PDA

View Full Version : Is Codex: Daemonhunters still legal?

Sarevok
27-03-2011, 23:52
1. Its still on the GW site
2. The new codex is codex GREY KNIGHTS not Daemonhunters so it doesnt necessarily replace it

I mean you need DH allies to play the leafblower listed here
http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2009/09/40k-ard-boys-armylist-leafblower.html

If you had codex:GK and codex:DH could you ally the two?

Surgency
27-03-2011, 23:58
No, after the release date of C:GK, the DH codex isn't legal anymore, as GK supersedes it. The DH codex isn't on the US GW site, its been completely removed. Maybe some will argue that its still legal, but thats the same logic that says that Codex: Tau is still legal, despite there being a Codex: Tau Empire.

Also, this has been asked 5-6 times in the last 2 weeks, next time might wanna try using the search function

Azzy
28-03-2011, 00:07
2. The new codex is codex GREY KNIGHTS not Daemonhunters so it doesnt necessarily replace it

Is Codex: Assassins still legal? How about Codex: Craftworld Eldar, Codex: Sisters of Battle, Codex: Imperialis, etc?

No. If you're playing a friendly game and you ask your opponent and he may let you use it. Then again, he may let you make up your own Codex: Blue Blobs, too. However, your opponent is under no obligation to allow it and it takes some logic juggling to assume that C: DH hasn't been superseded by C:GK (especially when the list of 40K armies on the GW site no longer includes Daemonhunters).

It's dead, Jim.

Sarevok
28-03-2011, 00:10
the DH codex is still on the Uk site unlike those ones

Surgency
28-03-2011, 00:21
its been removed from NZ, Aus, Canada, Austria, Germany, France, Spain, and Italy...

I looked, and I couldn't find it on the UK site, its certainly not under the Warhammer 40k -> Armies tab

Azzy
28-03-2011, 00:22
the DH codex is still on the Uk site unlike those ones

For now, at least... not that it matters. Codex: Daemonhunters is dead. Long live (or not) Codex: Grey Knights.

ForgottenLore
28-03-2011, 00:25
Sure it is still legal.

For another 5 days. Then it gets replaced.

wyvirn
28-03-2011, 21:25
If you look at the legal codexes for the upcoming GW tournaments, Codex:DH is not listed. So no, it will not be legal once CGK drops.

AFnord
28-03-2011, 21:31
I want to use my Codex: Armageddon.

But no, the codex is not tournament legal anymore. In friendly games, anything goes, but don't expect any tournaments to allow it. Also, don't expect people to be happy with you if you bring an abusive list like the leafblower list, using an outdated codex, in a friendly game. That, if anything, would make you deserve getting dreadsocked (with a 3rd edition dread).

iamjack42
28-03-2011, 21:43
I think this is a fitting follow-up to "Mat Ward, best codex writer ever" and "Are Phoenix Lords too powerful?"

Sarevok continues his epic trolling of 40k General.

Xabraxis
28-03-2011, 23:44
I'd give mad props to whoever ran the old codex: Daemonhunters list against a Codex: Grey Knights list, all the while calling them heretics.

Cry of the Wind
29-03-2011, 00:08
I'd give mad props to whoever ran the old codex: Daemonhunters list against a Codex: Grey Knights list, all the while calling them heretics.

They only get props if they win... :p:D

Nezalhualixtlan
29-03-2011, 00:50

No, DH is replaced by GK, it will not be legal after GK is released.

Leafblower loses it's Inquisitorial allies, oh well, too bad so sad. :rolleyes:

Now that... would be funny.

Achaylus72
29-03-2011, 02:17
its been removed from NZ, Aus, Canada, Austria, Germany, France, Spain, and Italy...

I looked, and I couldn't find it on the UK site, its certainly not under the Warhammer 40k -> Armies tab

Confirmed of its removal from the Aussie site, i asked a GW staffer and it absolutely illegal, unless someone runs a retroperspective tournament.

TheLionReturns
29-03-2011, 11:24
There is no such thing as legal in terms of wargaming rules. If you want to use it in a tournament you would have to consult the rules of that tournament or the tournament organizer. I would assume that most will disallow it.

For friendly games you would have to consult your opponent, but anything goes rules wise as long as you both agree be they old codices, new codices, forgeworld or homemade rules.