PDA

View Full Version : Empire hordes, how do they fit in?

Deathbysoup
23-03-2011, 15:17
Hello all

Ive just started playing fantasy and ive noticed that hordes are now quite an important part of gameplay.

What I want to know is where do empire fit in?

Ive started thinking a horde of Swordsmen and Halberdiers with detachments of handgunners.

Anybody thought or used this to great effectiveness?

TonyFlow
23-03-2011, 16:53
I think the concensus at the moment is that halberdiers are the only ones worth deploying as a horde, while swordsmen are better in bus formation for prolonged steadfast.
Also, remember a warrior priest with the halberdiers.

Malorian
23-03-2011, 17:27
TonyFlow has it all.

Greatsword also made an awesome elite horde.

ariochhelldrake
23-03-2011, 18:45
Halberdiers or Greatsword Horde with Warrior priest for Hatred rerolls.
A beast lore wizard with default Wissans Wildform can also buff up these hordes considerably.
Detachments on Hordes take up a lot of room on the board, are all deployed at once and lose most of the benefits if the main unit leg it into combat ie Handgunners want to stand still whilst combat units most likely want to get into combat so loosing the detachment rules anyway. This of course depends on your tactics as well.

Okuto
24-03-2011, 00:58
halberds with priest or greatsword horde....though I'm old school and take blocks of swordsmen. Plus I refuse to have barefoot soldiers

Use lore of life and your blocks all of a sudden become very powerful

A block of 40-50 halberds won't do you bad though...flaggies aren't half bad hordes either, you require less models to horde them....though flaggies are just subs if you lack the greatswords