PDA

View Full Version : Cauldron of Blood/Crossbowmen DE

Dionide
20-03-2011, 12:29
My friend, and another friend have stated that the +1 attack given by the Cauldron of Blood to his crossbow men allow him to fire his repeater crossbows twice, or 4 shots apiece in one round of shooting. My thought is that it would only give him additional close combat attack, but they beg the differ. The idea is confusing to me since as a Wood Elf player I have to take a 35 point magic bow to fire as many shots as I have attacks. I thought I'd tap Warseer for a bit of information. Rules, or a page in the BRB I can show him would help immensely!

Thanks!

~Dionide~

ariochhelldrake
20-03-2011, 12:50
+1 attack only affects hand to hand (melee) combat, number of attacks bears no relation to the number of shots fired with the exception of the Bow of Loren. Only the Multiple shots or other special rule lets you fire more then once.
Page 40 WRB 3rd paragraph "Note that the number of attacks a model has will not affect the number of shots-each model can fire only once" and rules for multiple shots on page 73

tmarichards
20-03-2011, 16:49
It gives you +1 attacks, which has nothing to do with the number of shots you fire. That is entirely dependent on the weapon being fired.

samuel44
20-03-2011, 18:17
I've never seen anyone trying to pull this trick. He's completely wrong, tell him to read the rules.