PDA

View Full Version : A few Dwarf questions

ClanSkyreFTW
27-03-2011, 04:21
Just a few newbish questions:
1. Can runes can be combined differently and not count as duplicates (eg one weapon with Rune of Cleaving, Rune of Cleaving, Rune of Swiftness and a weapon with Rune of Cleaving, Rune of Swiftness, Rune of Cleaving).
2. Do dispel bonuses from runes such as The Master Rune of Valaya Stack with the dwarfs passive +2 to dispel.
3.Is the gyro-copter's Steam gun move and shoot or is it move or shoot (or something else?)
Thank you for your time for reading and (hopefully:)) posting replies.

Kalandros
27-03-2011, 05:26
1. No, as the order in which the runes are added does not matter, you may not have the same rune combination on different runic weapons.

2. Yes - all bonus always stack

3. Can't shoot if the Gyro Marches, can shoot otherwise, so limited to 10" move to shoot it - that's how it is right now if I'm not mistaken, which is complete rubbish. D:

ClanSkyreFTW
27-03-2011, 05:33
Thank you for that information :)

ariochhelldrake
27-03-2011, 12:34
1) you could however omit one rune or change one rune to a different rune and it would be allowed ie one with 2x Cleaving 1x Swiftness one with 1x Cleaving 1x Swiftness and something else.

2) yeah gives you +4 to dispel combined with extra dispel dice from Runesmiths/anvil gives you an excellent magic defence except against ultimate force

3) as Kalandros says

ariochhelldrake
27-03-2011, 12:35
1) you could however omit one rune or change one rune to a different rune and it would be allowed ie one with 2x Cleaving 1x Swiftness one with 1x Cleaving 1x Swiftness and something else.

2) yeah gives you +4 to dispel combined with extra dispel dice from Runesmiths/anvil gives you an excellent magic defence except against ultimate force

3) as Kalandros says

TwoBitWriter
29-03-2011, 13:25
This may be pointless to point out right now, but the Rune of Swiftness is a Master Rune. As such, you can only have one in your entire army.

Unless you were referring to the Rune of Speed, which gives +1 Initiative.

ClanSkyreFTW
30-03-2011, 06:11
To be honest i just chose 3 random runes but thanks for reminding me of that. Please correct me if this is the wrong place to post but any ideas for good rune combos?

WLBjork
30-03-2011, 06:43
You're best off in the tactics sub-forum, but my personal favourite for the Lord is:

Great Weapon - Master Rune of Kragg, 2 * Rune of Fury (6 S6 attacks), coupled with Shieldbearers and a Rune of Stone (1+ AS) and the Master Rune of Spite (4+ Ward).

ClanSkyreFTW
30-03-2011, 06:45
Sounds pretty nasty although I personally don't see too much honor in the shield-bearer upgrade (3vs1 is hardly fair) at least in a challenge but that's just me putting honor over playability

Haravikk
30-03-2011, 10:40
Great Weapon - Master Rune of Kragg, 2 * Rune of Fury (6 S6 attacks), coupled with Shieldbearers and a Rune of Stone (1+ AS) and the Master Rune of Spite (4+ Ward).
Master Rune of Kragg the Grimm + Rune of Fury + Rune of Snorri Spanglehelm is actually better (more hits) in most cases, just to be picky :)