PDA

View Full Version : Another Close Combat with pic

FestHest
28-03-2011, 09:05
Yesterday I played a game and we ended in close combat as show in the picture.

1. The White Lions is in CC with Bulls and the Iron Guts. THe Star Dragon is in CC with Bulls only and Gorger is in CC with Star Dragon only.
The White Lions gets whiped out. So we moved the Iron Guts into CC with the Dragon. Is this the correct way?

2. The Phoenix Guards charged the Gorger killed it and was then moved into CC with the Iron Guts (figure 3). We didn't let the Iron Guts strike at the Phonix Guards in that turn. Was this correct?

Falkman
28-03-2011, 09:43
Both seem to be played wrong from the info in that pic.
When the White Lions get wiped out the Ironguts are no longer locked in combat. They do not teleport into base contact with another unit as you seem to have done. If, however, it was an overrun move, it seems correct.

How did the Phoenix guard get into contact with the Ironguts? If they killed the Gorger and overran they would stop when hitting the Star dragon.

FestHest
28-03-2011, 09:58
Yea, it seemed wrong at the moment we played it. I think the Ogre player lost that round of combat when the White Lions died, so the Iron guts didn't have to take a break test as they were not in CC?
I can't remember if the Iron Guts charged in that round so they could make a overrun.

We were not sure that a unit could beat itself out of CC.

AMWOOD co
28-03-2011, 12:26
We were not sure that a unit could beat itself out of CC.

p61 of the rulebook. "No More Foes"