PDA

View Full Version : 1000 Points Skaven vs Vamps

elfordminis
27-03-2011, 11:11
So I'm playing Vampire counts soon. No idea what he will be taking so I've come up with this list. I hope its ok. Let me know what you think.

Lords-
Warlord, Weeping Blade. 120
Providing his LD while alive, and I plan on getting him into combat with his Vampire. Causing D3 wounds I will hopefully kill him and his army crumbles.

Heroes-
Chieftain, BSB, Halberd. 72
Hides at the back of his Clanrat unit.
Warlock Enigneer, Level 2, Doom Rocket. 130
Figured I'd need a Level 2 mage, and Doom Rocket is a must take.

Core-
29 Clanrats, Hand Weapon, Shields. Full Command. 150.5
Warlord goes here
BSB goes here.
39 Slaves, Shields, Musician. 99.5
Engineer goes here.
10 Stormvermin.
Hopefully hit a unit in the flank to add some more hit in combat.
5 Giant Rats, Packmaster. 23
Additional deployment and can stop any Dire Wolves for a turn or two.

Special -
2 Rat Ogres, Packmaster. 88
Alot of attacks, higher Initiative then most of the undead, should kill quite a few models.

Rare -
Warp Lightning Cannon.
Use vs. big units, monsters and etheral units.

C&C Wanted please.

ariochhelldrake
27-03-2011, 11:38
I am thinking throwing a unarmoured Warlord at a Vampire is very likely suicide and loosing his leadership could be a big blow. The two Rat Ogres would probably be more effective and harder to kill.
Maybe an Assassin could be another option (though expensive i admit).
Also split the Warlock Engineer for two level ones as Warp Lightening spam can be deadly

elfordminis
27-03-2011, 11:47
I was also thinking that but I will be striking first with 4 attacks. Each one causing d3 wounds. The Assassin was too espensive.
Can you have Warp Lightning on two different casters? I thought the spells could only be known by one wizard?

ariochhelldrake
27-03-2011, 12:22
Yeah a Warlock can always swop one spell for warp lightning

Ratbeast
27-03-2011, 12:43
Lose the vermin a unit of 10 is useless, increase rat orge unit a bit more, 250 points on lords, at a 1000 points? a naked grey seer mhahaha, own the magic phase, plus 4 to dispel, mhahaha

Infact, include a hell pit abomb, drop orges and cannon for it lol, you will easily win then

elfordminis
27-03-2011, 12:47
I was thinking that myself but thought it too much overkill. Plus it will be my first game this size. Slowly getting back into playing the game!

Thinking of splitting the Engineers so I have two lots of Warp Lightning. I'll drop the Stormvermin and gain another 2 Rat Ogres. Will I need 2 pack masters now or is 1 still ok?

Ratbeast
27-03-2011, 21:25
I was thinking that myself but thought it too much overkill. Plus it will be my first game this size. Slowly getting back into playing the game!

Thinking of splitting the Engineers so I have two lots of Warp Lightning. I'll drop the Stormvermin and gain another 2 Rat Ogres. Will I need 2 pack masters now or is 1 still ok?

Go for as many pack masters you can get, rat orges need someone to drive them, lol

patchy
28-03-2011, 04:53
I was also thinking that but I will be striking first with 4 attacks. Each one causing d3 wounds. The Assassin was too espensive.
Can you have Warp Lightning on two different casters? I thought the spells could only be known by one wizard?

dont have my skaven book with me but isnt a warlord int 6? same as a base vampire..

elfordminis
29-03-2011, 18:01
The Warlord is Int 7.

Lords
Warlord, Weeping Blade. 120

Heroes
Chieftain, BSB, Halberd. 72
Engineer, level 1, Warp Energy Condenser. 85
Engineer, Level 1. 65

Core
Warlord goes here
BSB goes here.
38 Slaves, Shields, Musician. 97
Engineers goes here.

Special
4 Rat Ogres, 2 Pack Masters. 176

Rare
Warp Lightning Cannon

Total - 1006 Points

Myrmidon616
29-03-2011, 18:26
Vampire Counts are magic heavy so I'd probably take a Grey Seer, although having not played with them in 8th ed. , i don't know how they've been affected. You'll probably want to watch your flanks for fast stuff like dire wolves/fell bats or summoned zombies.

Edit: when I used my VC against my mates Lizardmen, he had a cheap as chips scar veteran with great weapon so str 7 if my memory serves me. Give your warlord a Giant Blade and you have str 7. Very annoying in a duel.