PDA

View Full Version : From what point is inspiring presence/BSB reroll measured?

Crovax20
28-03-2011, 11:19
From what point is inspiring presence/BSB reroll measured?

I always thought it was from the actual model itself, but is it? At the moment this is the sole reason i'm not fielding hordes of night goblins because they get too spread out for the leadership/reroll bubble. I can't really find any specifics in the book or FAQ either.

Falkman
28-03-2011, 11:21
Measure from the base of the models, like all other things you measure.

Artiee
28-03-2011, 14:26
Think he may be asking, from the base of the Gen/BSB or the base of the unit the Gen/BSB is in.

I understand its from the base of the GEN/BSB model.

theunwantedbeing
28-03-2011, 14:45
Base of the model, not base of the unit the model is part of.

Otherwise the general & bsb sit in a long thin unit behind everyone.
Much like people would do with Black Orcs when their Quell animosity rule worked for all units within 6" of them.

Jim30
28-03-2011, 16:37
Does the entire unit testing need to be within the bubble though, or only one or two models?

ariochhelldrake
28-03-2011, 17:11
As long as one guy is in thats good enough.

theunwantedbeing
28-03-2011, 17:15
As long as one guy is in thats good enough.

Doesn't need to be a whole guy.
His base can graze the edge of the "bubble" around the general/bsb/whatever and the effects apply to the whole unit.

T10
29-03-2011, 08:04
Much like people would do with Black Orcs when their Quell animosity rule worked for all units within 6" of them.

I have not heard of this people you are talking about. I have doubts that they have ever existed.

It seems to me to be such a complete waste of the 0-1 restricted Black Orcs units to stretch them out into a completely useless formation in order to give another unit or two the ability to resist the 1-in-6 chance of being affected by animosity, that it's something people would think was a good idea, maybe try once.

So, "pics please, or it didn't happen".

-T10

BattleofLund
29-03-2011, 22:40
I have not heard of this people you are talking about. I have doubts that they have ever existed.

It seems to me to be such a complete waste of the 0-1 restricted Black Orcs units to stretch them out into a completely useless formation in order to give another unit or two the ability to resist the 1-in-6 chance of being affected by animosity, that it's something people would think was a good idea, maybe try once.

So, "pics please, or it didn't happen".

-T10

Testimony.

Well, just a normal formation (ten in two ranks) can easily Quell three units, if that is your plan when you deploy. When ten-by-one you covered your whole battleline, except maybe the Boar Boyz (who had the ten-point banner anyway).

Yes I (and people I know) tried it, a few (less than five) times. Problem was, you could use the Anti-Animosity Plan but it didn't really work well when combined with the needs of Beating Your Enemy Plan. And the thinking involved in combining Two Plans seemed way out of character for a Greenskin (Common Orc) Warboss.