PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some Lore Novels

Rogzor87
23-03-2011, 01:29
Heya Everyone. I just checked the GW website and didn't see or couldn't tell.

Are there any Necron, Stormtrooper, Fleshtearer or Grey Knight Novels?

FarseerMatt
23-03-2011, 01:55
There is a trilogy of Grey Knight novels by Ben Counter (Grey Knights, Dark Adeptus, and Hammer of Daemons), the first of which was my favourite 40K novel for quite some time.

Rogzor87
23-03-2011, 02:21
There is a trilogy of Grey Knight novels by Ben Counter (Grey Knights, Dark Adeptus, and Hammer of Daemons), the first of which was my favourite 40K novel for quite some time.

Will have to look into that.

So are there any books based around Necrons, Flesh Tearers or Storm Troopers? Preferably Necrons or Flesh Tearers. I would like to read/learn more about them.

Israfael
23-03-2011, 02:35
Will have to look into that.

So are there any books based around Necrons, Flesh Tearers or Storm Troopers? Preferably Necrons or Flesh Tearers. I would like to read/learn more about them.

Dead Men Walking is out at the moment, and it features Guard versus Necrons. You then also have the upcoming Fall of Damnos for Ultramarines versus Necrons.

I'm not very fond of the Guard, so I can't really suggest any worthwhile novels for them.

As far as I know, the Flesh Tearers haven't had a novel about them, specifically, aside from them being in the Swallow novels about the Blood Angels, Red Fury and Black Tide.

-Loki-
23-03-2011, 02:50
For Guard novels, the Ciphias Cain and Gaunts Ghosts novels are the best out there.

Culgore
23-03-2011, 03:59
Read Dead Men Walking at your own risk... not very good imo. Hellforged is a Souldrinker novel featuring the Necrons.

SockMonkey
23-03-2011, 05:09
Reading Deadmen Walking right now, its ok thus far but nothing spectacular. I dont think there are any fleshtearer books, so ya not that I know of. Guard? lots of guard books, some good and alot bad. I really liked the Tallarn book, and the Gaunt books over all are good. There is a Storm Trooper book that was a fun read ummm *looks it up* "Redemption Corp". I guess the one thing I can say about 40K fiction is dont expect life changing books. Just read the thing and dont worry about it.

Favorite GK book - Ben Counter - only ones I know of
Favorite IG - Gaunts first three I think were my favs. check out the first 2 omnibus's and you cant really go wrong. Also Double Eagle and the first 3/4 of Flesh and Iron
Favorite ST book - I think there is only one and it wasnt bad.

shadowhawk2008
23-03-2011, 08:21
Heya Everyone. I just checked the GW website and didn't see or couldn't tell.

Are there any Necron, Stormtrooper, Fleshtearer or Grey Knight Novels?

Necrons - Hellforged, a Soul Drinkers renegade space marine novel, fifth in a series I believe. Fall of Damnos - soon to be released Ultramarines novel, stand-alone. Dawn of War:Ascension and Dawn of War:Tempest - Blood Ravens space marine novels, part of the Dawn of War omnibus. One of the Ciaphas Cain books features Necrons as well.

Stormtroopers - Ghostmaker, Gaunt's Ghosts second novel, part of the first omnibus.

Flesh Tearers - Red Fury and Black Tide, Blood Angels novels. Very good.

Grey Knights - Grey Knights, Dark Adeptus, Hammer of Daemons and the short-story Sacrifice in Victories of the Space Marines.