pretty much be the general idea for them. :)

sasheep
19-03-2011, 14:22
Can't wait for the venom and scourges!
As for the Haemonculus, I personally would love him to be the final plastic set. There are just too many options for him to be done in metal. As for the metal wracks, I'm not too bothered as I think i would rather convert my own anyway. The way I see them, every "batch" is based on an idea the Haemonculus had at the time of creating them and so every wrack would be a unique and twisted in its own way :)

archont
19-03-2011, 19:21
Obvious troll is obvious.

Quoted for Truth

Though it should be about time for pictures to surface, considering that we had reports of them being packaged at the same time as all the greyknights stuff.

HK-47
19-03-2011, 23:59
Jes Goodwin's design notes on the DE Succubus (In the What's new Today) mention plastic scourge arms that will interact with the Succubus metals.

I think we basically knew this already, but that confirms plastic scourges in June.

This is the link for those that want to read the article without going to the GW site.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/blogPost.jsp?aId=15900024a

3+savesarefornoobs
20-03-2011, 02:55
When is the Groteques, Wracks, Venom, Talos, the fighter/bomber models all coming out?

Why are there no pictures of those yet? We already know enough about the Beastmaster and his zoo animals!

Darnok
20-03-2011, 04:34
When is the Groteques, Wracks, Venom, Talos, the fighter/bomber models all coming out?

Why are there no pictures of those yet? We already know enough about the Beastmaster and his zoo animals!

The Incoming! setting them for June means you'll wait at least for another month.

3+savesarefornoobs
20-03-2011, 06:34
So no pictures until April?

Darnok
20-03-2011, 06:43
Mid/late April would be my guess. Possibly nothing until pre-orders go online at the beginning of May.

Bayru
20-03-2011, 07:52
This is the link for those that want to read the article without going to the GW site.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/blogPost.jsp?aId=15900024a

Is it me or did they fail painting the armoured upper body region of the Succubus? Jes's design notes made me think there was mucho sex-appealing bare skin showing there (think armoured bikini :D).

eldargal
21-03-2011, 09:57
GW just updated the Incming article with a sneak peak:

They also corrected the Ravager description.

Poseidal
21-03-2011, 10:00
Looks like a Talos/Chronos kit.

From what it looks like, there's fleshy bits under that hard shell (unlike the previous more mechanical looking one).

HK-47
21-03-2011, 10:01

The first pick looks like the head of a Grotesques or Wrack. I'm not sure about the second maybe a Talos or Cronos?

eldargal
21-03-2011, 10:03
Yes, I'm going with Grotesque/Wrack and Talos/Cronos, leaning towards the Talos.

Born Again
21-03-2011, 10:04
Yeah, the second is almost definitely a Talos/ Cronos kit, but the first looks a lot like the drawing of a Wrack in the codex... thought we weren't getting these models yet though?

theJ
21-03-2011, 10:19
Could also be the Haemy, although we ain't had any rumours about him coming this early, so odds are low...

MajorWesJanson
21-03-2011, 10:22
Yeah, the second is almost definitely a Talos/ Cronos kit, but the first looks a lot like the drawing of a Wrack in the codex... thought we weren't getting these models yet though?

We are, in metal.

Symrivven
21-03-2011, 10:45
I think the first pic is not a wrack as wracks have their heads higher then their shoulders, looking at the pics of both the talos and the Grotesques It could be either of them.

The second pic looks a lot like the lower arm of a talos.

jimbo1701
21-03-2011, 11:14
I reckon they're both the talos/cronos. Note that they've changed the Ravager blurb so it's not a transport now.

Coldblood666
21-03-2011, 11:26
I think the 1st pic is a Grotesque and the 2nd pic is the Talos/Cronos.

WokeUpDead
21-03-2011, 11:54
the first, -could- be a grotesque I guess..
but
I think they're both the talos/chronos; the second is the body, obviously, while the first is it's newest.. erm.. """"pilot"""" ;-D - just take a look at the old talos ;)

Scelerat
21-03-2011, 12:28
the first, -could- be a grotesque I guess..
but
I think they're both the talos/chronos; the second is the body, obviously, while the first is it's newest.. erm.. """"pilot"""" ;-D - just take a look at the old talos ;)

Just look at the new Talos artwork. No "pilot" there, thankfully, since it was a dumb idea.
I hope the first pic is a Grotesque, mainly for the bulky shoulders (not very much like the Wrack artwork) and exposed flesh (not very much like the Talos/Cronos art and description).

azhagmorglum
21-03-2011, 12:43

A bit off topic, but as you are talking about special characters, didn't GW announced back when the new space wolves codex came out, that they had/would redone a ragnar model?

Rick Blaine
21-03-2011, 12:45
I see they wised up and didn't put the name of the model in the name of the image file. That was rather amusing with the Deff Dread sneak peak.

ki7okran
21-03-2011, 12:58
First picture is head of Talos. The second might be the arm.

Da Black Gobbo
21-03-2011, 13:20
Agreed, it seems a talos head...

Scelerat
21-03-2011, 13:27
Agreed, it seems a talos head...

It is NOT a Talos head. Look at the highlights: either 'Eavy Metal have gotten worse at painting or they used an enormous brush... or it is a relatively small mini. Compare them to the highlights on the edges of the picture to the right: that is a Monstrous Creature, the arm of a Talos most probably. The one on the left, however, must be some kind of infantry: my bet is on Grotesques, but could be a Wrack head too.
Plus, the plain "mask" does not match the Talos artwork. Although now that I think about it, it doesn't match the Grotesques or Wracks either.

N3p3nth3
21-03-2011, 13:41
It is NOT a Talos head. Look at the highlights: either 'Eavy Metal have gotten worse at painting or they used an enormous brush... or it is a relatively small mini. Compare them to the highlights on the edges of the picture to the right: that is a Monstrous Creature, the arm of a Talos most probably. The one on the left, however, must be some kind of infantry: my bet is on Grotesques, but could be a Wrack head too.
Plus, the plain "mask" does not match the Talos artwork. Although now that I think about it, it doesn't match the Grotesques or Wracks either.

Agree with you on the first part, but also think that it does look a bit large to be a wrack. Of course, we haven't heard anything about Grotesques coming out now, so I guess it is a wrack... but it looks like a grotesque to me. ;)

Could be a haemie too :/

eldargal
21-03-2011, 14:01
So, we have (rumoured) to be coming:

Plastic Venom
Plastic Talos/Cronos
Plastic Scourges
Plastic Razorwing/Voidraven
Metal Wracks
Metal Grotesques
Haemonculi (1-2 blisters/one box?)
Special Characters?

That is one hell of a second wave, an an awful lot of miniatures to all come out in June as the email indicates. Only a tad smaller then the initial November release, assuming the minimum of blisters.

reds8n
21-03-2011, 14:16
I see they wised up and didn't put the name of the model in the name of the image file. That was rather amusing with the Deff Dread sneak peak.

:D yeah, I checked that as well.

Radium
21-03-2011, 14:37
Plastic Venom
Plastic Talos/Cronos
Plastic Scourges
Plastic Razorwing/Voidraven
Metal Wracks
Metal Grotesques
Haemonculi (1-2 blisters/one box?)
Special Characters?

If we assume we don't get the special characters, and won't get the flyers along with everyone else we're down to two plastic boxes and 3 metal blisters/boxes. Seems very reasonable to me.

eldargal
21-03-2011, 14:43
Three plastic boxes and three metal, but it does fly in the face of both the rumoured summer of flyers and Jes Goodwins statement that they wanted the vast majority of the range out by June. Also the assumption of a Haemonculus box as opposed to a few blisters is jsut an assumption. I grant the presence of SCs is much more debatable.

I'm not complaining or anything, nor do I doubt it will occur, it just seems like a lot of kits to put out at once.

Hokiecow
21-03-2011, 15:09
Who says they wont trickle the DE releases over 2011 and into 2012?
The Beast unit came out alone.
Seems more reasonable we'll see the releases look like:
Release A: Venom, Wracks, and Talos/Cronos (if it is one kit) .
Release B: Razorwing and Voidraven
Release C: Haemonculi , Grotesque, and Scourges

Maybe even make the releases smaller and more spread out to give DE players a chance to save up and get excited about the next coming release.

eldargal
21-03-2011, 15:12
Well, largely because Jes Goodwin said 90% of the range would be available by June, and the Incoming! email states that new DE will be available in June.

Hokiecow
21-03-2011, 15:15
He said 90% available by June? I missed that. Well then I take it back. ;-)

GingerBalls
21-03-2011, 15:53
Based on the preview pics I'd say Grotesques and Talos/Cronos. Fingers crossed its both, anyways.

iamjack42
21-03-2011, 16:01
Well, largely because Jes Goodwin said 90% of the range would be available by June, and the Incoming! email states that new DE will be available in June.

Also, the rumors from before DE were released said there would be a large first wave, a small 1.5 wave, and a large second wave.

So far we've had a large first wave, and a small 1.5 wave, so...

Ba'al Starslayer
21-03-2011, 16:39
My understanding was this:
Fighter/Bomber was being released this Summer.
Some Special Characters (Malys, Drazhar etc) will come at a later date.
Everything else will get a model by June.
This was from a while ago so I can't be too sure, but I thought this was the general idea?

Deff Mekz
21-03-2011, 17:03
Wow! Really nice to see the first little snippets for this release and they look great to. I have to agree with everyone that one of the pics is the Talos, but perhaps the other pic is not a head at all, it sort of has a wierd shoulder guard appearence when you look at it at an angle.

Deff

Kalishnikov-47
21-03-2011, 17:04
From my understanding, looking at the color of the skin of the first picture it is the shoulder pauldron over the Haemonculus or Wrack. The skin is the dead giveaway with the tubes pumping the acid blood through its body. Though it could be a Grotesque since we have nothing to scale it by. Either way it is one of the Haemonculus coven units.

The second image is the top carapace of one of the MC. If they come in the same plastic kit its all gravy. Might have to resist the allure of a full Grey Knight army after I see how good the Coven units are....

Cheers

Deff Mekz
21-03-2011, 17:20
Considering two Dark Eldar articles have been put up "officially" today, I think we should keep an eye out for the latest GW blog post this evening :).

Deff

Shatterclaw
21-03-2011, 17:39
You just gave me an idea, Sami.

Pure speculation. OK, What if its not wracks that are coming out by grotesques as plastic in the next wave?

Also, if there going to do Vect, they can do him in plastic, and then have heamonculii as passengers and hanger 0ns.

So in regards to new releases, after this wave it looks like DE will just be missing the following:

HQ: Vect, Malys, Drazhar (old model still available), Duke, Decrapitator, Baron
HQ: Generic Haemonculii (old models still available), Court of the Archon

Elites: Grotesques

Vehicle: Dias of Destruction (Ravager + Vect throne should suffice).

That's really not too bad going at all considering how long ago the codex came out, and that pretty much everything has had a brand new model released for it. I don't think the court would ever get a release (it's oddball enough to warrant a conversion job). Grotesques should appear and will probably be metal like the Wracks due to having so few upgrade options (and no doubt cost more than Beastmasters).

Considering the sheer amount of unique upgrades available to the Haemies and how versatile they are, I could honestly see a plastic kit being released for them simply as there's no other way of getting some of those weapons from other boxes (would also tie in to there being 1 plastic kit remaining). If they planned it well enough, it could also include a Haemie passenger for the transports :D

Souleater
21-03-2011, 17:51
More toys :D

Radium
21-03-2011, 18:03
Considering two Dark Eldar articles have been put up "officially" today, I think we should keep an eye out for the latest GW blog post this evening :).

Deff

Well, that certainly didn't work out all that great :P. The blog post does contain some DE, but nothing new :(.

Shatterclaw, I don't think they'll do a Vect model, let alone a Dais model. I'd love to see one, but I just don't see it happening. Haemonculi coven hangers on would be very nice to have, especially if we get the wyches in the venom box.

Deff Mekz
21-03-2011, 18:08
Aye such a shame, ah well. I wonder if plastic wrack passengers will come on the Venom to, IIRC Jes was trying to think of way of getting wrack passengers onto a plastic kit.

Raibaru
21-03-2011, 18:59
Plastic Incubi passengers is more like it :(

Deff Mekz
21-03-2011, 19:01
I'll drink to that :D

Avian
21-03-2011, 19:12
I reckon the first one is the shoulder pad of a Grotesque and the second the carapace of the Cronos (http://www.salon.com/entertainment/movies/film_salon/2010/07/02/vampire_movies_twilight_fans_should_see/cronos.jpg) / Talos.

Three plastic boxes and three metal, but it does fly in the face of both the rumoured summer of flyers ...
Yeah. I wonder why that could be... :shifty:

adeptusphotographicus
21-03-2011, 19:17
I guess the photo is the helmet/head of a grotesque and the carapace of a talos

frankencowx
21-03-2011, 19:36
so new models in the next white dwarf?? when does white dwarf release each month?

Deff Mekz
21-03-2011, 19:46
It says at the back of each WD. This month I can tell you for a fact there is no pics (subscriber) and the next WD is released on May 30th.

bork da basher
21-03-2011, 20:19
my money is on the grotesque and talos/cronos kit.

does anyone know if the wracks are confirmed as metal or plastic.

if they are plastic i know what my next army will be. if they are metal mr GW doesn't get my moneys.

loveless
21-03-2011, 20:33
All signs have pointed to metal Wracks.

That's not too bad given their options - though I would have preferred plastic.

Here's hoping that if they throw one with a Liquifier in the box that it's molded in such a way as to make an easy swap if necessary.

I'll also bet that (at least) the Acothyst will have separate arms to make the weapon swaps easier between it and other kits.

iamjack42
21-03-2011, 20:34
my money is on the grotesque and talos/cronos kit.

does anyone know if the wracks are confirmed as metal or plastic.

if they are plastic i know what my next army will be. if they are metal mr GW doesn't get my moneys.

Confirmed metal. Many, many times.

Damien 1427
21-03-2011, 20:42

I'm afraid to say I'm in the same boat. If they're plastic, I'll get a few. If they're metal, I'll settle for my plan of using Mantic Ghouls and various bits, as I can get four full squads for under 30.

If the Grotesques are anything like the art, it doesn't matter what they make them out of, they can just take my damned money.

abaddonseviltwin
21-03-2011, 20:53
Picture one looks like it could be the wrack on page 19 of the Codex, the Grotesque in the background looking much more bestial and dare I say chaos spawn like...having said that the Grotesque on page 39 is looking more the business, hunched and very much more "engineered" looking. The second picture, looks like a plate from the Talos arm or possibly the stinger. I'm still not convinced that the Talos and Cronos are going to be from the same kit, the descriptions just sound so different, I'm struggling to see how they would have any components in common, they're hardly analogous to a Razorback and a predator, more a Razorback and a Landraider. Or am I lacking in creative vision, I only hope that both are done justice and not compromised through trying to get both from the same kit.

Nurgling Chieftain
21-03-2011, 20:59
What? They're both T7 W3 Sv3+ MC's. The distinction is primarily weapon loadout.

Ace Rimmer
21-03-2011, 21:19
It could just be 2 pics of the Talos kit, as the head for that looks exactly like the head from the talos artwork in the new codex i.e. a reaver head backwards.

Leonathion
21-03-2011, 21:31
I think its two pics of the talos. The redshirts at my place say its plastic wracks and grotesques.

TheConverter15
21-03-2011, 21:43
I think its two pics of the talos. The redshirts at my place say its plastic wracks and grotesques.

I thought it was pretty much assumed by everyone that the wracks were metal? Don't get me wrong I love plastic and when were there rumours of grotesques?

Il Maggiore
21-03-2011, 21:43
http://images.dakkadakka.com/s/i/gallery/img/2011/1/21/176275_md.JPG

someone in italy say: "New Grotesque"

Deff Mekz
21-03-2011, 21:53
Unfortunatley no, The Voice point blank confirmed they (The Wracks) were metal. I remember it cleary as The Voice, replying to a comment I made about no one actually confirming wracks as metal, to which he replied;

" Wracks are metal, this is the truth." Or something along those lines.

Deff

iamjack42
21-03-2011, 21:59
Plastic Grotesques remain a possibility, and have been speculated about before.

Sami
21-03-2011, 22:07
Considering the expected popularity and complete lack of wargear, they will probaby be metal as well. Based on their expected size, I would expect them to cost the same as beastmasters.

Still holding out hope that the final plastic kit is the Haemoncolus. So much unique wargear, very good conversion options (how weird do you want to make yours?), and would be a good way of including a small sprue with Wrack passengers for the vehicles. Considering how popular/useful Haemies are, IMO they would be daft not to make the most of a plastic kit for them.

Anyway, this is turning into wish listing. Providing they release the Venom SOON I'll be happy.

Farnsworth
21-03-2011, 22:11
Not that bothered if the pics are wracks or grotesques to be honest.

As long as they do justice to the venom, scourge and talos kits, I'll be over the moon!

Coldblood666
21-03-2011, 22:53
If both Wracks and Grotesques are metal than that really sucks for those who wanted complete coven themed armies. Wracks are a potential Troops choice, why would they possibly think its appropriate to make them expensive metal models? I can understand the Grotesques being in metal atleast, but not the Wracks. The whole "expensive molds" theory is BS imo; they would make a ton off of plastic Wracks.

Sami
21-03-2011, 23:12
Because as has been said many time, 1) GW are limited in the number of plastic kits they can have coming off the production line at once, and b) Wracks have a very limited set of upgrade options. The basic Wracks can just take a liquifier, and the weapons for the upgrade character can be found in other kits. The few that can't will hopefully be bundled with the Haemie.

Maybe we'll see plastic Wracks further down the line, but for now it's all but guaranteed that they'll be metal.

Not saying I like it, just that I understand it. And hey, nobody is stopping you from rolling your own. After all, Wracks and Grotesques look like whatever their insane masters wish them to be.

Nazerth
21-03-2011, 23:33
I was really hoping for plastic wracks, but then I would just wind up making another slow moving dreadnought (talos/cronos) heavy army... like my marines and orkz :p.

Reasonably sure those pics are of the talos, but the helmet head might be from a grotesque. Still really happy about plastic scourges and the venom being in this wave. I fear I won't be able to resist the lure of the dark kin after this next wave of models...

My wallet ==> :(

GrimDog
22-03-2011, 00:00
Just give me plastic venoms so I can build the 2k army I have sitting NIB in my office dammit.

blooddragon
22-03-2011, 00:33
I know everyone's saying that the second picture is some part of a Talos, but I just have a feeling that it isnt. If you look at the paint job of the first photo, you get an indication of how far in the photograph is zoomed because you can see the brush strokes. That, to me indicates a 25mm model. On the second photo, you have a similar quality, where there appears a limited level of detail in the brush strokes (highlighting) and the definition of the spikes which to me at least, suggests for sure a larger scale than the first picture but not the sort of scale Id expect from the talos. Im expecting that significant carapace segments on the talos will be of similar scale to the carnifex carapace; and with the level of detail of the rest of the Dark Eldar range, I would be surprised if such a large plastic component would be so featureless.

Scelerat
22-03-2011, 00:39
That is NOT the carapace of the Talos. It's its arm.

blooddragon
22-03-2011, 00:53
Now that would make an awful lot more sense...

Azazyll
22-03-2011, 01:00

How has everybody missed this? Awesome pics Il Maggiore. I can't imagine that those are fakes. A bit thinner than I was expecting - hopefully they look a little more imposing in person. I didn't think we were getting them in plastic, but I'm happy to see them.

Also, the first pic is not a shoulder. Or rather, if it is, GW has completely lost their touch, and it's the worst looking shoulder ever. I don't care how tortured the bodies of the wracks/grotesques/talos/chronos are, that would look ridiculous as a shoulder.

Coldblood666
22-03-2011, 01:01
That is NOT the carapace of the Talos. It's its arm.

You know this for fact? Have you seen the model? I'm not saying I disagree with you, infact it makes sense to me as well.

Coldblood666
22-03-2011, 01:08
How has everybody missed this? Awesome pics Il Maggiore. I can't imagine that those are fakes. A bit thinner than I was expecting - hopefully they look a little more imposing in person. I didn't think we were getting them in plastic, but I'm happy to see them.

Also, the first pic is not a shoulder. Or rather, if it is, GW has completely lost their touch, and it's the worst looking shoulder ever. I don't care how tortured the bodies of the wracks/grotesques/talos/chronos are, that would look ridiculous as a shoulder.

These can't possibly be the new Grotesques can they? They just don't look like something GW made to me.

Scelerat
22-03-2011, 01:09
You know this for fact? Have you seen the model? I'm not saying I disagree with you, infact it makes sense to me as well.

No, I'm sorry, I haven't. Perhaps I sounded too convinced of it, it's just that it is strikingly similar to he Talos arm in the codex art.

There is something off about that pic, but still don't know what it is... Looks cool, anyway.

Azazyll
22-03-2011, 01:20
These can't possibly be the new Grotesques can they? They just don't look like something GW made to me.

It is a little weird, but the production value is amazing, and it does bear a striking similarity to the artwork. I can't see someone modeling and casting several of these in their spare time, and then having it look exactly like the picture. I think we're looking at the real deal.

Might any of the rumour mongers comment? Pretty please?

Azazyll
22-03-2011, 01:21
No, I'm sorry, I haven't. Perhaps I sounded too convinced of it, it's just that it is strikingly similar to he Talos arm in the codex art.

There is something off about that pic, but still don't know what it is... Looks cool, anyway.

I thought at first you meant the first pic, but if you mean the second, it does indeed look a lot like the arms from the artwork. Good call.

Meckboy
22-03-2011, 01:24

Sorry,

Those are Paulson Games Dark Eldar http://www.paulsongames.com/page/page/5879537.htm

Wish they were like those though.

Scelerat
22-03-2011, 01:26
I thought at first you meant the first pic, but if you mean the second, it does indeed look a lot like the arms from the artwork. Good call.

Yeah, I mean the second :)

The "grotesques" pic is 'shopped. That doesn't mean it's fake: there are simply obvious "bad photoshopping" things: shadows that do strange things, the "horizon" line breaking behind the Grotesque, a strange color line between the body and arm of the same Grotesque...
So I don't know whether they are real or not, but...
Oh, and the thing that looked strange to me was the head's proportions: too long, isn't it? The artwork depicts Grotesques' heads more round, I believe?

Azazyll
22-03-2011, 01:35
Sorry,

Those are Paulson Games Dark Eldar http://www.paulsongames.com/page/page/5879537.htm

Clearly fooled me. Pretty good sculpting though - I'll have to keep an eye on them.

Amazing how many little shops have sprung up to fill the holes in the GW line. Shows how much demand there is for these models. I wish GW would get on it and fill that demand themselves. Pretty amazing what a little work on the internet can net you these days.

Azazyll
22-03-2011, 01:42
Yeah, I mean the second :)

The "grotesques" pic is 'shopped. That doesn't mean it's fake: there are simply obvious "bad photoshopping" things: shadows that do strange things, the "horizon" line breaking behind the Grotesque, a strange color line between the body and arm of the same Grotesque...
So I don't know whether they are real or not, but...
Oh, and the thing that looked strange to me was the head's proportions: too long, isn't it? The artwork depicts Grotesques' heads more round, I believe?

It is a little off, but perhaps not photoshopped. there are a couple of other pics on Dakka Dakka:

http://www.dakkadakka.com/gallery/176296-Grotesque%203.html

I'd buy them if it was GW

Meckboy
22-03-2011, 01:54
It is a little off, but perhaps not photoshopped. there are a couple of other pics on Dakka Dakka:

http://www.dakkadakka.com/gallery/176296-Grotesque%203.html

I'd buy them if it was GW

Sorry,

That's Paulson Games again, nice model (not GW) though. Not that I mind, Paulson puts out some great miniatures.

The Dude
22-03-2011, 02:00
Cronos (http://www.salon.com/entertainment/movies/film_salon/2010/07/02/vampire_movies_twilight_fans_should_see/cronos.jpg)

Great flick IIRC.

Foxtale
22-03-2011, 02:40
I know everyone's saying that the second picture is some part of a Talos, but I just have a feeling that it isnt. If you look at the paint job of the first photo, you get an indication of how far in the photograph is zoomed because you can see the brush strokes. That, to me indicates a 25mm model. On the second photo, you have a similar quality, where there appears a limited level of detail in the brush strokes (highlighting) and the definition of the spikes which to me at least, suggests for sure a larger scale than the first picture but not the sort of scale Id expect from the talos. Im expecting that significant carapace segments on the talos will be of similar scale to the carnifex carapace; and with the level of detail of the rest of the Dark Eldar range, I would be surprised if such a large plastic component would be so featureless.

I agree that the second picture can't be a carapace. Either that, or Eavy Metal paint jobs are getting worse.They haven't even painted all the spikes properly. I agree it's a Talos arm, but it hasn't been painted very nicely.

The first looks like a Grotesque helm, but there are tubes in the bottom right that look weird. It can't be a Wrack: as has been said earlier, their heads are a lot more upright.

Torpedo Vegas
22-03-2011, 02:57
Sorry,

That's Paulson Games again, nice model (not GW) though. Not that I mind, Paulson puts out some great miniatures.

Damn your right, and damn, I can't seem to order any. Very cool looking.

WyandotteMike
22-03-2011, 05:45
Sorry,

Do you have a link? There's nothing on their site like these. They look pretty damn awesome to me!

Il Maggiore
22-03-2011, 08:33
Sorry,

Yes. I confirm that the pic i have posted is an handmade mini. My bad.

Sorry.

:(

Meckboy
22-03-2011, 11:38
Damn your right, and damn, I can't seem to order any. Very cool looking.

I would email Paul (he does post on Warseer I believe) and ask what their status is/was. paulsongames@hotmail.com

I believe he got hit by the GW C&D letter, as he has taken down all GW photo's from his site. His Tyranid bone swords are fantastic, the best I've seen.

Born Again
22-03-2011, 11:53
We are,

Excellent, I thought they were missing out on this wave to come later on.

in metal.

I know this has been done to death, and if the reliable rumour mongers say it I'll believe it, but I still find this disappointing.

N3p3nth3
22-03-2011, 13:43
Plastic Incubi passengers is more like it :(

I'm hoping that forge world does incubi and wrack passengers, if/when they can't be squeezed into one of the plastic sprues.

burning templar
22-03-2011, 18:40

I emailed him and he said they are available again as of today.

Endobai
22-03-2011, 19:01
Sorry,

So do I. We will se, but at least there is something to add variety to GW models thanks to your find. :)

Torpedo Vegas
22-03-2011, 19:46
I emailed him and he said they are available again as of today.

Confirmed, ordered two of em not 45 minutes ago.:D

Designer891
22-03-2011, 22:27
I saw they want $30 for one. That's a bit steep for such a small fig, unless I read something wrong.

Might as well wait for the real deal.

Edit: Oh its's on 50m base my bad...but $30 still seems like a lot for 1 fig. Even the Clawed Fiend isn't that expensive,

Meckboy
22-03-2011, 22:44
I saw they want $30 for one. That's a bit steep for such a small fig, unless I read something wrong.

Edit: Oh its's on 50m base my bad...but $30 still seems like a lot for 1 fig. Even the Clawed Fiend isn't that expensive,

Well, I'm not here to champion Paulson Games but; it looks pretty bad ass.
You could go Rat Ogre's but then you would have to convert them.

I'm on the fence, but looking at ten.

They are ball and socket if I recall correctly, that helps with the poses.

If I had a GW miniature to compare it to; other than the Talos picture; I could compare them more easily.

Deff Mekz
22-03-2011, 22:46
I've just been watching the youtube vids again and Jes commented that while Urien was very freaky, the new Haemonculi minis; "Might just unfreak him." So I guess that means we can expect some rather freaky models. :evilgrin:

burning templar
22-03-2011, 22:57
One of the guys in my gaming group got one back in january and it's a really cool model, I've been wanting to get one since then. They are a good sized model about the same height as a crisis suit or a dreadnought.

Azazyll
22-03-2011, 23:58

It's a lot more expensive for one person to make and sell models than the most dominant and wealthy company in the business. Despite all our complaining, GW actually makes models for a pretty good deal, considering there really isn't the market for mass manufacturing on the scale of Matel or Hasbro.

Torpedo Vegas
23-03-2011, 00:34

They're actually $25 bucks, it was mislabeled. I ordered two earlier today, got an email like half an hour ago with a $10 refund too. Still, $25 is expensive, but I doubt you'll need more than a few Grotesques, and those things look sick.

Designer891
23-03-2011, 17:50
They do look good don't get me wrong. I am just saying I will want to wait and see what GW ones look like before spending the money on this one.

I understand the sculpting costs more for a smaller company/person to make, but the end result is all the same. I want to get the best looking cheapest ones I can get, so I will wait. Not taking anything away from those models. I have plenty of DE still to paint so I have time to wait and see.

Be nice if some of these smaller companies/scupters made figs we are probably sure GW wont be making for a long time or ever like an incubi leader or wracks (since the GW ones will be metal we can mix them in) They would make way more money and have a longer life span of the figs....just my opinion.

@Torpedo: $25 is much better, $30 just seemed over priced to me.

Telesedrin
23-03-2011, 18:16
Confirmed, ordered two of em not 45 minutes ago.:D

Also confirmed. Just ordered 3. They are only $25, probably cheeper than GW will sell theirs.

Gobsmakked
23-03-2011, 19:30
Quick question, the 'Incoming' article said "Don't forget to keep an eye out for these exciting new releases (and finally discover what they are) by checking out White Dwarf and the website."

I assumed that they meant the April WD, but I know that some people have already received this issue. So, can someone please just confirm that there really is nothing about them in this upcoming issue and we therefore will have to wait until the May issue?

Thanks.

Arclight
23-03-2011, 19:36
It does look a lot like a Talos, which I find rather disapointing to be honest. Not because I don't want a plastic talos, but because I prefer the more scorpion-like talos, and this one appears to be very similar to the picture in the dex.

BramGaunt
23-03-2011, 19:41
Quick question, the 'Incoming' article said "Don't forget to keep an eye out for these exciting new releases (and finally discover what they are) by checking out White Dwarf and the website."

I assumed that they meant the April WD, but I know that some people have already received this issue. So, can someone please just confirm that there really is nothing about them in this upcoming issue and we therefore will have to wait until the May issue?

Thanks.

*confirm*

(...) and this one appears to be very similar to the picture in the dex.

Wait... and that surprises you?

Deff Mekz
23-03-2011, 19:43
I have the issue Gobsmakked, and I can indeed confirm there is nothing at all to do with Dark Eldar in the issue. :)

loveless
23-03-2011, 19:51
and this one appears to be very similar to the picture in the dex.

Which is roughly the unholy union of a scorpion, a lobster, and a Repo Man's surgical kit?

Arclight
23-03-2011, 23:09
Which is roughly the unholy union of a scorpion, a lobster, and a Repo Man's surgical kit?

That's one way to describe it :p Like I said I prefer the old one, but plastic beats metal so I'm just hoping for the best, it's too early to judge anyway.

ago syb
23-03-2011, 23:47
The newer picture in the dex looks like they just mated the classic talos with the current wraithlord imo. I'm really looking forward to it, I was about to start converting harlie wraithlords (because I love that model so much) as counts-as talos and I even took an expedition into sculpting for the grotesques, but that project's gone kinda cold turkey as I know the GW ones will put whatever I cobble together to shame.

Polaria
24-03-2011, 05:41

1st picture: The head of Wrack. See Codex: Dark Eldar p.19 the wrack on the very right of the picture. Even the angle of the neck is same.

2nd picture is, of course, from Talos. Probably the back plate or the tail... and of course the new Talos looks like in the 'dex. Did anyone really think that after all the visual changes made to other models from 2nd ed the new Talos would still be the old scorpion one?

Coldblood666
24-03-2011, 08:57
I hope the new Talos isn't on a flying stand like the old one. I really hate flying stands...

Zweischneid
24-03-2011, 10:04
I hope the new Talos isn't on a flying stand like the old one. I really hate flying stands...

Then.. um.. why are you playing Dark Eldar? :shifty:

Sephiroth
24-03-2011, 10:08
I really hate flying stands...

And you play Dark Eldar? :eyebrows: ;)

chaospantz
24-03-2011, 10:15
I dont have my book handy but the second picture looks like the back of one of the talos's hands just above the claw part. If the talos is plastic then i have to imagin that its on the new ball joint flying basses. I love those things, such an improvement over the old ones.

Coldblood666
24-03-2011, 11:50
Then.. um.. why are you playing Dark Eldar? :shifty:

I actually don't use any models with flying stands in the army. Foot-sloggers only please :D

Who knows though, the Venom may be too cool to pass up.

Azzy
24-03-2011, 15:25
Out of curiosity, is there any particular reason your dislike the flying bases?

MajorWesJanson
24-03-2011, 16:11

Maybe how fragile they are/were? The new ones are nice. Hope the Tau get their stuff recut to use the new ball joint flying bases.

Shatterclaw
24-03-2011, 16:14
Okay, I got this one..

three words.. Snap, crack crash.

a good eighty percent of the flying bases i have ever seen hit the table do the same thing during game play. They break.

Crack right in half either on the way to game during game or as some one breaths wrong in the generalized area.

Grant it, that might not be his reason for disliking them, but it's a good reason to view the little *&%$ with the venom they right have earned.

I've seen plastic speeder, jet bikes, (my own and others,) and Plastic ships ( Bfg ) snap and break for no reason. Were not talking the big metal models, but the light weight plastic ones. Were also not talking being heavy handed with them, just picking them up from the base and putting them down... and Snap crack and plop.. broken.

If there is one thing more embarrassing then having your model flight stand break when face your intended foe more then this issues, i don't know what it would be.

but that's just me.

and this was rather off subject.. Oh, i know.. Even with the new Dark Eldar and there niffy remolded ball joint, i plan on using metal tubing and magnets couplers from Magic ninja, it give you all the possibility of the little plastic ball joins, with out the snapping and cracking.

Shatterclaw
24-03-2011, 16:23
Not all Dark Eldar players like flying stands.

Not all Bfg players like flying stands, not all Eldar players like flying stands.
(Trying to think of another group that hates them.. ) Not all tau players like them.

Yes some do, A good deal more don't

by far, one of the most hated things that Gee Dub has given us, is the flight stand. More hated then the thirteen years waiting for a new codex.. more hated then Matt Wards Uber Marines or Grey Knights.. more hated then Thunder wolves.. Are the Flight base.

The snap they crack, they chip, they break.. they splinter, and there harder then hell do do any thing with like reshape or crave with a hobby knife. Yes, take a hobby knife to one and there quite tough, put them in a foam line tray in a foam lined box and gently set them down... they snap in two. The model wasn't even on the Littel *Censored* and it broke. Foam.. IN Cased.. didn't move, just broke.. after... Taking out to place on table..

True story.

And you play Dark Eldar? :eyebrows: ;)

eldargal
24-03-2011, 16:24
I've been replacing the plastic stalks with wire since I was nine.

Fletch
24-03-2011, 17:40
Magnets are the best solution to their poor design. Its all around a much nicer approach from storage to game than using some form of "hardpoint".

I used to use micro nuts and bolts (many moons ago) but that took a lot of work (drilling out the stem etc).

archont
24-03-2011, 17:47
I've been replacing the plastic stalks with wire since I was nine.

I took longer to wizen up, when I started 40k (7yrs) untill when I was like 11 I glued my flightstands to the models

True story, somehow I just felt it had to be that way

However, lately... I didn't have many snap, the supply is plenty... Why would anyone rage on flightstands? --> Butterfingers :D

Lone Gunman
24-03-2011, 18:10
Nice to see that some other armies besides Space Marines get some new toys. After all, GK will be out next month and DE will again have a hard time.

Jokaero!
24-03-2011, 18:24
I spoke to a redshirt today who had recently been to the studio who told me to expect two metal special characters, believing more than likely for them to be the Baron and the Decapitator; he cited these choices based on the fact there are pictures of them in the codex and was fairly confident on this. (I'm sure Decapitator rumours were flying round ages ago.)

I put salt on my fries but a rumour is a rumour.

adeptusphotographicus
24-03-2011, 18:53
Ya know most flying models fall over due to being top heavy.

one ultra simple solution avail to anyone is go to a hardware or DYI store. buy a small box of washers.. they need not be so thick, but the size I buy is just a hair larger around than a flying stand is. almost the same.
glue this washer to the base, and Viola! the base is now much heavier than the model so no more falling over, no more breaking.
you can lean them to quite extreme angles with out tipping.

Simple, easy..
try it.. costs only about $2 USD to buy enough for life.

PS. also useful for off balance models with out flying stands, those with large heavy weapons made of metal, leaning way over etc.. you get the idea.

ghost21
24-03-2011, 18:54
redshirts get told nothing of the sort (if managers and regional managers are in the dark why would red ones be exempt?)

on flying bases i don't use them i make terrain on normal round bases (or larger depending on what it is) and model them flying past , i turned a landspeeder into a land buggy though

AngelofSorrow
24-03-2011, 18:58
redshirts get told nothing of the sort (if managers and regional managers are in the dark why would red ones be exempt?)

you are wrong on that my time as a redshirt I was privy to some bits of knowledge Months in advance of even my manager it all depends on who you talk to.

"Ready for eternal war!"

Designer891
24-03-2011, 20:02
Like other people have stated, magnets solve everything, I even use a metal tool box to transport my army.

The new joint flying bases are huge improvement as well. I am not sure I would ever want a non transport DE army... kinda looses it's flavor and punch since your working with 5+, 6+ saves 90% of the time.

As for red-shirts, I have known a few, they all told me they don't get told anything for the most part. Maybe you were just special.

Sildani
24-03-2011, 20:55
It's possible, and the rationale that those two have pics, so they're getting done, is plausible.

I can't help but think that one or two of our rumormongers said that Malys was getting a mini, and the Baron was not. I hope this is the case.

Designer891
24-03-2011, 21:35
I'd rather have the Baron over Malys myself, but I guess the Baron would be easier to convert.

Shatterclaw
24-03-2011, 21:54
Because, they break. In the end they always brake.

there is no logic as to why, it could be a four ounce unpainted jet bike, and they break.

There is no rhyme or reason as to why they do so, they just do. Forge world Hunter class risen ship for bfg.. you can see where i am going with this, Right?

any way, small pet peeve. I could be wrong for the burning hate i feel for the little clear (*)*)(&*%^%#%$^*&)(+_)__+)_)*(^&$^%#^%(*!! but, seeing as i have meet a few other that have the same feeling, i think it might be more. May be the new ones that come with the Dark Eldar are different.

As to it being a balance issues, its not. If a light model is going to break the steam, why would i put any thing larger then a hunter class ship on a flight stand? That's is what a two part sliding brass rod rig is for. No, what vex's me about this, is Gee Dub knows it a problem and only ten years latter there slyly changing it. Till the new Dark Eldar models came out, how many of us knew there was a change in the flight stands?

I took longer to wizen up, when I started 40k (7yrs) untill when I was like 11 I glued my flightstands to the models

True story, somehow I just felt it had to be that way

However, lately... I didn't have many snap, the supply is plenty... Why would anyone rage on flightstands? --> Butterfingers :D

Shatterclaw
24-03-2011, 21:57
I believe it also been said that they will all get mini's, just not at the same time.

It's still not that bad, It dose look like we are getting 90% of the range before mid year. out side of Marines.. i do not think that has happened.. in recent history.

It's possible, and the rationale that those two have pics, so they're getting done, is plausible.

I can't help but think that one or two of our rumormongers said that Malys was getting a mini, and the Baron was not. I hope this is the case.

AllanG123
25-03-2011, 00:44
i really hope there is a venom, the one i kitbashed is horrific :(

Torpedo Vegas
25-03-2011, 00:56
i really hope there is a venom, the one i kitbashed is horrific :(
It cant be that bad, pics?

OT:
I don't think that the first picture is off Grotesques or Wracks, because, while the helmets look similar, Wracks and Grotesques are explicitly said to have metal face masks, the first picture looks like it's glass.

Rabid Bunny 666
25-03-2011, 01:20
I spoke to a redshirt today who had recently been to the studio who told me to expect two metal special characters, believing more than likely for them to be the Baron and the Decapitator; he cited these choices based on the fact there are pictures of them in the codex and was fairly confident on this. (I'm sure Decapitator rumours were flying round ages ago.)

I put salt on my fries but a rumour is a rumour.

Thats good to hear, gives me plenty of time to not finish my Malys before the nice new model replaces it.

Doppleskanger
25-03-2011, 03:09
Flying stands eh?

Take your triangular file and shove it into the hole on the base of your model and turn it around and around until the hole is a bit larger. Now when you insert the flying stand it won't fir onto the little thin bit that snaps, but the main shaft. Not only will this no longer snap, but the shaft will stick into the hole and stay there quite securely allowing you to pick up your model and move it without the base falling out.

Might not work on every single model, but on anything where you can open up the hole a bit and have room to shove the main shaft in this will work really well.

N3p3nth3
25-03-2011, 08:47
Sigh, of the special characters I'd hoped to field myself, the decrapitator and baron were at the bottom of the list. I'm sure a lot of people will be happy to see the baron, but I can't think of any reasonable use for the other one...

Polaria
25-03-2011, 09:04
Flying stands eh?

Take your triangular file and shove it into the hole on the base of your model and turn it around and around until the hole is a bit larger. Now when you insert the flying stand it won't fir onto the little thin bit that snaps, but the main shaft. Not only will this no longer snap, but the shaft will stick into the hole and stay there quite securely allowing you to pick up your model and move it without the base falling out.

Might not work on every single model, but on anything where you can open up the hole a bit and have room to shove the main shaft in this will work really well.

I've played dozens of games with 10 to 15 Destroyers on board and never had a single flying stand break yet. I don't glue the models to them and pack them separately in foam so the stalks are not subject to stress when packed. However, if one actually breaks I'll do what Doppleskanger here suggested.

Shishio
25-03-2011, 10:58
Sigh, of the special characters I'd hoped to field myself, the decrapitator and baron were at the bottom of the list. I'm sure a lot of people will be happy to see the baron, but I can't think of any reasonable use for the other one...

I just feel like you those two weren't my top choices... Drazhar and the Lady were what I really expected 1st, especialy since we have no idea aout how the Lady looks like.

eldargal
25-03-2011, 11:42
I really hope we get Malys, don't even take SCs but I'm all for more female SC sculpts.

I must say the new flying stands are excellent, I've not had any problems with the ball joint stalks. I've not bothered replacing them with wire.

N3p3nth3
25-03-2011, 12:05
I just feel like you those two weren't my top choices... Drazhar and the Lady were what I really expected 1st, especialy since we have no idea aout how the Lady looks like.

I was hoping for vect + duke, but expecting the baron + duke. So, my expectations of baron are validated, but, yeah...

And, I know, while I'm talking as if this was confirmed, I'm holding on to my salt shaker, red shirts not being the most reliable sources. :)

LonelyPath
25-03-2011, 12:49
I am still hoping for Baron and Malys, I never take stock in anything a red shirt says when it comes to things coming out.

frest
25-03-2011, 15:37
I really want to take the plunge on this army but until they release a plastic Venom I refuse. Scratch-building or kit-bashing a single centerpiece unit is fine, doing so for most of your army's transports is just retarded. I'd like to see the flyers as well, but the Ravager is a solid performer and already in plastic so that doesn't chap me as much.

Max_Killfactor
25-03-2011, 21:41
Flying stands eh?

That's what I do too. Been over 11 years with 8 raiders/ravagers and no breaks. :cool: