PDA

View Full Version : 1.5K MSU Chaos (all sorts)

MarcoPollo
26-03-2006, 22:34
I have been using this as an MSU army and wonder what you think about its cheese levels. I use some mutations and always ask if it is ok. I have never had a problem.

General: Exalted undivided -- Wings, great weapon

wargor of Tzeetch: staff of Darkoth, dispell scroll, heavy armor.

wargor of Tzeetch: BSB -- Vitrolic totem (poision), bestial visage (cause fear) heavy armor.

3 screemers of Tzeetch
5 steeds of slaanesh
4 chosen knights of chaos undivided -standard bearer only with warbanner.
25 marauders with hw/shield/light armor (full command).
Beastherd-- 8 gor/15 ungor-- Champion, musician.
5 marauder horsemen -- champion, musician
2X5 warhounds of Chaos

It gives me a great amount of flexibility and with three things that move 20". It can hit hard, and absorb some nasty cavalry charges. Plus it can duke it out with even the most hardened troops in an atricious type style.

Comments/advice/opinions?

Pravus
27-03-2006, 12:16
Mutations? Eh? Were they published in WD or something?

Given that they probably require opponent's consent there is no way in nine hells I'd let you field a flying chaos character with a great weapon. The alternatives for doing this would either cost you loads of points for a dragon mount, require you to have shadow mages (my modus operandi) or be a Tzeentch character on a disk. I'm guessing a wings mutation costs nothing like any of those options. Even a Book of Secrets costs and is risky.

Other than that, its a bit mini-maxed but not exactly abusive. If you're interested in making it fluffy I'd include more beastherds/bestigor given that you've got more beast characters than mortals and maybe a character with the mark of Slaanesh to account for the otherwise seemingly random inclusion of mounted daemonettes (which are what I'm guessing you mean by "steeds of slaanesh")

MarcoPollo
27-03-2006, 14:45
Well the mutations were published in the Chronicles 2004. They are not some hidden little treasure from White Dwarf but a flying chaos character is pretty nasty I must admit. But I have put wings on him (old terradon wings) and did a very disciplined and elaborative paint job on it. It is still only an exalted hero and the wings cost 45pts.

Perhaps some furries instead of the demonettes and then beef-up the Chaos knights would seem less min-maxed.

ROCKY
27-03-2006, 15:23
Well the mutations were published in the Chronicles 2004. They are not some hidden little treasure from White Dwarf but a flying chaos character is pretty nasty I must admit. But I have put wings on him (old terradon wings) and did a very disciplined and elaborative paint job on it. It is still only an exalted hero and the wings cost 45pts.

Perhaps some furries instead of the demonettes and then beef-up the Chaos knights would seem less min-maxed.
What chronicles? Is there a way that I can purchase it? or do you have a link?

MarcoPollo
27-03-2006, 15:49
I don't know where to find it now. I bought it when it came out at our store in 2004. It contained somethings in there besides just mutations. The picture on the front is of Boris riding his warbear.

Some of the mutations were:
For any mark: Wings -- 45 pts (fly); Extra-arm -- 20pt (I think); Tentacle (20 pts I think); Bestial visage (character causes fear -- 15 pts);

Slaanesh: conjoined familiar (40 pts -- character becomes a level 1 mage); Helshriek (something about every sorceror suffers a miscast 55 pts),

Nurgle: Massive Bulk (+T -1Movement) can't remember the points.

There were some some other stuff and each mark had about 3-5 mutation each. They take up magic item points but are not considered magic items for the sake of BSB's and spells affecting magic items.

They add that extra dimension to the chaos characters that the regular lists miss. As I have shown, I like the wings and the bestial visage.

I don't think there too cheesy, compared to some of the Cheese that I have seen others write down. SAD armies and Steam Tanks, Pikemen, (insert your most loathed item here) are just as, if not more cheesy than a pair of wings on 4 Str 7 attacks. But if people are going to whine about me not playing with them then I usually have another list written without the mutations. But, like I have said, I have never had anyone moan about using them in a game.

ROCKY
27-03-2006, 18:10
I don't know where to find it now. I bought it when it came out at our store in 2004. It contained somethings in there besides just mutations. The picture on the front is of Boris riding his warbear.

Some of the mutations were:
For any mark: Wings -- 45 pts (fly); Extra-arm -- 20pt (I think); Tentacle (20 pts I think); Bestial visage (character causes fear -- 15 pts);

Slaanesh: conjoined familiar (40 pts -- character becomes a level 1 mage); Helshriek (something about every sorceror suffers a miscast 55 pts),

Nurgle: Massive Bulk (+T -1Movement) can't remember the points.

There were some some other stuff and each mark had about 3-5 mutation each. They take up magic item points but are not considered magic items for the sake of BSB's and spells affecting magic items.

They add that extra dimension to the chaos characters that the regular lists miss. As I have shown, I like the wings and the bestial visage.

I don't think there too cheesy, compared to some of the Cheese that I have seen others write down. SAD armies and Steam Tanks, Pikemen, (insert your most loathed item here) are just as, if not more cheesy than a pair of wings on 4 Str 7 attacks. But if people are going to whine about me not playing with them then I usually have another list written without the mutations. But, like I have said, I have never had anyone moan about using them in a game.
Come to think of it I think I did read something of the sort, was ther not a breath weapon as well?

MarcoPollo
27-03-2006, 19:38
I'm not too sure about a breath weapon, maybe. Tzeetch had some pretty neat ones too.