PDA

View Full Version : Stormraven and Forge World Bits

Vaiuri
26-03-2011, 11:40
After some time checking the Feb Stormraven thread I've not really found an answer to the following questions:

Do Forge World RHINO doors fit the Stormraven?

Does the Forge World LAND RAIDER front ramp or RHINO back door fit the Stormraven access ramp?

I'm asking because I plan to use Inquisitorial Forge World bits on my GK Stormraven (I think its will look cool). I've asked the allmighty Google and have found no pictures or 100% confirmations of anyone actaully doing this so far - only people assuming they fit or having hear their local hobby centre managers brothers kid was planning on doing it - you get the drift.

So, if you have done it yourself please post, and pictures would be great too!

Thanks in advance :)

Earthbeard
26-03-2011, 11:42
The Rhino doors will fit the side doors, due to them being rhino sized :P

No idea on the fron/back ramps.

LonelyPath
26-03-2011, 13:27
I can't remember the size of the front and rear ramps, but the rear ramp doesn't fit the component that actually comes with the kit in the first place, which I think is terribly sloppy work on GW's part.

As said though, Rhino doors will fit the side doors perfectly.

Achaylus72
26-03-2011, 14:00
The front ramp is the same one from the Rhino kit. And the rear ramp is much larger than the Land Raider door. Side door are the same as Rhino side doors.

Go bying the GW site and looking at the sprues

Tomalock
26-03-2011, 18:05
I happened to have the FW rhino additions handy (top, front, back, and side doors) and the rhino rear door will fit the Stormraven front. The sides will also fit the side doors. The rhino top and front additions are of no use without major conversions to the Stormraven kit. I physically checked this, so not specualation on my part. Hope that helps.

LonelyPath
27-03-2011, 02:52
Thanks Tomalock, I will be getting some FW Rhino doors for my next Stormraven, I wasn't sure about the rear Rhino door :)

AlphariusOmegon20
27-03-2011, 16:30
Rhino side doors will definitely fit on the sides and Rhino rear doors will definitely fit on the front ramp.

I recently did an Alpha Legion Stormraven as a goof, and I used the rear door from the Chaos Rhino Upgrade Kit, and the side doors out of the Alpha Legion Rhino Door Kit on it, and everything matched up perfectly.

Vaiuri
27-03-2011, 21:26
AlphariusOmegon20, Tomalock - thank you both very much, just the answers I was looking for :)