PDA

View Full Version : Is there any way of making a WoC daemonweapon flaming?

scar face
28-03-2011, 16:03
Is there any way of doing this?

Does the 'sword of rhun' spell let you do this? (if it still exists)

scar

wilsongrahams
28-03-2011, 16:07
Nope. Sword of Rhuin gives you a flaming sword. It does not make your current weapon flaming.

BigbyWolf
28-03-2011, 16:11
In a unit with the flaming banner?

scar face
28-03-2011, 16:13
I don't think you can... :/

You could in 7th edition I swear- why have they changed this rule. Illogical much.

scar

Harwammer
28-03-2011, 16:35
Some one answered this in the other thread, the flaming attacks rule doesn't apply to magic weapons (unless the weapon itself grants flaming attacks).

As I said in the other thread if you want a reasonable ward save against the self-hits Mark of tzeentch, the pigeon plucker pendant and a flying mount such as a disc is the best way to go. Festus or the lore of nurgle regen spell would also be options but less reliable.

Edit:
@wilsongrahams: you need to re-read the Flaming Sword spell info. It doesn't work like it did in 7th. It gives an augment rather than a weapon now.

theunwantedbeing
28-03-2011, 16:38
Warshrine to get thet 4+ ward helps.
With Tzeentch you'll get the full 3+ ward vs hits from it.

Kalandros
28-03-2011, 17:26
No there are no ways to do this in 8th edition, your Daemonsword cannot ever be Flaming.
Even with an Anvil of Vaul special terrain - it gives you Flaming Attacks, but a Magic Weapon that does not itself have 'Flaming Attacks' never receives this special rule from another source.