PDA

View Full Version : Favourite God for your WOC?

Rosstifer
23-03-2011, 15:41
Title says it all. In terms of Playability, Look, Theme and Fluff which is your Favourite?

Papa Nurgle for me. I love painting Green, and IMO a Nurgle army looks the best on the tabletop. his fluff is just cool (Lord of Plague?! Bada$$!) and I like the protection granted by his mark too.

His magic lore is also pretty solid.

Alathir
23-03-2011, 15:56
My favourite of the Dark Four is Nurgle also. I find him the most compelling as he is one of the few gods that someone can turn to not because they find his power enthralling, or greed for the gifts they will be granted but rather because they believe in their despairing minds that they absolutely no other choice. It's that complete and utter hopelessness that drives people to Nurgle which I find the most compelling.

Also, the page in the Liber Chaotica that is dedicated to how Nurgle believes the world will end is extremely well written and very chilling. Just reading that alone could make a convert out of most people.

loveless
23-03-2011, 15:58
Slaanesh.

Not the greatest choice rules-wise, but he's a lovely mix of everything that's wrong and right with people.

That and I'm kind of a sucker for black and pink.

dragonet111
23-03-2011, 16:08
Tzeentch for me. Love the magic and mutation. The Power Through Change motto. When I started one of my first big miniature was a Lord of Change, it's still one of my favorite miniature.

You say your favorite is Nurgle now I understand why you don't like Tzeentch :D

Rosstifer
23-03-2011, 16:13
Indeed, sorry if it seemed I was having a go at you before.. At least us players haven't forgotten it wasn't always a cosmic tea party. On that note, accept the slow decay of everything. Nurgle wills it so. Kind of wish we could still use Greater Deamons in some way shape or form, I still have a Great Unclean one back from Hordes of Chaos.

Also, I talk to a lot of people who assume it's Khorne and Tzeencth who are worst enemies. Is this because of the magic thing?

ashc
23-03-2011, 18:16
Tzeentch looks particularly popular in 8th due to the magic and the survivability of their blocks of warriors.

RTGamer
23-03-2011, 18:20
For a background and looks point of view it is hard to look past grandaddy Nurgle. Nothing better than a unit of plagueridden marauders hacking and slashing you to death whilst infecting you with some virus so even if you do live it won't be for long!

Lordsaradain
23-03-2011, 20:21
Khorne followed by Nurgle.

Khorne because I'm a fan of melee carnage, Nurgle because of the conversion opportunities.

ShurikenSerpent
23-03-2011, 20:30
Well, ain't that the million dollar question? And the reason why my warriors remain undercoated but unpainted.

I would love to fully-paint a brutal-looking bloodsoaked Khorne army.
I would love to tart up a slinky, silver, shiny Slaanesh army.
Nurgle warriors just look so damn *****, it's great.
And, of course, I use Tzeentch. A LOT.

Add to that I'm so old-school I can't even contemplate mixing marks, and what do I do?

What do I do?!

Goldenwolf
23-03-2011, 23:10
Tzeentch, or Tchar :)

I like the background info on this one.

For painting looks, Khorne looks awesome on the table, Black, Red and Brass look great.

I like Tzeentch or Nurgle for Magic.

BigbyWolf
24-03-2011, 02:23
Tzeentch, although I run a Chaos Lord, not a Level 4 Sorc.

Peregijn
24-03-2011, 06:02
Khorne for me.
rules wise: i like to count attacks
fluf wise: i always think that the warriors of khorne have some kind of dark honour. they dont decieve they Yell ther intentions and charge.

dragonet111
24-03-2011, 08:13
Indeed, sorry if it seemed I was having a go at you before.. At least us players haven't forgotten it wasn't always a cosmic tea party. On that note, accept the slow decay of everything. Nurgle wills it so. Kind of wish we could still use Greater Deamons in some way shape or form, I still have a Great Unclean one back from Hordes of Chaos.

Also, I talk to a lot of people who assume it's Khorne and Tzeencth who are worst enemies. Is this because of the magic thing?

I probably over react sorry.

Rosstifer
24-03-2011, 09:18
@Dragonet111. Were we just civil... and polite... on the Internet?!

theunwantedbeing
24-03-2011, 09:28
Khorne - everyone always has enough combat ability, more is excessive
Tzeentch - character's dont need 3+ wards
Nurgle - it doesn't give +1 toughness or +1 wound anymore, it's not proper nurgle :P
Slaanesh - does almost nothing, and is an excuse to paint your stuff in loud obnoxious colours

I prefer to go with the older "perversion of everything" view of Slaanesh, rather than the newer "pink sex and boobs" view GW takes nowadays.

Rosstifer
24-03-2011, 09:33
Also, if most Slaanesh armies I've seen are anything to go by, it's an excuse to sculpt Breasts on everything. Which can be traumatizing on the Plastic Giant -Shudder-

StormCrow
24-03-2011, 09:35
Tzeentch for me

As a god it always embodied the true heart of chaos for me. The anarchy, scheming, plotting, and sheer paradoxical nature of the gods is nicely summed up by what tzeentch represents.

If I'm being honest though the real reason I like Tzeentch most is I always thought it's demons looked the coolest, so much so that I have 30 of the old horrors sitting in my miniature cabinet despite not collecting demons as an army...yet.
I maintain that I liked Tzeentch before 8th when everyone started taking 3+ ward tzeentch lords, cause I'm like totally original...man :shifty:

Rosstifer
24-03-2011, 09:44
You could use Horrors as Marauders maybe? Or perhaps *snort* Fo... Fors...Forsak... I can't even say it, it's such a silly idea...

Morkash
24-03-2011, 09:51
Nurgle/Onogal for me. The Lord of Decay just fits perfectly in the background and his fluff is one of the best in Warhammer, The Lost and the Damned and Liber Nurgle to name two. In reasons of game play he is nice, but more importantly Nurgle armies look awesome on the field and on the 40k side of the hobby there exist alot of lovingly converted and determined mono Death Guard armies.

My sores weep with joy when I read about our dear grandfather...

Edit: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5018025&postcount=156 This. Lord Lucifer said it 10 times better than I ever could.

Earthbeard
24-03-2011, 18:56
Nurgle all the way, but I am a Nurgle Fanboi, I even give stuff that shouldn't marks of Nurgle - I'm funny like that :P

Lorcryst
24-03-2011, 20:34
Nurgle for me too, my previous warband (Hordes of Chaos era) was a mix of Tzeentch Daemons and Nurgle Mortals/Beasts, now I have two smallish armies, of Nurgle (WoC and DoC) ... dunno what'll do with my Beasts ...

Morkash
24-03-2011, 20:40
Make them Marauders or Chosen? I use Pestigors as Nurgle Chosen. :)

Rosstifer
24-03-2011, 23:52
I tend to mark everything that can be marked with Nurgle. It's not that practical, but hey, pick a theme and run with it.

Slayerthane
25-03-2011, 00:01
The most Norscan god in WHFB...ULRIC!!!

sulla
25-03-2011, 01:16
I tend to mark everything that can be marked with Nurgle. It's not that practical, but hey, pick a theme and run with it.Good for you. Anyone that picks marks for fluff instead of powergaming gets my vote for king of the interweb!

Personally, I always liked daemon prices over the big gods; especially when GW started hyping the chaos gods as big emotional clouds. I liked the idea of greedy mortals dealing with deceitful princes for power.

Flash Felix
25-03-2011, 03:57
Time and finances mean I don't have a Warriors army yet, but when I do....

Firstly, Slaanesh. I like the 80's pastel colour schemes, and would like to recreate that. Not very effective maybe, but mono-Slaanesh would be a cool army to have.

Secondly, Khorne. If I ever had the time and money for a second Warriors army, it'd be pure-Khorne. No magic, just Knights and Warriors and Marauders and Ogres. I'd get murdered in the magic and shooting phases, but that's just Khorne testing his faithful.

I guess I stopped reading about Chaos at 'Realms of Chaos: Slaves to Darkness'.

Bodysnatcher
25-03-2011, 08:44
I play Tzeentch daemons -so Tzeentch is my natural god of choice. But, for warriors it has to be Khorne. They turn the kill amp up to 11!
Plus Khorne Chaos knights are one of the last bastions of truly lethal heavy cavalry. And Khorne Halberdiers are just bonkers!

Colonel_kex
25-03-2011, 08:57
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!
I don't need to tell you why, just look at my bucket full of dice!

closely followed by tzeench, because whatever happens i can just sit back in my chair with a devious smile while wispering to my opponent: "just as planned...

And Khorne Halberdiers are just bonkers!
I dare you to say that to their face :p... bonker.. pfft

Gav2k
25-03-2011, 13:18
While I don't collect anything Chaos, I do have a certain fondness for Tzeentch. Which is weird, because I'm not a particularly huge fan of Magic in general, but Tzeentch makes it cool.

"Whats that? You want to fly around on a metal bin lid? SHAZAM MUTHA-BROTHA! FLOATING DISC OF GARBAGE-DISPOSAL-FACILITY!
What dude? Your arms ain't killy enough!? SHAZAMALAM BROFIST - YOUR ARM IS NOW DIAMONDS!
Huh? You wanna kill stuff!? NO FOO-, FLOWERS WHEREVER YOU WALK!"

He's the ultimate embodiment of Chaos. He doesn't need to explain his randomness, he just does stuff for pewps and giggles.

Plus he's blue. Blue's cool.

Also, I should note - if I did collect Chaos, I would theme it Tzeentchy regardless of whether it was competative or not.

VenomBlood
26-03-2011, 00:13
Slaanesh
Because I like to paint glamourous Chaos Worriors.
Oh, and not to forget about hornless helmets.
But for knights only I prefer Tzeentch, dont know why, TBH

Rosstifer
26-03-2011, 00:26
My Nurgle don't have horns. they all have Veiled hoods, sculpted so you can't see their faces. I have some vague fluff about them all being blind and seeing through the thousands of insects that host their rotting bodies. Don't ask me how that works.

GenerationTerrorist
26-03-2011, 00:37
Tzeentch :-)

I just love the whole "I don't need to explain why I've just turned you into a frog" sort of thing that he embodies. Tzeentch is the true mad essence of Chaos.

On the plus side, I was using a Mono-Tzeentch army before MoT suddenly became the bomb in 8th Edition with the blocks of 3+/5+ Warriors! Which makes me cooler than all the uppity upstarts of late.

Danny_D14
26-03-2011, 02:21
Papa Nurgle, just the fact he's a jovial big deity wins me over :)

reddevil18
26-03-2011, 17:40
voted tzeench
And why does everyone think khorne and tzeench hate its other so much?
I thought khorne and good old papa nurgle were immortal enemies?

dragonet111
26-03-2011, 18:42
All Chaos gods hate each others

Between Tzeentch and Nurgle it's even worse because Tzeentch is all about hope and Nurgle is about despair, they have totally different philosophies that's why they hate each others so much.

Same story for Khorne and Slaanesh

Jack of Blades
26-03-2011, 19:24
I like Slaanesh and Tzeentch equally but if I had to choose to follow one of them, it would be Tzeentch. I'd use Khornate followers as tools and Nurglate/Nurglous (:confused::p) followers as meat shields.

Earthbeard
26-03-2011, 19:26
Make them Marauders or Chosen? I use Pestigors as Nurgle Chosen. :)

I use them as marauders with GW :P

Quinn
26-03-2011, 19:43
Khorne..I love painting them and a Khorne army looks awesome on the table. I also like the simplicity of charging forward and bashing your opponents head in! Glory on the battlefield is where it's at...but if I want to actually win my games..well, that's another story.

andyg2006
26-03-2011, 19:49
Gotta be the followers of The Pleasure God:
1) I like old-school Slaanesh so I use pastels, 'cos pastels and pale/soft colours rock.
2) Plus, they never run away from scary stuff; they just throw themselves headlong into battle, heedless of the consequences.
3) Mr Slaanesh...she's great!

moartiki
26-03-2011, 22:54
Im personally in love with Nurgle, pretty much for the lore, they make him seem like a loving grandfather gifting his children with diseases, also negative modifiers to hit in close combat are pretty sweet too :D

nagash66
26-03-2011, 23:04
Necoho, the Chaos God of Atheism.

So he hasnt been mentioned for a long long time, and even back then he wasn't mentioned allot, he still the best dammit .

Private_SeeD
27-03-2011, 05:48
I'll have to vote for Nurgle, if I ever got around to making a WoC army it be Nurgle with a small fussion of Khorne. Also I love Nurgle's SC Festus

Chainaxe07
27-03-2011, 10:41
Well, the only chaos god i can vaguely tolerate is Slaanesh, and only when his demons are strange but decent looking (daemonettes) rather than plain ugly (non FW KoS). When o do play WoC, however, i use the MoT on my obviously Slaaneshy general, just because it's way better and because i can!
:D

Woodsman
27-03-2011, 11:21
I went for Nurgle, although I do like a bit of Tz as well.

I'm surprised, I've never played a mono Tzeench army and have played more Khorne themed than any other, I thought Khorne would be out in front. I mean yeah its one dimensional but people seem to love their skulls.

snyggejygge
27-03-2011, 19:00
Khorne, both because I love the way the army looks (Brass, some black & some red, don't overdo the red though), & because I love the fluff, not to mention that the mark is great on troops (but for characters Mark of Tzeentch is best imo).

Ajax of Khemri
28-03-2011, 06:18
Necoho, the Chaos God of Atheism.

So he hasnt been mentioned for a long long time, and even back then he wasn't mentioned allot, he still the best dammit .

I joined this sub-forum just so I could spread my non-praise of Necoho the Doubter! And yes, for those of you wondering what we're nattering on about, Necoho (http://whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Necoho) is indeed part of the canon.

Something Rotten in Kislev is one of the best damn RPG supplements ever penned.