PDA

View Full Version : The Acursed Tree Army! (2000pts)

TheDrugLordX
26-03-2006, 18:35
Okay, so I've been inspired for a while to do a themed Forest Spirit army. I got all the fluff (or most of it anyways) worked out in my head, but I just havn't started writing anything down yet, therefore I havn't included any fluff in this thread.

So just say what you think about this army please:)

Wood Elves - 2000pts

--------------------------------------------------

Treeman Ancient - 350pts
-Annoyance of Netlings

Branchwraith - 140pts
-Magic Level 1, Resplendence of Luminescents

Branchwraith - 140pts
-Magic Level 1, Cluster of Radiants

9 Dryads - 108pts

8 Dryads - 96pts

8 Dryads - 96pts

8 Dryads - 96pts

8 Dryads - 96pts

8 Dryads - 96pts

8 Wardancers - 144pts

8 Wardancers - 144pts

4 Tree Kin - 260pts

7 Wild Riders - 182pts

Great Eagle - 50pts

Total: 1998pts
Model Count: 80
Power Dice: 4 (+2 Tree Singing)
Dispel Dice: 5

Your Mum Rang
26-03-2006, 18:49
Well not specifically a Forest Spirit list due to the WD but it's simlar to mine (I take 3 units of WD and one WR) and should do nicely.

Although magic might pose a problem as magic missles will slaughter the Dryads.

SuperBeast
26-03-2006, 18:50
The resplendence of luminescents is a waste of points - forest spirit attacks are magical to begin with...

And Wardancers really don't fit in. They're not forest spirits!

I'd combine a couple of the units of dryads together, too.

Lots of small units is good, but a couple of big ones work as well.

Krootman
26-03-2006, 18:55
I think you should drop the tree kin for another squad of wild riders and another eagle.

TheDrugLordX
26-03-2006, 22:52
Yeah, I noticed that magic could be quite a problem, that's why I have 5 DD. Not enough, but should be able to block one or two spells a turn at least.

The 4 PD I have allows me to atemp 4 tree singing spells with great chances of succeding, and since it's 4 spells/turn at least one should get through.

Oh, you're right on the luminescence thingy... I think I'll exchange it for that d6 poisond shooting thing at 6" instead.

Wardancers might not be forest spirits, but they are imune to psychology and have a ward save, which is, more or less, the same thing forest spirits have. And with my theme, I needed some combat troops other than dryads to represent a unit I've come up with - wardancers seemed like an obvious choice.

I think the Tree Kin will stay, as I want as much variaty I can get in this army list... Since the list more or less consists of dryads and dryads...

thx for your replies!;) continue the good work!:)

treesing
28-03-2006, 18:15
nice i like the contrast of trees and wardancers :)