PDA

View Full Version : 1000pts vampire counts, need help

Zixtyzeffen
16-03-2011, 11:00
Hello people at Warseer. So I am thinking of starting an vampire counts army. I have made an 1000pts army list and I would like to know if it is any good.

The list:

Heroes 25%

Vampire @195
The hand of dust, Avatar of death, Supernatural horror

Necromancer 55
Invocation of nehek

Core 34%

30 Skeleton warriors @ 260
Full command

10 Dire wolves @ 80

Special 21%

15 Grave guard @ 210
Full command

Rare 20%

Black coach @ 200

The vampire and Necromancer go with the skeletons, and the Grave gaurd are going to be a walking beside them down the middle of the table. The wolves and Coach are going to be used as flankers or to hunt down warmachines.

C&C would be appreciated. :)

ariochhelldrake
16-03-2011, 11:10
Ghouls generally work out better then Skeletons now with 8th edition where fear has a reduced effected (and even a failed fear test is better for Ghouls with WS3) unless of course you want the standard.
2 attacks with poison and toughness 4 is pretty decent too.
Id probably split the Direwolves into 2 units for warmachine hunting/wizard killing.
I would also swop the vampires items around he probably needs something to keep him alive for as long as you can, I might even consider a Vampire lord for the extra toughness and wound (though you can equip him much in 1k)

Zixtyzeffen
16-03-2011, 19:49
Tnx for your feedback.

Yes I took skeletons instead of Ghouls, I like the models better and i prefer to have an armor save instead thoughness 4 and one attack more. Also I intend to go up to 2000pts, then i would want to have 2 vamps in the unit of skeletons (60 skeletons) one with a blood drinker the other with a tomb blade.:)

I think I will split the dire wolves into 2 units of 5. Since the coach also has the vampire rule, the wolves can march next to it to get to the warmachines faster.

I know the vampire only has a 4+ armor save and no ward save... But he is in quite a big block of skeletons. And the Hand of dust seems really good in 1000pts games. A vamp lord 205pts seems like a big sink when you only have 1000.:)

Ferrous82
16-03-2011, 22:00
Statistically speaking, T4 is better than T3/5+ armor in almost all cases.
Against S2 attacks, T4 > T3/5+
Against S3 attacks, T3/5+ > T4, but only slightly
Against S4+ attacks, T4 > T3/5+.

Xynok
22-04-2011, 17:03
Statistically speaking, T4 is better than T3/5+ armor in almost all cases.
Against S2 attacks, T4 > T3/5+
Against S3 attacks, T3/5+ > T4, but only slightly
Against S4+ attacks, T4 > T3/5+.

In the OP the skellies don't have spears, so surely they'd be able to parry? I don't know if undead lose this ability though (I'm a skaven player, I'm looking at VC lists for a friend)

If they can parry, without sitting and working through the numbers I can already see S6+ attacks being better against ghouls than skellies. I'd like to know if they lose parry anyway.