PDA

View Full Version : Very scarce rumour for september

R3DM0H4WK
26-03-2011, 03:58
According to a rumour Floating around my local gamesworkshop, staff members are claiming a super heavy release in september whats also got my attention about this rumour is they said it to be a Generic mars warhound titan at roughly 100, Now! before people go bezerk on my ass this is a very scarce rumour and i was wondering if people could look further into the issue and find out if there is any truth in it?

AlexHolker
26-03-2011, 04:03
Store staff are not a reliable source of rumours. From what has been said in one thread, they are encouraged to lie to drum up interest.

R3DM0H4WK
26-03-2011, 04:11
Yeh thats what i was afraid of but still its nice to hope as he's been a reliable source in the past

The Marshel
26-03-2011, 06:08
hmm, 100 pounds seems alot. significantly cheaper then forgeworld though.

baneblades comparing at 61 pounds, which according to gw, is 160 bucks aussie, that puts this warhound at maybe $250 aust if ur right.

glad i buy purely from waylands now

it'd better have all the weapon options if it happens, just saying

battybattybats
26-03-2011, 07:22
Mars pattern Warhound?
In plastic?
Cheaper than FW?

I'd buy that and i'm a Tyranid player!

Sergeant Uriel Ventris
26-03-2011, 07:25
Mars pattern Warhound?
In plastic?
Cheaper than FW?

I'd buy that and i'm a Tyranid player!

I'll buy one and I haven't played 40K in over 6 years.

KarlPedder
26-03-2011, 07:54
I really would have hoped any new super heavy would be for like one of the 8 armies that don't have one rather than a 3rd Imperial one....

Shinigami
26-03-2011, 08:44
altough id rather have a thunderhawk,

iam sure ill buy 2 warhounds to join my FW titans :D

hope its true, but like its been said, we internet wanderrers know more then store staff most of the time...

Vogon
26-03-2011, 09:24
It's been rumoured on and off since before the baneblade was released. I have no doubt that it will come at some point but this September?

I think that GW have been doing a lot better on keeping a lid on stuff so I'm not sure we'd get anything concrete this far out especially from a GW employee. Still here's hoping...

Thanks for the rumour

Cheers

Vogon

stevegill
26-03-2011, 13:04
I really would have hoped any new super heavy would be for like one of the 8 armies that don't have one rather than a 3rd Imperial one....

But it would tie in to the occasional rumour of a Mechanicus codex and the recent rumour of a new codex

(though I feel the GK codex will do very nicely for Mechanicus)

Ironhand
26-03-2011, 13:20
If they did release a plastic warhound I would certainly buy at least one. $175 US (100 pounds) sounds about right pricewise, and signficantly cheaper than FW.

eldargal
26-03-2011, 14:04
According StraightSilver, Jes Goodwin ruled out AdMech in their conversation during a cigarette break at Warhammer World. So it wouldn't really tie in with that.

We still have a rumoured plastic Eldar superheavy to be released, too. Perhaps we will see a joint release, assuming there is any meat on the bones of this rumour.

But it would tie in to the occasional rumour of a Mechanicus codex and the recent rumour of a new codex

(though I feel the GK codex will do very nicely for Mechanicus)

Raibaru
26-03-2011, 15:09
This seems a bit too random. We know the theme is fliers this year, it seems odd that they would have room for a large scale plastic titan when they've already launched 3 variety of marine, dark eldar, the rumored harpy, the DE/E fliers, and likely a marine flyer.

I call shenanigans. And the price is a bit absurd even for GW. Far superior kits of similar scale with far more variety and detail from other manufacturers to think a $150 titan is feasible.

MajorWesJanson
26-03-2011, 16:01
I'd think Thunderhawk before Titan. And Lucius pattern before Mars.

MikeyB
26-03-2011, 16:23
glad i buy purely from waylands now

Sorry to go off topic but have i missed something about waylands? Some of the stuff they have seems to be MORE expensive than the GW stuff O.o Why would i buy from them if its less from the source? :wtf:

Inquisitor Engel
26-03-2011, 16:28
A Knight I can see... a Warhound though? I'm skeptical.

Hicks
26-03-2011, 16:54
My birthday is in September!!!!

MajorWesJanson
26-03-2011, 16:57
Sorry to go off topic but have i missed something about waylands? Some of the stuff they have seems to be MORE expensive than the GW stuff O.o Why would i buy from them if its less from the source? :wtf:

Exchange rates. It may be more in GBP, but far cheaper than the converted price from the source in AUD.

MikeyB
26-03-2011, 17:00
Exchange rates. It may be more in GBP, but far cheaper than the converted price from the source in AUD.

AH! Now that makes much more sense! Tah :)

Inquisitor Kallus
26-03-2011, 17:06
Isnt it a big thing in the new 40k MMorpg........

Patriarch
26-03-2011, 18:10

Costing more is for direct only (or FW) items. Wayland offer the service to their customers who want it, but are quite open about it costing more (they pay full price to GW for those items). I guess it's worth it if you combine an order with regular stuff, or if FW have sold out of a particular model.

For most GW stuff they give a discount. If this rumour is true, (let's hope it is) I imagine 3rd party retailers would give a discount, but would have limited stock. The same thing happened with the Fortress of Redemption.

daemonicemission
26-03-2011, 18:19
According to a rumour Floating around my local gamesworkshop, staff members are claiming a super heavy release in september whats also got my attention about this rumour is they said it to be a Generic mars warhound titan at roughly 100, Now! before people go bezerk on my ass this is a very scarce rumour and i was wondering if people could look further into the issue and find out if there is any truth in it?

Is this a rumor or a question

eyescrossed
26-03-2011, 18:30
Is this a rumor or a question

Is this a question or a statement?

philbrad2
26-03-2011, 18:57
With nothing concrete on this and the fact there's an awful lot of wishlisting going on its off to 40K GENERAL, feel free to pick up the discussion there.

May i add there may be more than one 'Apocalypse sized unit' coming along in 2011 :shifty:

PhilB
:chrome:
+ =I= + WarSeer Moderation Team + =I= +
WarSeer Posting Guidelines (http://www.warseer.com/forums/faq.php?faq=rules#faq_posting_guidelines)
The WarSeer FAQ (http://www.warseer.com/forums/faq.php)
The WarSeer Moderation/Posting/Forum guidelines (http://www.warseer.com/forums/faq.php?faq=the_forums#faq_rules)

Kervin
26-03-2011, 19:03
Well, if there is more than one 'Apocalypse sized unit' odds are good that one will one maybe Imperial :evilgrin:

Danjester
26-03-2011, 19:13
I heard two years back from the FW guys in the pub after Salute that the main holdup with the plastic Warhound was NOT sprue count, but rather GW refusing to give the sculptor a credit on the box and a refusal to sign off on the project until that was changed.

Make of that what you will.

Shipmonkey
26-03-2011, 19:55
A Knight I can see... a Warhound though? I'm skeptical.

Why be skeptical? A Warhound is not that much larger than a Stompa, which already has a kit. And it's another multi-use kit for them. If the leave the internal skeleton on seperate sprues from the exterior armor plating, it would be simple for them to first release a Imperial Warhound first and then, if the demand exists, release the kit again with Chaos themed armor plating sprues. Prettty much the smae thing they did with the Baneblade/Shadowsword kits.

Dead7
26-03-2011, 21:19
it seems like it would be tough to transport a 100 pound model. if they do make this thing im sure it will weigh less than that.

niceguyteddy
26-03-2011, 21:57
it seems like it would be tough to transport a 100 pound model. if they do make this thing im sure it will weigh less than that.

Is this a serious post?

MajorWesJanson
26-03-2011, 22:04
Why be skeptical? A Warhound is not that much larger than a Stompa, which already has a kit. And it's another multi-use kit for them. If the leave the internal skeleton on seperate sprues from the exterior armor plating, it would be simple for them to first release a Imperial Warhound first and then, if the demand exists, release the kit again with Chaos themed armor plating sprues. Prettty much the smae thing they did with the Baneblade/Shadowsword kits.

the torso of the Warhound is about the same size as the baneblade. Plus 2 more arm weapons possibly, and the hips and legs. At least the legs are the same so they could duplicate that/those sprue(s) easily.

Of course, no matter what weapon options (2-4 of the total) are in a warhound kit, people will whine that they have to buy two to get the twin turbolaser Warhound, and GW is trying to steal their money :rolleyes:

Dead7
26-03-2011, 22:06
yes, why wouldnt it be? (http://img.bestmemes.com/pix/cats/pokerface.jpeg)

Inquisitor Kallus
26-03-2011, 22:06
the torso of the Warhound is about the same size as the baneblade. Plus 2 more arm weapons possibly, and the hips and legs. At least the legs are the same so they could duplicate that/those sprue(s) easily.

Of course, no matter what weapon options (2-4 of the total) are in a warhound kit, people will whine that they have to buy two to get the twin turbolaser Warhound, and GW is trying to steal their money :rolleyes:

Ha haa, so true.

Achaylus72
26-03-2011, 22:20
Ok it is a rumour and all rumours need to be dealt with a dose of salt.

Having said that, it seem ironic that i have been hearing persistant rumours about a GW take over from FW and releasing FW product as GW product.

This was at least 12 months before the Baneblade release.

It seems if this is true, then this is an Apocalypse expansion.

Looks like my Chaos Army is getting a couple of Titans.

TheConverter15
26-03-2011, 22:29
I hope this rumour is true, I'll be picking up one at least if it is!

Commotionpotion
26-03-2011, 22:49

+1 to this.

Simple fact is, any plastic super-heavy kit is going to need considerable outlay to pay for the steel molds.

Ergo, it is generally a good idea to make stuff that can reliably pay for itself, preferably quickly. That means that initial releases are probably going to have an Imperial theme.

The Stompa was more of a gamble than the Baneblade, because a Stompa only really goes with one army, whereas a 'Blade can reasonably turn up in half a dozen.

However, the other objective for making the Stompa was almost certainly to experiment with making a convincing 'humanoid' armature at that scale. After all, tanks are just angled boxes of varying size.

A Warhound makes perfect sense for a super-heavy release. Moreso than a Thunderhawk. A Thunderhawk potentially sells to all SM players. A Warhound potentially sells to all IMPERIAL players. And, as a land-based machine, is easier to work into games than a flyer.

R3DM0H4WK
26-03-2011, 23:25
In my opinion what would probably happen is a generic kit so the armour plating is smooth with Chaos and Imperial Decals.

otakuzoku
26-03-2011, 23:48
the thing is why dousent every army have at lest one big model like bane blade or stompa. and or one flyer like the Valkyrie.
the body should be simple enough. but i could see problems with the legs

MikeyB
27-03-2011, 00:21
Tbh if the released any of the Eldar super heavies in plastic I'd have to change my trousers ^_^

TheConverter15
27-03-2011, 00:46
In my opinion what would probably happen is a generic kit so the armour plating is smooth with Chaos and Imperial Decals.

Or instead of decals we could have symbols like that in the Baal kits, i.e plastic symbols you glue on.

WOOHOO its my birthday in september too mwahahaha

enygma7
27-03-2011, 01:05
Tbh if the released any of the Eldar super heavies in plastic I'd have to change my trousers ^_^

Tbh, if your waiting for this before you change your trousers I hope they release one long before september :p

carldooley
27-03-2011, 01:40
This seems a bit too random. We know the theme is fliers this year, it seems odd that they would have room for a large scale plastic titan when they've already launched 3 variety of marine, dark eldar, the rumored harpy, the DE/E fliers, and likely a marine flyer.

I call shenanigans. And the price is a bit absurd even for GW. Far superior kits of similar scale with far more variety and detail from other manufacturers to think a $150 titan is feasible.

actually, fliers was LAST YEAR! this year, why not superheavies? it is only a matter of time until they release a flier for eldar and DE, and I would love to see a plastic warhound kit. If it comes with a plasma blastgun I'll get one to build a shadowsword*.

*edit - sorry, meant stormblade. doublechecked my copy of IA Apoc.

MikeyB
27-03-2011, 01:46
Tbh, if your waiting for this before you change your trousers I hope they release one long before september :p

Its'ok i'm going to change them first when i see the price of the phantom :D

AlexHolker
27-03-2011, 06:31
A Warhound makes perfect sense for a super-heavy release. Moreso than a Thunderhawk. A Thunderhawk potentially sells to all SM players. A Warhound potentially sells to all IMPERIAL players. And, as a land-based machine, is easier to work into games than a flyer.
The difference is that a Thunderhawk is an iconic part of a Space Marine army and interacts with its troops, a Warhound just fights next to your army.

econtutor
27-03-2011, 06:48
The difference is that a Thunderhawk is an iconic part of a Space Marine army and interacts with its troops, a Warhound just fights next to your army.

And if either of them dropped this year I would buy it. Heck, I've been waiting to buy a plastic warhound since I first started playing!

MajorWesJanson
27-03-2011, 06:55
A Thunderhawk potentially sells to all SM players. A Warhound potentially sells to all IMPERIAL players. And, as a land-based machine, is easier to work into games than a flyer.

GW is seeming to push fliers into the main game, and will likely add them in the next edition of the main rules. Battle Missions even has a scenario for a Thunderhawk, but none for a Warhound.

The Thunderhawk is far more Iconic than a Warhound. The Thunderhawk, Land Raider, Power Armor, and Bolters are the four signs of Marines. Warhounds are awesome, but they also look quite a bit like ED-209 and other similar robots and walkers.

Right now, the only Imperial Faction that could use a Warhound but not a Thunderhawk is IG. The rest of the books are Marines, or Sisters of Battle with Inquisitors who can use them. And Guard players have their Baneblade and Shadowsword.

Thunderhawks also work for Chaos (also Warhound, sure) and Orks (They have the Stompa instead of a Warhound).

Design work, the Thunderhawk is somewhat easier, as it if far more integrated into the design elements of existing kits. Quite a bit could easily be taken from other models- Side doors and sponson heavy bolters, just use the Land Raider mounts and make heavy bolters that fit on Land Raider posts. Wing Heavy Bolters? Razorback mounts with a fitting to hold them in upside down. Main gun? Identicle to the main gun of the Shadowsword. Cockpit crew and insturments? Expand on work done on the Stormraven and Land Speeder crews. Missiles and mounts? Steal them from the Valkyrie.

You could make the Thunderhawk customizible too, letting it take different sponson and wing guns, just by trading them for parts from Land Raiders and Razorbacks. Assault cannons on the wings? Las Cannons or Hurricane Bolters on the sponsons? Easy to swap in, model wise, and would push those kits for parts.

A warhound would be starting from scratch, compatibility wise.

Lord of Divine Slaughter
27-03-2011, 10:35

The stuff that is more expensive from Waylands, is the stuff that is GW Direct Only, which you generally won't be able to get through online retailers.

AlphariusOmegon20
27-03-2011, 16:44
the thing is why dousent every army have at lest one big model like bane blade or stompa. and or one flyer like the Valkyrie.
the body should be simple enough. but i could see problems with the legs

The legs aren't an issue either, since the Dreadknight and Sentinel both share some of the properties of similar design idea with the Warhound on the leg issue. The legs actually would be the easy parts to do. The curved carapace on the back would be the hardest part, and they've already beaten that issue with the Stompa.

TheConverter15
27-03-2011, 18:04
Someone said that they heard it wass going to be the wolf or jackal pattern so there would not be the issue of a curved carapace. In my opinion it looks better to.

Dvora
27-03-2011, 21:06
I believe we'll see a warhound sometime, though I do think it'd be before a thunderhawk, since the Warhound can be for all imperial armies.

AlphariusOmegon20
28-03-2011, 03:27
Someone said that they heard it wass going to be the wolf or jackal pattern so there would not be the issue of a curved carapace. In my opinion it looks better to.

Honestly, I've never liked the look of the Lucius pattern Titans. Too blocky for my taste.

I prefer the cleaner lines of the Mars pattern.

But then again, I play Chaos, so I should like the Mars better.

Dvora
28-03-2011, 05:13
I prefer the cleaner lines of the Mars pattern.

But then again, I play Chaos, so I should like the Mars better.

Same here, it doesn't look like a weird diesel truck/lego combination.

Kervin
28-03-2011, 05:43
I really don't care for the Mars Pattern it seems to curvy for an imperial vehicle.

herostoaces
28-03-2011, 07:25
Any pattern warhound would be great to see come out of gw. Sorry to side track but is the TYRANID HIEROPHANT BIO TITAN body an exoskeleton? If it is size wise the weight of the exo would crush the bug under its own weight.

eyescrossed
28-03-2011, 11:39
Any pattern warhound would be great to see come out of gw. Sorry to side track but is the TYRANID HIEROPHANT BIO TITAN body an exoskeleton? If it is size wise the weight of the exo would crush the bug under its own weight.

Fluff-wise? Addressed in the Apocalypse book. Imperial biologists aren't sure how they can even move.

Achaylus72
28-03-2011, 12:11
As far as Chaos is conconcerned the Reaver Pattern Titan looks better as it has that Chaos Look, but i also think that the Warhound Scout Titan looks as good in Chaos Livery.

Castigator
28-03-2011, 12:22

Assuming Earth-like gravity and Earth-like density of the athmosphere (above water that is)?

Assuming size-to-mass/weight ratios and/or density of biological constructs found on contemporary Earth?

Assuming no psychic or otherwise intangible, possibly unknown element (see Zoes)?

Assuming you are not talking about a straight-up Fantasy-setting with added Space Ships?

Than.. I guess. yes, you would be right.

ancient god
28-03-2011, 14:54
Store staff are not a reliable source of rumours. From what has been said in one thread, they are encouraged to lie to drum up interest.
Bit late to the pary but here goes...

Store staff usually don't get more info than anyone else, but I can tell you I've never been encouraged to lie about releases or other stuff. I find it a little harsh to suggest staffers in general are told to do that.

herostoaces
28-03-2011, 16:32
Assuming Earth-like gravity and Earth-like density of the athmosphere (above water that is)?

Assuming size-to-mass/weight ratios and/or density of biological constructs found on contemporary Earth?

Assuming no psychic or otherwise intangible, possibly unknown element (see Zoes)?

Assuming you are not talking about a straight-up Fantasy-setting with added Space Ships?

Than.. I guess. yes, you would be right.

Yes it's sci-fi and not real. :eyebrows: Or is it?:shifty: There are earth like worlds in the game. There are also high grav worlds in the 40k game with dense atmospheres. They used it to explain squats as they aren't dwarfs. Interesting Theory on the psychic powers helping out on the birden of it masive body structure. That makes it even more cool to think about. Do you think it may have 2 skeletal structures? Exo and Endo.