PDA

View Full Version : Idea for a comedy diorama

zantis
20-03-2011, 08:57
Here's the idea:
2 parts:
1: a space wolf rune prest kneeling on the ground casting JotWW and a carnifex falling in.
2: the carnifex landing in a tumbled heap in some underground cavern. On the other side of the cavern are a great unclean one, a tau battlesuit, an ork nob, and a necron immortal. I'd put a peice of plasticard shaped like a speech bubble from comics above the great unclean one's head and have it say "Hey man, join the party"
The others are off to the side: the nob is chugging a barrel of beer as the necron and battlesuit chant "CHUG, CHUG, CHUG, CHUG...."

In case you didnt get the reference, all of the things in the cavern are I2 or I1 thus likely targets of JotWW.

Tell me what you think, crazy and hilarious or stupid and pointless

ShodansOwn
20-03-2011, 09:11
I like the thought put into it but I'm not sure if, as a joke, its funny enough to justify that level of effort.

My own maybe-funny diorama idea (that will probably never be realized): A bunch of IG guys digging through a fridge and pantry of someone's house, searching for all manner of cakes, cookies, icecream, etc.

Tallarn Dessert Raiders.

RunepriestRidcully
20-03-2011, 09:24
a few years back I had an idea of doing a park on fenris, with space wolves walking fenrisian wolves, (getting pulled by the wolves, dragged along, having to use pooper scoopers, stop them from fighting etc) though after the new codex, I have though about Either modelling a Space wolf on guinea pig, or just taking a photo of a model on one (An actual guinea pig is the right size, if only I could train them to move at certain times, cheap Thunderwolf calvelry :P) After the new Grey knight codex, perhaps have a grand master on his knees, shouting to the sky "why, why hath thou forsaken us Emperor?"

scar face
20-03-2011, 10:03
I was thinknig about doing a diorama comedy based on the 'Imperial Guardsmen Uplifting Primer' which details guardsmen as amazing and enemies as a variety of funny and pathetic entities, so I'd have a lone guardsman or somethings facing a fleeing army, taking killing shots at it.

scar

Bold_or_Stupid
20-03-2011, 12:25
Me and my friends want to do one based on the idea that terminators don't fit in rhinos.

An Imp Fist Terminator Captain (maybe Lysander) stuck in the side door of a rhino his squad (and friends and relatives) are in line trying to pull him out.

Inside the rhino the squad who it belongs to are drying towels on his legs.

It essential that the stuck termie has a red tabard.

Basically Winnie the Pooh stuck in Rabbit's door :)

ehlijen
20-03-2011, 12:58
A guardsman chasing after a genestealer that's running off with his denim pants.

Castigator
20-03-2011, 13:15
Here's the idea:
2 parts:
1: a space wolf rune prest kneeling on the ground casting JotWW and a carnifex falling in.
2: the carnifex landing in a tumbled heap in some underground cavern. On the other side of the cavern are a great unclean one, a tau battlesuit, an ork nob, and a necron immortal.

Tau Suits, being Jump Infantry, are free to ignore JotWW I believe.

Shamana
20-03-2011, 13:17
@ OP - sounds fun

Here's another idea: a grot, commissar, tyrannid warrior and a chaos space marine playing cards. The grot has a big pile of cash, tyrannid symbiotes, weapons, hat and a greatcoat in front of him, and the rest are almost naked :D .

scar face
20-03-2011, 13:26
@ OP - sounds fun

Here's another idea: a grot, commissar, tyrannid warrior and a chaos space marine playing cards. The grot has a big pile of cash, tyrannid symbiotes, weapons, hat and a greatcoat in front of him, and the rest are almost naked :D .

That's awesome.

Shamana
20-03-2011, 14:06
It will be, but we should find a way to get a Sister of Battle on the table, too ;) . Maybe Repentia body with average sister head... but having everyone seated could be a pain.

MikeyB
20-03-2011, 14:30
A guardsman chasing after a genestealer that's running off with his denim pants.

This wins ^_^

scar face
20-03-2011, 14:48
^ It's old.

Nomrana Est
20-03-2011, 15:30
^ Maybe old, but still funny. Loving the Grot idea too.

Vampiric16
20-03-2011, 15:43

You mean like this? ;)
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222464&highlight=Jean-stealer

Shamana
20-03-2011, 15:46
Heh, so someone actually made a Jeanstealer diorama joke? Nice :) .

ehlijen
20-03-2011, 16:10
Wow, I had not seen that before :D

zantis
20-03-2011, 16:57
Tau Suits, being Jump Infantry, are free to ignore JotWW I believe.

You're right about crisis suits and stealthsuits, but broadsides are just infantry.

Souleater
20-03-2011, 17:04
I think a squad of marines from the infamous Codex: Homebrew Marines could be amusing.

Ryan814
20-03-2011, 17:05
I had an idea for my Iron Warriors, I was going to convert my defiler to hold up the end of an Imperial fists rhion and use green stuff to change the demon face on the front to look sad. Underneath the diorama I wanted to put a plaque that read "Iron within?"

'IllBillyOrk
20-03-2011, 19:31
Thats hilarious...i got told my redneck orks were a comedy diorama everytime i pull them out to play a match..they all have dirty blue overalls have green stuff to make it look like they got chewing tobaccoo in ther mouth with spit stains on ther chins...they got red painted on the back of ther necks and im in the process of making all the weapons look like shotguns or blunderbuss. If i wasnt in afghanistan id upload a picture so hopefully when im on R&R ill post some up if people are interested. Oh and just add a Harlequin as a joke and have her in the corner crying while everyone is laughing at her.

silence
20-03-2011, 20:23
@OP yeah it sounds funny, but I think a Harlequin crying (^) in the corner would finish it off nicely!

TheRatsInTheWalls
20-03-2011, 20:37
@OP yeah it sounds funny, but I think a Harlequin crying (^) in the corner would finish it off nicely!

Yeah, that's what the idea was missing.

Norsehawk
21-03-2011, 00:52
An army of Orks... with mullets

As someone mentioned before a scene out of the Uplifting primer would rock. The idea that came to mind was the guardsman bayoneting the Ork that only comes up to chest high on the guardsman.

Sildani
21-03-2011, 06:12
Have an Ork or Grot eating a banana. Have little banana peels litter the ground behind him. Then have a collection of Eldar laying on the ground, each with a peel underfoot, and a Wraithlord in the act of slipping on one.

Call it "The Fall of the Eldar".

carldooley
21-03-2011, 09:34
I wonder if a line of guardsmen fidgeting outside of a bathroom stall waiting to use the Golden Throne has been done to death?

Overlord Krycis
21-03-2011, 10:58
I wanted to do a diorama of Draigo and a Daemon Prince...suffice to say it would get me banned from here and Golden Daemon if I ever did it, but it would be freaking hilarious.
I suppose I could censor it with a Tetley's teabag ;)

magicmonkey
21-03-2011, 16:29
my plan is to have an ork kommando sneakin' up on a guardsman. and a scout sneaking up on the kommmando. and a ranger sniping the scout. and a lictor about ot eat the ranger. and a stealth suit team about to shoot the lictor. and snikrot about to knife the stealth suits.and some fire warriors about to shoot the stealth suit. and the changeling sitting on a rock laughing. and marbo holding a detonator to a det pack beneath the changeling.

scar face
21-03-2011, 16:54
I wanted to do a diorama of Draigo and a Daemon Prince...suffice to say it would get me banned from here and Golden Daemon if I ever did it, but it would be freaking hilarious.
I suppose I could censor it with a Tetley's teabag ;)

Why would it get you banned?

scar

ago syb
21-03-2011, 16:58
I think if you combined "The Fall of the Eldar" title with the Harlie crying in the corner of the JotWW victims' cave we may have a winner. I haven't seen plasticard chat bubbles before! They may get in the way, depending on how comic book style your painting is :P

RunepriestRidcully
21-03-2011, 17:12
a shadowed figure standing above the mutilated bodies of an Ultramarine, a blood angel and a Grey Knight, whilst doing some kind of desecration to the Grey Knight (painting chaos runes on it perhaps?) whilst a model for each faction is running from it, apart from a farseer,a Thousand Son sorcerer and sister of battle who are pushing a necron lord infront of the monster, whilst the necron is trying to run, with a caption "we can't stop him now, lok what he did to the Grey knights, if we sacrifice you iit may buy enough ime to save the rest of us" no prises for guessing what this is based on.
Slightly more funny, perhaps have a space wolf and a black templar playing piggy in the middle with a ultramarine, throwing a copy of the codex to each other over the ultramarine perhaps?

bocaj
21-03-2011, 18:47
Why would it get you banned?

scar

I think the hint is in the word teabag ;)

Sildani
21-03-2011, 21:00
Okay, I'm probably dumb, but what's funny about a Harlequin crying in the corner? What's this a reference to?

Dvora
21-03-2011, 21:48
I play Vampire Counts in fantasy. Paint your Lords in brighter colors, then fleck sparkles upon their skin. Watch the rage :D

nagash42
21-03-2011, 22:10
Okay, I'm probably dumb, but what's funny about a Harlequin crying in the corner? What's this a reference to?

i think it's the fact that he failed his I test lol

TheConverter15
21-03-2011, 22:36
my plan is to have an ork kommando sneakin' up on a guardsman. and a scout sneaking up on the kommmando. and a ranger sniping the scout. and a lictor about ot eat the ranger. and a stealth suit team about to shoot the lictor. and snikrot about to knife the stealth suits.and some fire warriors about to shoot the stealth suit. and the changeling sitting on a rock laughing. and marbo holding a detonator to a det pack beneath the changeling.

I would pay to see this done :D :D :D

'IllBillyOrk
22-03-2011, 03:07
to Nagash yea thats y i think they have an In 7 or something...just thought it be funny since everything else in the diorama has a base in of between 2-3 lol. I like magicmonkey diorama

The Orange
22-03-2011, 03:39
I like the the OP's plan, a bit abstract but it'd still look funny even without understanding the low I part. I think though it wouldn't hurt throwing in some other things to make it funny. Things like references to other movies, games, etc. that's fit in the cave theme. Like a specific 7 dwarf miners (Snow White), or some Fremen from Dune.

bocaj
22-03-2011, 21:54
The low initiative thing is because jaws of of the word wolf basically r**** low I models, great unclean ones, carnifexes, necrons etc... and the harlie would be funny as they have high I

Scaryscarymushroom
22-03-2011, 22:34
I was laughing by the end of part 1. The Carnifex's expression (Can a 'fex look surprised?) as he fell in to a big gap could be priceless!

The rest would be too much effort for a light chuckle.

TheConverter15
22-03-2011, 23:05
I was laughing by the end of part 1. The Carnifex's expression (Can a 'fex look surprised?) as he fell in to a big gap could be priceless!

The rest would be too much effort for a light chuckle.

Carnifex - "SON OF A HIVE QUEEN!!"

Doppleskanger
22-03-2011, 23:14
An imperial guard firing squad trying to execute an armored enemy and the commissar shouting at them to try again whilst they are all staring at their lasguns and looking confused

Vampiric16
22-03-2011, 23:25
Incorporate the JotWW theme into the bridge of khazad dum scene. YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!

Overlord Krycis
24-03-2011, 05:05
I think the hint is in the word teabag ;)

Yup...however it might get me mentioned in White Dwarf...;)

"An entrant to Golden daemon had to be removed along with his abomination of a diorama" :D

Incorporate the JotWW theme into the bridge of khazad dum scene. YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!
Oh...my...god...I need Rune Priest Gandalf now!

bocaj
24-03-2011, 23:21
I think GW would keep that one a bit of a secret :P. But would be funny to see the faces of the judges lol.