PDA

View Full Version : Concept Nurgle horde

Latro
27-03-2006, 08:24
In my never ending quest to put my dust-gathering un-used pile of models to good use, I decided to go for a warrior-heavy Nurgle infantry horde.

... and after a bit of ranting, this is what I came up with:

Sorcerer of Nurgle (lvl1), 2 scrolls
- riding Chariot of Nurgle

Aspiring Champion of Chaos, some mundane equipment
- leading Warrior regiment

Aspiring Champion of Chaos, some mundane equipment
- leading Warrior regiment

12 Chosen of Nurgle, full command
- halberd and shield

16 Warriors of Chaos, full command
- hand weapon and shield

16 Warriors of Chaos, full command
- hand weapon and shield

(note: solid wall of steel, preferably used to dominate one flank and in close support of eachother)

Herd (5+15), Foe-render and musician
- extra hand weapon

Herd (5+15), Foe-render and musician
- extra hand weapon

(note: cheap fodder, can screen, moves fast, able to take out enemy sneaky march-blockers, kill enemy support units)

4x Beast of Nurgle

(note: catch enemy combat units and keep them locked until my combat units arrive)

1x Nurglings

(note: had points to spare, look funny)

That's a completely new army for me to play with and it will cost me about nothing. I'm up to my neck in warriors anyway, the herds will be made from a mix of a warrior (Foe-render), Marauders (the Gors) and Zombies with Chaos bits (Ungors). The Beasts of Nurgle will be conversions from my overloaded bits-boxes, the characters I allready have and the Chariot will need a new colour.

... and yes, I know large Marauder units will be better and more cost-effective. But since they are not allready lying payed-for on my desk, they are not an option.

Any comment very welcome though!

:cool:

Pravus
27-03-2006, 09:23
You're going to need masterful timing and an eye for distance to make the most of this. It'll take quite some time to manouvre into striking distance and you've no "reach" during that time - your single, level 1 sorceror is obviously to provide magical defence. I would have thought you'd be better off with an aspiring champion in the chariot to provide a us5 flanking unit that can dish out a lot of pain instead of the sorceror.

I predict wood elves in particular will be incredibly difficult to beat although any army that is mobile or has shooting (or both) will cause you a lot of trouble.

On the other hand though, I like the feel of the army - its got that inevitability of decay that a Nurgle army should have. Yes it'll take a while, but it'll get there eventually, and when it does. Almost zombiesque in its fatalistic lumbering

Latro
27-03-2006, 15:58
On the other hand though, I like the feel of the army - its got that inevitability of decay that a Nurgle army should have. Yes it'll take a while, but it'll get there eventually, and when it does. Almost zombiesque in its fatalistic lumbering

That's the thing I'm looking for ... there is no escape! :)

I know the inherent weaknesses of a slow "elitish" infantry army, but that's what I'm going for anyway. I am interested to know however if the set-up of my infantry is the most effective I can get with using mainly Warriors, or if there are better ones.

... fewer bigger ones?

... going more MSU style?

One advantage Warriors have, even relatively small units look large and intimidating due to their base and model size ;)

:cool: