PDA

View Full Version : grey knights dreadnougth

VirtualSniper
22-03-2011, 19:05
I want to start a Grey Knight army and was wondering of the space marine venerable dread would be a better fit to represent the Grey knigth dreads than the regular space marine dread? I don't want to order from forgeworld nut want my dread to have a grey knight feel to it.

what do you think? what kit will you use for the grey knight dreads?

blackraven
22-03-2011, 19:07
i use the forge world dread stuff it just looks a lot better, but yea for i cant see why not tbh

bigcheese76
22-03-2011, 19:14
I personally use a normal dread with lascannons for my grey knights. The only problem you may have using the Venerable dread, is that there is a venerable in the new book, so you will need to differentiate.

theJ
22-03-2011, 22:00
I'd go for the Ven-dred myself (assuming you don't want to use BOTH the normal and the ven in a single battle, which could cause a little confusion), although I'd be sure to replace the "head" with a spare Grey Knight head when putting it together :)

Grimtuff
22-03-2011, 22:06
I'd go for the Ven-dred myself (assuming you don't want to use BOTH the normal and the ven in a single battle, which could cause a little confusion), although I'd be sure to replace the "head" with a spare Grey Knight head when putting it together :)

That, and leave off all of the UM battle honours, unlike the GW studio. Unless your GK's really want to be Ultramarines.... ;)

Meckboy
22-03-2011, 22:39
I want to start a Grey Knight army and was wondering of the space marine venerable dread would be a better fit to represent the Grey knigth dreads than the regular space marine dread? I don't want to order from forgeworld nut want my dread to have a grey knight feel to it.

what do you think? what kit will you use for the grey knight dreads?

As said above,

The Venerable Dread is an awesome kit. You might also look at the Blood Angels Librarian Dread (FURIOSO), tad $$, but mixing the two kits would look awesome.