PDA

View Full Version : Skaven Ard Boyz list!

Dante blackfur
28-03-2011, 05:10
Ok, so here is my list, I was going to go with a bit of a pts denil them, sorta...

Grayseer, on Bell, 440 pts

Plague Priest on Furnace 250 pts
Chieftain w/ BSB Storm Banner 100 pts

100 slaves W/shields 150 pts
100 slaves W/shields 150 pts
86 clanrats Spear/shield FC 450 pts

85 plague monks FC 625 pts

x3 HPA Warpspikes 750 pts

the total is 2915 leaving me about 85 pts to add, suggestion or comments are welcomed. I think it would do awesomely in the second sencerio since 2 of my big units are unbreakable. :) What are you thoughts or adjustments?

tmarichards
28-03-2011, 06:48
Hobby killer... :P

Witht eh extra points, how about trying to fit in a few more of the toys? For example, one Warlock Engineer with Brass Orb, and one with Doom Rocket and Condenser. Skitterleaping the chap with Brass Orb can be a nice trick, especially as your opponent will likely be holding onto his dispel dice or scroll for 13th.

Personally, I'd go with 2 cannons and 2 abombs, but that's because as a DE player the cannon makes me have kittens..

Bazzal
28-03-2011, 14:38
tis a truely nasty skaven list. with the extra points id suggest some gutter runners to quixkly deal with enemy war machines keeping your furnace and hell pits alive longer.

Dante blackfur
28-03-2011, 19:03
iieah like the gutter runners idea I'll have to rotfl them in. :)

LordofMuck
28-03-2011, 19:08
Well thats a true hordish skaven list!

Firstly though, 100 slaves with shields are 250 pts, NOT 150pts. So you have used 200 pts more than you think.... (at 3115 pts currently)! Slaves are cheap, but not THAT cheap, lol.

Secondly i would CERTAINLY give the plague priest a flail (+4) as well as some protection (talisman of preservation for a 4+ ward). Id go Power Scroll + Skalm on the Grey Seer. Or maybe Fencer Blades, Skalm and Rival Hide Talisman for optimal protection. He will need it! Id also make the clanrat + monk blocks smaller, and buy about three unit of gutter runners with poison and slings. 3x7 probably.

For rare id go 2xHPA (no spikes) + 3xWLC, thats 740 pts :D

At least those are my suggestions.
Id actually also prefer 4 units of 50 slaves.....(and i wouldnt use shields on the slaves, not worth the pts.....For the 100 pts on slave shields you could get another 50 slaves instead)

And lastly: 100% surely add a Engineer with Doomrocket for a bargain 45 pts......

Squigkikka
28-03-2011, 19:15
Why anyone goes to 'Ard Boyz is beyond me! I mean is it really fun to face off against similarily cheese lists...?

Altough I guess cheese comes naturally to the Skaven :P

Dante blackfur
28-03-2011, 19:24
Well thats a true hordish skaven list!

Firstly though, 100 slaves with shields are 250 pts, NOT 150pts. So you have used 200 pts more than you think.... (at 3115 pts currently)! Slaves are cheap, but not THAT cheap, lol.

Secondly i would CERTAINLY give the plague priest a flail (+4) as well as some protection (talisman of preservation for a 4+ ward). Id go Power Scroll + Skalm on the Grey Seer. Or maybe Fencer Blades, Skalm and Rival Hide Talisman for optimal protection. He will need it! Id also make the clanrat + monk blocks smaller, and buy about three unit of gutter runners with poison and slings. 3x7 probably.

For rare id go 2xHPA (no spikes) + 3xWLC, thats 740 pts :D

At least those are my suggestions.
Id actually also prefer 4 units of 50 slaves.....(and i wouldnt use shields on the slaves, not worth the pts.....For the 100 pts on slave shields you could get another 50 slaves instead)

And lastly: 100% surely add a Engineer with Doomrocket for a bargain 45 pts......

The reason I thought of shields its to give them a 6+ parry save. Maybe keep them alive 1 more turn. And yeah, I'll fix the points when I get home with my book.

LordofMuck
28-03-2011, 20:54
Yeah but its 0.5 pts for a 6+ save on a 2 pt model..... Thats why i think shields are too expensive on the slaves. On the clanrats shields rock on the other hand. On slaves its cheaper to buy more bodies.

friendsofrhomb
28-03-2011, 22:00
I dont think they are too expensive, after all they are slaves, why would the skaven bother giving them shields, they dont care if they die :)

Esco Thomson
29-03-2011, 02:35
Putting them in a block of 100 is a bad idea.

You would be much better off splitting them into manageable units of 50 with musicians.