PDA

View Full Version : 2500 Dark Elf Beasts

Kirbinator
14-03-2011, 14:20
We all love Dark Elf beasties, right? Well I figured I'd get around to building a Monster Mash list full all of the beasties Dark Elves have to offer. I think it could be fun to give it a shot.

Dreadlord - Whip of Agony, Armor of Destiny, Ring of Hotek, Shield, Cloak, Black Dragon - 569
Master - Lance, Pendant of Khaeleth, The Other Trickster's Shard, Full Mundane, Manticore - 344
Master - Lance, Armor of Eternal Servitude, Dragonbane Gem, Cloak, Shield, BSB, Dark Pegasus - 205

20x Crossbowmen - Standard, Musician, Shields - 235
20x Corsairs - Handbows, Sea Serpent Standard, Musician - 240
25x Spearmen - Full Command, Shields - 190
5x Dark Riders - Crossbows - 110
5x Harpies - 55

Cold One Chariot - 100
Cold One Chariot - 100

War Hydra - 175
War Hydra - 175

Total: 2498

While I don't have a Wizard, tossing the Dragonlord with Hotek near an enemy's wizard should stave off some of the big scary spells unless they want to risk blowing themselves up even more.

The Manticore Master will try to hang back and act as a defensive assaulter. With The Other Trickster's Shard causing ward save re-rolls on both his AND the Manticore's attacks, he should be a pretty solid character hunter.

I haven't tried them out yet, but Frenzied Handbow Corsairs look like fun. Run up close to someone, unleash 40 shots, then Stand and Shoot another 40 as they charge in and they still get two attacks a piece in the front row at I5.

tmarichards
14-03-2011, 16:22
Split the xbows into 2 units.

If you have the pts to spare, either the Dragonbane Gem or the Dragonhelm would be a nice idea on the Peg hero- that way, the only thing he won't get a good save against is Killing Blow.

Kirbinator
14-03-2011, 17:46
Doh! Silly me. I paid for the gem but did not list it.

Also, why split the crossbows? I understand splitting fire can be handy, but it negates staying power. If I did, it would certainly save points since I would drop the shields and standard.