PDA

View Full Version : 2250 Orcs and Goblins Tourny List

elfordminis
18-03-2011, 12:59
So I've had a chance to go through the book, and I've made this list for a tourny coming up soon. Want some feedback if possible.

Lords
Orc Warboss, Sword of Swift Slaying, Talisman of Preservation. General. 185
Savage Orc Shaman, Level 4. Lucky Shrunken Heads, Warrior Bane. 260

Heroes
Black Orc Big Boss, BSB, Encahnted Shield, Ironcurse Icon, Talisman of Endurance. 155
Night Goblin Shaman, Level 2. Dispel Scroll. 110
Night Goblin Big Boss, Great Weapon. 34

Core
27 Savage Orc Big 'Uns (6x5 Shaman joins), Additional Choppas, Full Command. 332
34 Orc Boyz (5x7 Warboss joins), Shields, Full Command. 273
38 Night Goblins (5x8, NG Characters join), Musician, Standard. Netters, 2 Fanatics. 229
5 Goblin Wolf Riders, Short Bows. 55
5 Goblin Wolf Riders, Short Bows. 55
Special
19 Black Orcs (5x4, BSB joins Unit), Shields, Full Command, Banner of Eternal Flame. 292
Orc Boar Chariot, Extra Crew. 90
Rare
Doom Diver
Rock Lobber

Jazzaar
18-03-2011, 14:26
I like your list.
I am not sure how that goblin big boss will work for you though. never had much luck myself with them. but for 34 points the extra attacks and str is always welcome :)
I normally dont run short bows on my wolves personally though. Just not enough punch for me. I have run spears before that worked well when charging war mach crews and what not.
Have you thought about replacing the one orc chariot for 2 goblin chariots?
I normally run by boyz with Add Choppas over shields. The extra attacks make me smile :)

Other then that I like what you did. Big fan of SoSS on your warboss... Always Strike first :)
The lucky shrunken heads will help alot with keeping your big'uns around if you get roped into combat against something you would rather not be fighting
I see your game being won with the black orcs and the big uns. Make sure to keep that fanatics as far away from them as possible. But all and all a nice looking list
Make sure to post how you did in tourney

tjat_42
19-03-2011, 14:31
Only two ideas:

Swap Talisman of Protection for Armour of Destiny to get extra save and find the points for a normal shield.

I'm not a fan of expensive command, so would have less of that, mostly the musicians. Maybe lose the champ in the night goblins if the Big boss is taking the challenges for the shaman. Gets a few extra black orcs.