PDA

View Full Version : Idea about lootas that will hopefully surface

'IllBillyOrk
18-03-2011, 23:28
I have had an idea about Lootas since i first read about The War of Dakka between Orks and Tau...with all of that lootin' dont you think lootas should be able to upgrade to higher AP weapons (i.e. AP 2 or even 1) but they loose the D3 shots and are all gets hot!

Just curious on some other Ork players thoughts to this

Nurgling Chieftain
18-03-2011, 23:45
...Take flash gitz?

'IllBillyOrk
19-03-2011, 00:27
No i got that idea i am talking about some actual long range tank/termy killing power that isnt as questionable as the Shokk Attack Gunn...but yea i have used those to a very great affect...i guess i was just wondering bout almost turning lootas into long range custom mega blastas or something

Nym
19-03-2011, 01:36
They should have an option like this yeah. Just like before actually...

3 weapon options : either the "autocannon", or a lascannon substitute, or some form of heavy bolter.

Bring back lootas. :(

Bigbot
19-03-2011, 02:04
I think a squad of 10 with D3 S7 shots are already powerful enough. Might not be high AP but amount counts.

though I would suiggest maybe adding rending as an option for going against armour

Dribble Joy
19-03-2011, 12:32
Orks have a lack of 'quality' anti-tank/2+ save ranged capacity, almost as a defining characteristic of the army.

Lootas are a general ranged unit, but very good at being one.

Dealing with 2+ general best comes by throwing dice at them. PKs are our anti-tank.

LonelyPath
19-03-2011, 14:14
What self respecting Warboss would be so cowardly as to hang back and let big guns do all the work for him? He'd soon be lynched by the boyz for being a coward and not letting them rush forward and start hacking the enemy to pieces like it should be according to tradishun! Orks have never been the best are ranged warfare and the current codex displays that brilliantly.

Bigbot's idea for rending on their deffguns makes the most sense though, it's something that would work and be orky in that respect since it's a random element.

Dribble Joy
19-03-2011, 14:36
Rending's an unnecessary and hamfisted bandaid solution and would make lootas proposterously powerful.

As for beating face, sluggas are unfortunately less effective and less flexile than shootas. Orks can do ranged and are actually verygood at it. Orks aren't explicitly a combat army, but a low quality, high quantity force that can perform in just about any ranged/combat ratio.

theJ
19-03-2011, 15:19
Basically want the "Beamy Deffgunz" from DoW2, eh? (they're kinda like Lascannons)

As others have pointed out, the lack of "propah'" ranged options is fairly iconic of the Orkz, and slapping better gunz at them might end up removing a bit of their character...

Slapping MOAR gunz on 'em is just fine, though :)

Irondog
19-03-2011, 16:55
Personally, I agree with Nym. I miss the 'old' Lootas, back when their weapons were actually, ya know, looted. They were very characterful, having the option to take the weapons of a Space Marine Devastator squad, and the 'Oops, sorry mate!' rule inflicting a hit on the mob when you rolled a '1'.

Having a mob with 4 Plasma Cannons was hilarious to watch. They could lay down the pain if you rolled well. But when the ones came up... it was like mushroom cloud of plasma going off. Funny as hell. :D

'IllBillyOrk
19-03-2011, 20:01
Awesome thanks for the insight ya'll. Yea i heard about the old Looted weapons sadly i didnt start playing until 5th ed so i only got wats out ther now. Appreciate yalls input and i understand bout it not sounding very orky. I do like the idea of rending on a side note i figured that would have been something for 'Uge Choppas as opposed to adding +2 to Str, which don't get me wrong, I have used to great effectiveness against nurgle based deamon/CSM lists

Baaltor
19-03-2011, 21:19
Orks have a lack of 'quality' anti-tank/2+ save ranged capacity, almost as a defining characteristic of the army.

Lootas are a general ranged unit, but very good at being one.

Dealing with 2+ general best comes by throwing dice at them. PKs are our anti-tank.

Now I'm just a simple chaos sorceror/chosen of Tzeentch/scion of darkness, so my ork might be a bit rusty. Regardless I'll try and keep this in your terms.

Oi thinkz dat da fakt dat you boyz doesn't get none ov 'em 'igh AP shootas doesn't make a lotta sense as we 'ummies puts it. Wiffout killy shootas you doesn't get any of da stuff to be killy at range, an' you should be able to do dat. Fing is, even if yer has dem good shootas, you still isn't a good shoota. Oi mean, a 1/3 chance ov 'itting somefing? Dat's not too bad for us, it's not likek you could load up on 'em shots too much lottas not being troops. Maybe bringin' da ap an da stength down would werk?

Ow, my throat. Anyhow, I don't think that it'd be a game breaker you guys to have slightly better weapons in the ranged departement, and I'd love to see lootas with lascannons (10 shots, 1 hit=sad trombone moments where everyone has a laugh).