PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a new army have Ogres and I hate magic

hacknslashgamer
27-03-2011, 08:10
Ok I have an Ogre army that works great I am now looking for the next army as we all are,I hate magic what options do I have except for Dwarf gunline or Empire gunline?
I have heard Woodelves got screwed and was thinking maybe DE, but everyone focuses on magic with them can they make an effective gunline/War hydra at 1000-1500 points?
Also is there a Dark elf forum website?

mitsukai
27-03-2011, 08:18
Just try and steer clear of gunlines with Dwarves is one option and they get the dispel dice which can be cool
And unless I`m wrong DE do have quite a good gunline in RXB`s but someone would have to verify that for me please.

Yes they do mate its http://www.druchii.net/

H33D
27-03-2011, 08:25
I saw a scary Dwarf army with a couple large Miner blocks and an Anvil. He had one cannon for shooting. He won by turn 4 :(

Rogzor87
27-03-2011, 08:27
Khorne Daemons or WoC, they have no magic.

Really you can play any army without magic. I usually only take 1 lvl 2 in my lists just so i have some sort of ability to dispell better but I am not a huge magic fan. Would rather my army duke it out with the other one.

rob_appo
27-03-2011, 09:38
Dark elf rxb lines get alot better with magic, so if you want to steer clear of it i would go with something khorne as posted previously. Because not using magic with dark elves is really missing a trick. Khorne deamons are really cool, and the blood letter kit is awsome. Khorne worriors are disgustingly killy plus kohrne shares your dislike of all things magical.

Novrain
27-03-2011, 10:05
You can run Dwarf armies very easliy in this edition with no shooting bar a cannon, with masses of troops and a few characters.

Very easy to do and a nice change.

ashc
27-03-2011, 12:22
Dwarfs are very cool without going gunline.

GodlessM
27-03-2011, 14:19
No magic screams Dwarfs, no gunline screams combat blocks. Add A and B and you get a Dwarf combat army. In fact I've been seeing these a lot more than gunlines in this edition. Mostly 4 war machines plus tonnes of huge GW totting blocks.

Sinnertje
27-03-2011, 14:34
No magic eh? That's a bit like shooting your own foot with most armies.
All I can think of is Khorne and Dwarf. For other armies it's just silly not to use it, and will set you somewhat back from the start. Not meaning you cannot win, but it's like allowing your opponents a head start in a race.

asphodel
27-03-2011, 14:38
You pretty much need to take along magic users anyway just to counter those of your opponent unless you field dwarves and Khorne daemons I think.

Why avoid a dwarf or empire gunline in favour of a DE gunline?

You could really do any army without magic, but it depends on how competitive you want to be, right?

The bearded one
27-03-2011, 14:40
Indeed, either dwarfs or khorne, or an empire force spamming warrior priests for the dispell dices

Sinnertje
27-03-2011, 14:45
You pretty much need to take along magic users anyway just to counter those of your opponent

Your army can attempt to dispel if you don't have a viable magic user, all you lose out on is the +1-4 from a wizard's magic lvl.

Headzila
27-03-2011, 17:38
I'd go for the good old dwarf combat block. I've pretty much dropped my gunline in favour of this in 8th and it's working well.